E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone cradle......

10-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
DNA_42
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 520d

iPhone cradle......

My dealer got my order wrong omitted USB integration (see earlier thread) and is now saying that an iPhone cradle may give me the iDrive access to the music menus that I want. They are not sure, and I am very doubtful.

Can anyone using an iPhone cradle tell me if they have full menu control via the cradle or is it just for charging? How about bluetooth, does this give iDrive control of iPhone menus?

Actually I do not have an iPhone, I do have an iTouch (will that work in the cradle?), though I would consider getting an iPhone if it would give me what I want.

I went to see the car this morning, a few days earlier that expected, and before they had prepared it for delivery. It does look amazing, light wood is wicked and works very well with beige leather.

Wish I had ordered 18" rims though.

We went through all the options open to me: re-order (Jan delivery (and more VAT!)), cancellation, swallowing it and taking the F10 as it is and maybe installing a USB socket retrospectively if/when it becomes available...

Now I have seen the car I want it, ready for delivery by about Wed or Thurs next week.... But I am angry I have been put in this position.....

DNA_42
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
f=ma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

you have to purchase a physical cradle for ur specific phone, so if u have other phones u can purchase cradle for it.

fwiw i have iphone 3g cradle for sale, they havnt come out with iphone 4 cradle yet.
      10-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA_42 View Post
My dealer got my order wrong omitted USB integration (see earlier thread) and is now saying that an iPhone cradle may give me the iDrive access to the music menus that I want. They are not sure, and I am very doubtful.

Can anyone using an iPhone cradle tell me if they have full menu control via the cradle or is it just for charging? How about bluetooth, does this give iDrive control of iPhone menus?

Actually I do not have an iPhone, I do have an iTouch (will that work in the cradle?), though I would consider getting an iPhone if it would give me what I want.

I went to see the car this morning, a few days earlier that expected, and before they had prepared it for delivery. It does look amazing, light wood is wicked and works very well with beige leather.

Wish I had ordered 18" rims though.

We went through all the options open to me: re-order (Jan delivery (and more VAT!)), cancellation, swallowing it and taking the F10 as it is and maybe installing a USB socket retrospectively if/when it becomes available...

Now I have seen the car I want it, ready for delivery by about Wed or Thurs next week.... But I am angry I have been put in this position.....

DNA_42
the smartphone integration requires the ipod/usb option so i don't see how you can do this.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Hunty bunty
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

What's the part number, I'll speak to my local dealer
Appreciate 0