BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Newbie just to say hello

10-20-2023, 03:30 AM   #1
Truckingkev
Rep
Drives: 520D Xdrive M Sport

Newbie just to say hello

Just wanted to post and say a quick hello to everyone from England (UK) . I have a 520D Xdrive M Sport and looking forward to making some cosmetic changes to it like turning off the annoying auto stop start and the headlight switch won’t turn the lights off. Any help from you guys in the know would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 04:57 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Welcome

Although I’ve not used them myself, there are tools like bimmercode and Carly that can make changes

What year is the car?
aSS should be able to be turned off , I think from what I’ve read here only those with idrive 7 and the very latest software on it (July 2023) have experienced issues coding ASS as bmw slowly ontroduce secure coding
Pretty sure prior to that you should be ok to set that including idrive 6
The experienced coders here can chip in on that

I only used ESYS back when I had a f10 and am not up todate as regards the matter

You should be able to get good info from this site , a lot of helpful people around
Appreciate 1