BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Pet Peeves

10-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #221
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I see computer sales has been successful in several states around teh US, getting MyAnal installed.

Use Chrome, requires no Admin account to install
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #222
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I see computer sales has been successful in several states around teh US, getting MyAnal installed.

Use Chrome, requires no Admin account to install
I do use chrome for BP. Are you stating that if I use chrome rather than IE that they can not track my internet usage through MyAnal?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #223
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Management before didn't care as long as we got our work completed. When I started, I was told we could use the internet for whatever as long as it was in moderation and our job was done. Work first, then whatever. In the years that I have been here, I have no write-ups, no verbals, no points and not a single reprimand. I come in early and stay late almost daily. Now suddenly, my productivity and efficiency is being scrutinized.

The way I see things is that they pay be get a job done. I have to be here for x amount of hours regardless of workload. Either provide me with work to be done or leave me alone about what I do during downtime. Either this or pay me a flat rate, without set hours and I will complete every task on-time, in-full.

This is where a lot of companies start a downward spiral in which productivity goes down, they press harder, it backfires on them, and then morale starts dropping.

Once that begins, it's a slippery slope to overcome....biggest reason being that they won't admit they were wrong in the policy they implemented.

It just makes their people turn against them, and they are really too stupid to notice it until they have alienated everyone that was worth a damn!
      10-14-2019, 04:07 PM   #224
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I do use chrome for BP. Are you stating that if I use chrome rather than IE that they can not track my internet usage through MyAnal?
I never pick up the phone when Micro$oft calls, so I can't say with 100% certainty. But with most things Micro$oft, I would place money on that bet. Its different than having URL monitoring on the Palo Alto firewall . . .
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #225
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
This is where a lot of companies start a downward spiral in which productivity goes down, they press harder, it backfires on them, and then morale starts dropping.

Once that begins, it's a slippery slope to overcome....biggest reason being that they won't admit they were wrong in the policy they implemented.

It just makes their people turn against them, and they are really too stupid to notice it until they have alienated everyone that was worth a damn!
That is exactly where we currently are. I'm a go-getter/problem solver. Point a finger, explain the problem and I'll provide multiple solutions based off varying desired end results. Leave me with nothing to do and nothing to focus my time or energy on, then criticize me for my use of time and obviously there will be some irritation. I did ask that once the new counter tops are installed and my monitors will be visible to everyone, if we were going to be able to keep our cubicle walls, to have a little privacy; I was told absolutely not! This is being done to monitor our productivity.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #226
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Oddly enough, I just got an email on my university account welcoming me to My Analytics. Son-of-a-b...
All y'all have me wondering if this isn't a new email virus/scam going around, conning people into installing a spyware agent pretending to me the Redmond Mothership?????
      10-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #227
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
All y'all have me wondering if this isn't a new email virus/scam going around, conning people into installing a spyware agent pretending to me the Redmond Mothership?????
I'll be asking my IT folks about it tomorrow as people will be coming to me asking me if it's a scam.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #228
rbhjr01462
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, X3

retired people who have all the time in the world

My peeve are those retired people who clog up the waiting room at local tire dealers, parts stores, safety inspection, etc on Saturday, which is my only time to get those things done. Why don;t they get their tires rotated on Monday or Wed so people like me who have to work those days don't have to wait 3 hours to get these things done on the 1 day a week we have available!
Appreciate 2
bobowar1353479.00
unluky7465.00
      10-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #229
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

This seems like the best place for this, although it's not so much a peeve as something that I don't get why it's a thing, or popular in any way. Do we have an "I don't get it!" Thread?

Anyway, I don't get:

Tiktok
White Claw
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
unluky7465.00
      10-14-2019, 07:23 PM   #230
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's real, but supposedly private. If you believe M$.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wor.../privacy-guide

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #231
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
it's not funny but still.....

I'm sorry man. Welcome to my world.

Continuation of pet peeves: Murder of the English language.

Word of the day from my co-worker and office co-habitant. "Differenter" I'm assuming means even more different. Use in a sentence: "It sure does feel nice outside. It's differenter than it was this morning."

These are the masterminds I work with and somehow I am viewed as the outcast.
You want to try speaking REAL English then moving to America
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-15-2019, 05:39 AM   #232
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
It's real, but supposedly private. If you believe M$.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wor.../privacy-guide
The best social engineering scam involves the rollout of a new, legitimate product. When you said that you also received it on a university email account, that raises an immediate yellow flag because universities are (1) being targeted by foreign hackers and (2) usually the last place tracking users' online activities due to academic freedom policies/practices.

Last week's phishing/virus scam du jour was fake Sharepoint document web links. I have discovered/reported over a half dozen new zero-day viruses, and am truly disappointed with our enterprise anti-virus vendor's recent performance when I can find malicious files before they do.....
      10-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #233
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
You want to try speaking REAL English then moving to America
One of my closest friends is from England. I get schooled on proper English constantly.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-15-2019, 07:43 AM   #234
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The best social engineering scam involves the rollout of a new, legitimate product. When you said that you also received it on a university email account, that raises an immediate yellow flag because universities are (1) being targeted by foreign hackers and (2) usually the last place tracking users' online activities due to academic freedom policies/practices.

Last week's phishing/virus scam du jour was fake Sharepoint document web links. I have discovered/reported over a half dozen new zero-day viruses, and am truly disappointed with our enterprise anti-virus vendor's recent performance when I can find malicious files before they do.....
We get nailed with tons of social engineering emails. Some are so good that anyone not paying attention will fall for them. There is almost always a clue or two, but some people are too lazy to check things out. Plus our school has a bad habit of sending out legitimate emails that look like phishing attempts, so that doesn't help.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
vreihen1614882.00
      10-15-2019, 09:16 AM   #235
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

This one might need a thread of its own, but I HATE getting old, even though it beats the alternative. I woke up feeling fine this morning. I was about to take a shower and was standing up perfectly straight by the sink. I went to take off my watch, just moving my hands together in front of me, and my lower back popped almost audibly. Now it hurts like hell to move until I walk around for 3 or 4 minutes. Argh. Getting old sucks.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13152.00
vreihen1614882.00
cmyx6go15560.00
Rmtt8206.00
bobowar1353479.00
      10-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #236
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This one might need a thread of its own, but I HATE getting old, even though it beats the alternative. I woke up feeling fine this morning. I was about to take a shower and was standing up perfectly straight by the sink. I went to take off my watch, just moving my hands together in front of me, and my lower back popped almost audibly. Now it hurts like hell to move until I walk around for 3 or 4 minutes. Argh. Getting old sucks.
I have a perfect cure for you, see the Sipping thread
Appreciate 1
bobowar1353479.00
      10-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #237
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I have a perfect cure for you, see the Sipping thread
Haven't had anything beyond a few beers in weeks. I need an elixir.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #238
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
I'll touch on this as well. The gas station that is close to the gym is a nightmare to stop at. The cashiers want to have a conversation with every single customer. If not the customers, then other cashiers behind the counter. I get all hopped up on preworkout, then stop there. I have actually fussed at them and told them to "pay attention" to me and not each other. I did literally tell one of them, "Pay attention to me. I'm the paying customer. She'll be there the rest of your shift" while waiting on her to operate the cash register.

If it isn't this, it them playing with their cell phones.
Curious...what do you need to go into the gas station for? I literally never step foot inside of a gas station.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #239
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Curious...what do you need to go into the gas station for? I literally never step foot inside of a gas station.
I'm a smoker. I know, terrible habit but it is the one vice that I have left. At least it isn't skinny jeans, a man bun or vaping.
Appreciate 2
unluky7465.00
      10-15-2019, 10:09 PM   #240
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Similar but not the same. I had to go have lab work done this morning. As the girlfriend and I are sitting in the waiting room, a young mom (roughly 21-25) is trying to coerce her son (around 8-10 years) to get his lab work done. The waiting room was dead silent until they called for them to go back. Instantly the little kid starts crying and throwing a tantrum. Refusing to put his cell phone down and crying every step of the way, because he was trying to play a game on his phone. At no point did the mother make him put the phone down. He never even took his eyes off the damn thing as he fake cried the entire walk down the hallway. I weep for our future. In less than 20 years, these little shits will be the one's running things. Scares the shit out of me.

I appreciate it, but yeah VPN is out. The admins have the network locked up tight. I had to pull some strings, with an inside connect, just to get Office 2016 and Display Fusion installed on my machine, and this took months to achieve.
nah... at least taking a state school as a sample size, those kinds of kids get easily noticed by people running things. it's still surprising, the amount that make it so far, but they rarely get involved with high-end stuff and just do mediocre at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
This seems like the best place for this, although it's not so much a peeve as something that I don't get why it's a thing, or popular in any way. Do we have an "I don't get it!" Thread?

Anyway, I don't get:

Tiktok
White Claw
what do you not get about them? tiktok is the new vine, content is absolutely retarded though some people are funny
white claws are the "new" way of getting drunk. the hype is dying, actually - it's like light beer on paper without the (not my words) disgusting taste of beer. 100 calories for a can of beer that tastes fruity and works prime as a mixer for vodka is pretty solid imo

Quote:
dude yes. i'm 100% going to get shit for this but i get terrible hangovers too and it just sucks lol i rarely go hard nowadays. i do miss the sophomore me going out to rally with the boys

Quote:
I'm a smoker. I know, terrible habit but it is the one vice that I have left. At least it isn't skinny jeans, a man bun or vaping.
what are your thoughts on juuls or similar variants? they're vapes, technically, but without the big clouds
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #241
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
a personal pet peeve though? people who act as if you are dumb as a rock. not only it's condescending, it becomes a zero-sum game if you underestimate the person across you, without even helping you personally...
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-16-2019, 07:09 AM   #242
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

what are your thoughts on juuls or similar variants? they're vapes, technically, but without the big clouds
Those things I don't mind, and from what I see, are more socially acceptable than those electronic bricks, emitting clouds that make me wish my prescription glasses had fog lights. It's not so much the vaping device as the "bro" persona attached to the vaping scene. It's basically the same thing as the Fast/Furious crowd. It's just "those guys" in general. Each group of "bro's", that is into a particular scene, are only respected or seen as "cool" by the other "bro's" associated with said scene. To the rest of us, they just look like some douche, trying way too hard at being accepted by other people in their clique, but we are all guilty of it.

Smoker's are a dying breed, which is good. That shit is terrible for you. I smoke because I enjoy it. I also smoke cigars, pipes, tires and fools (like it ain't no thang - R.I.P Eazy E). I don't smoke to fit in or look cool, I simply enjoy sucking cancerous ash. I think people who smoke cigarettes are actually the outcasts these days. Fewer and fewer people are doing it. It's funny how smokers look down on vapers, vapers look down on smokers and non-smokers just want to tell us how we are going to die of cancer, while their asses shove other harmful food and/or chemicals down their gullet.

At the end of the day, we all have shit that we are in to and cliques that we associate in. Technically we shouldn't judge other people for what they think is cool or choose to be a part of. However, I am human and stereotyping people for how they look, how they speak and what they think is cool, is what we do. Until I am no longer human, I will freely judge the shit out of and make fun of everyone I encounter.....it's what I do. Vape on young lad, just stay away from toting about a f'n car battery attached to small gas tank containing your favorite blend of cotton candy vagina and pina colada panty liner vape juice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
a personal pet peeve though? people who act as if you are dumb as a rock. not only it's condescending, it becomes a zero-sum game if you underestimate the person across you, without even helping you personally...
I deal with this daily as well. Maybe not the same, but similar to people who think you are more obtuse than they are and expect you to believe the bullshit they try to feed you. It doesn't bother me that I recognize their ignorance, what does bother me is that these stupid people, actually think, I am less intelligent than they are as they walk away thinking I bought the bullshit they freely spew.

Always try to remember that their treating you as an idiot says nothing about you, but everything about them. Also remember, rarely is it acceptable to call them out on it or draw attention to it to others. Those smart enough to pick up on it, most certainly do; drawing attention to it makes you less of a gentleman.

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-16-2019 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 2