BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Match 8DSP amplifier for hifi upgrade (g30 2018)

08-31-2023, 07:28 AM   #1
amaguran
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Match 8DSP amplifier for hifi upgrade (g30 2018)

My G30 from 2018 has the HIFI sound option, so, based on the overall recommendations, I've decided to change the stock amplifier with Match 7BWM. However, 7BMW being no longer available, the manufacturer had offered a 8DSP with the wiring harness PP-BMW 1.7HIFI at the same price.
As opposed to the 7BMW, the 8DSP requires connection to the battery.
I have received a sound setup which is not available on their website (https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ase/soundIndex).
The result is not great at all. The sound is clearer on high volume, but it lacks base and consistency (I don't know how to express it). I suppose I need to start learning to use the DSP PC-Tool to tweak the sound. In case somebody has some sound setups for G30 and 8DSP I would really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 07:54 AM   #2
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

That is correct. YouŽd better either learn yourself or give it to pros who can do the setup for you. It should not be a rocket science. I had mine professionally setup and was present during testing. The sound became much clearer when we setup the timing differences of individual speakers to the drivers head. The whole setup took about 1 hour
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 11:43 AM   #3
amaguran
Rep

I was expecting a plug&play system, which was not the case, with an already optimized sound configuration for my car (given the standard HIFI option). So, future buyers, you have been warned
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 10:00 AM   #4
BMW3DK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 / 540 G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaguran View Post
I was expecting a plug&play system, which was not the case, with an already optimized sound configuration for my car (given the standard HIFI option). So, future buyers, you have been warned
For you - and future buyers... Optimized would in that case just be another generic sound profile made to please as many as possible...

Either learn to use the DSP tool, or pay the (few) $$$ extra to get a pro to do a optimized profile with you in the car.
It is well worth the investment vs the daily use. :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 08:03 AM   #5
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Absolutely agree with BMW3DK. I was present during my professional install and having heard what the DSP does I can say that improper tuning literally makes (or spoils) the sound no matter what speakers you installed.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 11:56 AM   #6
amaguran
Rep

Playing around with the DSP app I've noticed that no sound is coming from the subwoofers. So, this should explain the output quality.
Can someone please share your configuration for the G and H channels?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 02:04 PM   #7
amaguran
Rep

I have received an updated sound profile from the manufacturer: https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1696359497 (don't forget to remove the file extension ".pdf"). The subwoofers works now. They have updated their website and added "UP 8DSP with PP-BMW 1.7HiFi UP 8DSP Edition" at https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ase/soundIndex

They've also provided the instructions (https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1696359497) which, when used, it will make the connection to the battery no longer necessary. However, there is one mistake: the autoRemote option should be left on. I'm waiting for a confirmation from them.

As a side note: I've purchased a miniDSP UMIK-1 microphone and I intend to improve the sound via the RTA feature of the app. Then I will provide the updated sound profile.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 03:41 PM   #8
Catalin1337
Rep
Drives: Bmw g20 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaguran View Post
I have received an updated sound profile from the manufacturer: https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1696359497 (don't forget to remove the file extension ".pdf"). The subwoofers works now. They have updated their website and added "UP 8DSP with PP-BMW 1.7HiFi UP 8DSP Edition" at https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ase/soundIndex

They've also provided the instructions (https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1696359497) which, when used, it will make the connection to the battery no longer necessary. However, there is one mistake: the autoRemote option should be left on. I'm waiting for a confirmation from them.

As a side note: I've purchased a miniDSP UMIK-1 microphone and I intend to improve the sound via the RTA feature of the app. Then I will provide the updated sound profile.
So this is only for ppl that dont want it connected to the battery? Im still having it powered directly from the battery. Is there any problem with that?

Did you manage to do the best tune file your car? Can you share it please?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2023, 12:45 AM   #9
amaguran
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalin1337 View Post
So this is only for ppl that dont want it connected to the battery? Im still having it powered directly from the battery. Is there any problem with that?

Did you manage to do the best tune file your car? Can you share it please?
Initially, I had it connected to the battery and I had no problems. However, after seeing their warning "This is essential to prevent damage to the amplifier or the vehicle." then I've decided to make the adjustments and disconnect it from the battery.

I did not have the time to fine tune the sound.
Appreciate 0