BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding BMW Connected Drive not working

05-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
nlkccom
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i AW

BMW Connected Drive not working

I just noticed my connected drive stopped working since yesterday. My vehicle is no longer listed in the app, and when I tried to add my vehicle back to the app, it tells me 'Adding Vehicle Failed'. Other things I've also noticed, SOS button is not working, and I no longer see real time traffic info.

I checked my Connected Drive info online and all services are subscribed until April 2022. What's going on? Any of you have similar issue?
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlkccom View Post
I just noticed my connected drive stopped working since yesterday. My vehicle is no longer listed in the app, and when I tried to add my vehicle back to the app, it tells me 'Adding Vehicle Failed'. Other things I've also noticed, SOS button is not working, and I no longer see real time traffic info.

I checked my Connected Drive info online and all services are subscribed until April 2022. What's going on? Any of you have similar issue?
Same. I just called BMW Assist and their entire system is down. My concierge services subscription keeps disappearing on me. I don't think it's related because this happened in January right after I purchased this vehicle. All the other services have the correct subscription date.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 07:53 PM   #3
jms_90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Quote:

I'm having exactly the same issues; in addition, CarPlay no longer works.

Screenshots of issues and service end dates:

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #4
mqmh23
X5 40e -> M550i -> Tesla MYP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model Y Performance

Same issue here. Can't add my vehicle on the connected drive app and CarPlay completely disappeared as an option on my connected drive on my screen in my M550i. Coincidentally, my car was in service for oil change today, and the service department had no clue what was going on and need me to schedule a followup appointment. I'm going to contact BMW assist/genius tomorrow and see if they can sort this out. Saw on another thread to update BMW assist and hard reboot Idrive by holding down power button for 10-20 seconds with the ignition on. Will try that tomorrow and report back.
      05-08-2019, 02:51 AM   #5
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
BMW really need to up their game with Connected Drive App. I'm in the UK and ours don't break as much as yours but they still do. I don't think it's acceptable in this day and age.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 06:45 AM   #6
Dobie Dog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F97 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Same. I just called BMW Assist and their entire system is down.
Same here. Did BMW give you an ETA on when they would be back up and running?
      05-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #7
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie Dog View Post
Quote:
Same. I just called BMW Assist and their entire system is down.
Same here. Did BMW give you an ETA on when they would be back up and running?
Negative. I called at two different points in time, and both of them had no ETA.
Appreciate 1
Dobie Dog737.50
      05-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #8
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
BMW really need to up their game with Connected Drive App. I'm in the UK and ours don't break as much as yours but they still do. I don't think it's acceptable in this day and age.
Just for the record, it's the service not the app.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 08:04 AM   #9
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mqmh23 View Post
Same issue here. Can't add my vehicle on the connected drive app and CarPlay completely disappeared as an option on my connected drive on my screen in my M550i. Coincidentally, my car was in service for oil change today, and the service department had no clue what was going on and need me to schedule a followup appointment. I'm going to contact BMW assist/genius tomorrow and see if they can sort this out. Saw on another thread to update BMW assist and hard reboot Idrive by holding down power button for 10-20 seconds with the ignition on. Will try that tomorrow and report back.
It's not the app. The entire service is down. BMW Assist can't even access anyone's vehicles. They are trying to perform an upgrade of the entire system

From someone that's in enterprise IT, I can tell you right now they performed a system upgrade which did not go smoothly and they're still trying to recover. They'll inform you over the phone that they're doing a system upgrade, but system upgrades are not typically done in the middle of the week or take this long with no ETA.

I think we can all agree that anything would be an improvement.
Appreciate 1
mqmh2319.50
      05-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #10
nlkccom
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Negative. I called at two different points in time, and both of them had no ETA.
I called yesterday as well, and was also informed they don't have an ETA.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #11
nlkccom
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I tried this method this morning. It restarted the idrive system, but did not resolve the issue.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #12
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I tried this method this morning. It restarted the idrive system, but did not resolve the issue.
As I stated earliest, the entire BMW Connected Drive system is down on the backend, so none of those services are going to work. They are upgrading the system with an ETA of tomorrow afternoon.
Appreciate 1
nlkccom113.00
      05-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #13
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
They have an ETA now of tomorrow afternoon.
Appreciate 1
nlkccom113.00
      05-08-2019, 03:24 PM   #14
nlkccom
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They have an ETA now of tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for the update!
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #15
RLSinCO
Maximum Effort
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M550i

Quote:

From someone that's in enterprise IT,
I am too. What are the odds we are in the same line of work, like our guitars and drive an M550 LOL.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #16
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSinCO View Post
Quote:

From someone that's in enterprise IT,
I am too. What are the odds we are in the same line of work, like our guitars and drive an M550 LOL.
Amen brotha! I've worked in network engineering at Dell, general motors, and now AIG - all with the same small group of people. It's like the mafia: there is no getting out.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #17
RLSinCO
Maximum Effort
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M550i

Quote:
Amen brotha! I've worked in network engineering at Dell, general motors, and now AIG - all with the same small group of people. It's like the mafia: there is no getting out.
LOL - too true. I currently run networking for the largest non-profit Healthcare provider in the U.S. HMU if you are ever looking for a new opportunity because it's a simple fact that BMW M550 owners who know quality guitars make the world's best network engineers!
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #18
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
LOL - too true. I currently run networking for the largest non-profit Healthcare provider in the U.S. HMU if you are ever looking for a new opportunity because it's a simple fact that BMW M550 owners who know quality guitars make the world's best network engineers!
I'll keep that in mind! I just called BMW Assist again today, and the new ETA is 72 business hours from yesterday. Not sure what their business hours actually are, but I wouldn't expect The Connected Drive services to be fully functional until sometime over the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #19
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I'll keep that in mind! I just called BMW Assist again today, and the new ETA is 72 business hours from yesterday. Not sure what their business hours actually are, but I wouldn't expect The Connected Drive services to be fully functional until sometime over the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #20
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #21
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #22
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sorry for the repeated replies. I constantly get submission errors on this app.
Appreciate 0