BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Master windows / mirrors switch / ambient light issue

04-01-2020, 05:31 PM   #1
zeusrazvy
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Master windows / mirrors switch / ambient light issue

Hi everyone,

Whilst trying to retrofit some speakers with ambient light, I managed to ``kill`` the driver side electronics - master window switch / mirrors switch and ambient lightning from the drivers door. I`m pretty sure is a fuse... but damn I`m confused as I looked at the fuse diagram and I don`t have a clue... maybe someone knows? I`m pretty sure is the master window switch as the ambient light works in the rest of the car.

Thanks in advance?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If the G series are anything like any E series from around 1995-up and the F series...all exterior and interior lighting is managed by one of the control modules (FRM/FEM/BDC).

If you’re familiar with the G series communication bus...interior lighting is probably under the control of the BDC (body domain controller).

I would recommend double checking that you reinstalled all the wiring harness connections correctly...or check that you didn’t use the wrong connector. Sometimes there may be a very similar wiring harness in the front doors if you have speakers, the door modules and the wiring for the protective window stuff (pinch protection).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
zeusrazvy
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
If the G series are anything like any E series from around 1995-up and the F series...all exterior and interior lighting is managed by one of the control modules (FRM/FEM/BDC).

If you’re familiar with the G series communication bus...interior lighting is probably under the control of the BDC (body domain controller).

I would recommend double checking that you reinstalled all the wiring harness connections correctly...or check that you didn’t use the wrong connector. Sometimes there may be a very similar wiring harness in the front doors if you have speakers, the door modules and the wiring for the protective window stuff (pinch protection).
I`ve triple checked all the connections. Actually if the correct connections are not made then the ambient light stops working in the whole car. All the lights / switches etc are working except the drivers door... I`ll check BDC fuses/window fuses/mirror fuses... should be one of them.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 04:34 PM   #4
Eveline
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30!Bmw f10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusrazvy View Post
I`ve triple checked all the connections. Actually if the correct connections are not made then the ambient light stops working in the whole car. All the lights / switches etc are working except the drivers door... I`ll check BDC fuses/window fuses/mirror fuses... should be one of them.
What’s the solution in the end I would kindly appreciate! Have similar issues!..:
Appreciate 0