BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Odometer button not doing anything

12-04-2023, 09:11 AM   #1
vlad12085
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Odometer button not doing anything

Hey. I want to manually reset de oil service, but no matter how long I keep the odometer button pressed, it doesn't do anything. The car's engine was off and I pressed the start button three times before trying, so I was in diagnose mode. I have no idea what to do next. Could anyone help me with this one? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 07:23 AM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Equipment specification with the reset button for the trip odometer in the instrument cluster (KOMBI)
Generate PWF status "Residing".
Generate PWF status "PAD": To do so, press the START-STOP button 3 times.
Press trip distance recorder reset button (1) for approx. 10 s, until the 1st scope of maintenance work appears on the display.
The next position is reached by briefly pressing the trip distance recorder reset button (1) again.
Select the desired service job.
If a CBS reset is possible, "Reset possible" is displayed on the instrument cluster (KOMBI).
Confirm the "Perform reset?" text message. To do so, press the trip distance recorder reset button (1) for 3 s.
The CBS reset is confirmed as "Reset successful" after it is performed.

Equipment specification without the reset button for the trip odometer in the instrument cluster (KOMBI)
Generate PWF status "Residing".
Generate PWF status "PAD": To do so, press the START-STOP button 3 times.
Press on-board computer button on the turn signal/high beam switch (1) for approx. 10 s, until the 1st scope of maintenance work appears on the display.
The next position is reached by briefly pressing the on-board computer button on the turn signal/high beam switch (1)again.
Select the desired service job.
If a CBS reset is possible, "Reset possible" is displayed on the instrument cluster (KOMBI).
Confirm the "Perform reset?" text message. For this, press the on-board computer button on the turn signal/high beam switch (1) for 3 s.
The CBS reset is confirmed as "Reset successful" after it is performed.

If these doesnt work then you will have to do it using diagnostic tools.
Appreciate 0