BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Collection experience

03-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #23
Incom
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

I don't know which Plant mine was built at. Is there a way of figuring it out from the VIN number?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #24
cerbera
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i xdrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incom View Post
I don't know which Plant mine was built at. Is there a way of figuring it out from the VIN number?
Yes...www.bimmer.work

Input last 7 characters of VIN, one of the lines of information is which plant; must admit I thought all G30 saloons were coming from Dingolfing at the moment
      03-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #25
Incom
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks cerbera. Mine was built in Dingolfing.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #26
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:
I’ve just had a disappointing pickup experience of my own today.

A bit of background first – I’d originally ordered an X5 that arrived at Christmas. The collection of that was ruined because of a build error I discovered on the car. After a couple of days of negotiation, I agreed to take the car with a discount. I then realised the Comfort Seats with the Ventilation option that I’d ordered were extremely hard (barely any padding at all), and after a few hundred miles my back couldn’t take any more. So despite taking a financial hit, I decided replace it and order a G30 530i M Sport (and I made sure to order the seats I’d test driven this time).

So collection day arrived today and all was going well until I drove it off the dealers forecourt and an engine warning popped up – “Drive train warning – reduced power available” – so I went around the roundabout and took it straight back. They said BMW Munich needs to investigate so they’ll need it for at least 24 hours.

To have two new car pickup experiences spoiled within the course of 3 months is hugely disappointing to say the least.
Hello what kind of build error? The seats were incorrect than you have ordered?
Btw all G30 from Dingolfing? I thought all cars are made in Munich, except the X models
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #27
Incom
United Kingdom
Rep

The seats on the X5 were as ordered - just incredibly hard and gave me a lot of back pain. The misbuild was related to the Pure Excellence design pack I had specified - it was missing some of the features.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #28
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

My G30 back to the dealer. The side mirror not tilting when in reverse (but folds normally). The headlight washers (full ICON LED) not working. I have been told it would take two days to fix. Produced in Dingolfing. Otherwise two weeks spent with the car have been wonderful.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #29
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
My G30 back to the dealer. The side mirror not tilting when in reverse (but folds normally). The headlight washers (full ICON LED) not working. I have been told it would take two days to fix. Produced in Dingolfing. Otherwise two weeks spent with the car have been wonderful.
Worrying...but then I only count a handful of real issues (requiring the car to go back to the dealer) here so far, and I imagine they must be delivering by the hundreds if not thousands at this stage. No consolation to those who have encountered glitches, which I am sure will be sorted, hopefully this won't be the start of an epidemic which afflicted Mercedes in the early 2000s...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #30
Shakespere
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 530D xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
Worrying...but then I only count a handful of real issues (requiring the car to go back to the dealer) here so far, and I imagine they must be delivering by the hundreds if not thousands at this stage. No consolation to those who have encountered glitches, which I am sure will be sorted, hopefully this won't be the start of an epidemic which afflicted Mercedes in the early 2000s...
Mine is getting ready with paper work for delivery and now instead of happy am nervous. Many who were active here are having issues. Many others having them probably not on this forum at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 03:45 PM   #31
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespere View Post
Mine is getting ready with paper work for delivery and now instead of happy am nervous. Many who were active here are having issues. Many others having them probably not on this forum at all.
On the optimistic side, dealers would have had demonstrators running for at least a month now and some of these options which are exhibiting issues would be relatively common so one would hope they are being debugged promptly... The unspeakable pessimistic scenario is that this car has been released without a full testing programme in an effort to get it on sale, or that the factory quality system is not picking up what seem like rudimentary faults in this digital age, either it works or it doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #32
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespere View Post
On the optimistic side, dealers would have had demonstrators running for at least a month now and some of these options which are exhibiting issues would be relatively common so one would hope they are being debugged promptly... The unspeakable pessimistic scenario is that this car has been released without a full testing programme in an effort to get it on sale, or that the factory quality system is not picking up what seem like rudimentary faults in this digital age, either it works or it doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #33
IJ
Rep
Drives: G30 540i M 996 C4

I'm amazed at some of these stories and I wonder if it's dealer specific. My dealer in East Sussex wouldn't let me have the car for 2 days after it arrived as they wanted to go over the whole thing to make sure everything worked. My BMW genius was 24yrs old and new most of his stuff. After 45 mins of sitting in the car with him in the handover bay I said that this was fascinating - it really was - but can I go drive the car now. Apparently with the G30 there's so much tech they expect most owners to head back after a month to work out the rest. I'm resisting this - it would be an affront to my geekiness 😃
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #34
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Never buy in the first year of a new model, and definitely avoid the first few months of production!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #35
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Never buy in the first year of a new model, and definitely avoid the first few months of production!
Sheesh man. Go tell some people with patience!
Appreciate 1
ajfoggy1517.00
      03-22-2017, 01:44 AM   #36
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Many people say same thing but do they keep that word ? Probably not . I generally advise to avoid first year of cars but I'm definitely wanting to buy G30 sooner than later because G30 is
      03-22-2017, 03:26 AM   #37
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

For a brand new car that landed from Germany few hours before, not just the dealer at fault here I be complaining to BMW about them too, I am at my 4th brand new BMW order over the last 20 years, between my cars and my wife we had some 8 deliveries, I do know from experience BMW quality is dropping, not surprised with the volumes they up to now. so not alway dealers fault.
Last time I checked they are not behind the code and software let a long a brand new car setup, never the less no excuses for not checking the car before calling you for a pick up when you coming all the way from Donegal, on the positive side you aware of it and should the nav go wrong again you fully aware of the screw up at the beginning and can claim new one on warranty.
our X3 was one of the 1st produced, we had a number of issues all resoved with warranty even after warranty expired we managed to get them resolved with out paying, I guess we learned the hard way for never going for 1st produced cars in any model, always a risk with any brand I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
What a stupid joke. You have premium luxury expensive car and they are that stupid that they cant overwrite a software?
I will never let them drive my car especially 4h way. They should bring it for you on truck.

I am a bit stressed now after reading this thread.. I hope i did no mistake by buying new car. I did it because I want fresh nice car, not with scratches inside, not working ambiente or nav..

Btw you were "lucky" they told it to you. I bet here they won´t + live in hope I would not find some kind of problem

Btw 2 my friends father bought seat ibiza - new one - and when they looked at home under the car they seen 4 small holes on suspension - they dropped it from truck or something during delivery. So he got 1000€ discount.. BUT they didnt tell him he had to call them piss*d off like a bull.. Well it´s nice to see we probably need a mechanic and also stroke the car before taking it

Last edited by martin mustang; 03-22-2017 at 03:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
ZigmundUK443.00
      03-22-2017, 07:18 AM   #38
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJ View Post
I'm amazed at some of these stories and I wonder if it's dealer specific. My dealer in East Sussex wouldn't let me have the car for 2 days after it arrived as they wanted to go over the whole thing to make sure everything worked. My BMW genius was 24yrs old and new most of his stuff. After 45 mins of sitting in the car with him in the handover bay I said that this was fascinating - it really was - but can I go drive the car now. Apparently with the G30 there's so much tech they expect most owners to head back after a month to work out the rest. I'm resisting this - it would be an affront to my geekiness ��
Its not just the G30. They did that with my wife's X4 delivery too...But her head would have popped-off if she had to stay there learning any more an hour into it.

Lucky for her she has me at home and I know as much or more about these cars than most any sales person lol!
      03-22-2017, 07:56 AM   #39
Incom
United Kingdom
Rep

Quick update on my G30. Neither the Dealer or BMW know what is causing the fault. BMW have asked the dealer to run some tests that require some part of the exhaust to be opened up, and that will require new seals which have to be sent from Germany – they won’t arrive until next Wednesday.

I’m feeling pretty miserable and cheesed off about the whole experience now. I’m told BMW Customer Service have been made aware of the situation and that when the car is fixed they will make some gesture to keep me happy – but to be honest the way I’m feeling now, it would take something spectacular to make me happy.

Last edited by Incom; 03-22-2017 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #40
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest 535i View Post
Its not just the G30. They did that with my wife's X4 delivery too...But her head would have popped-off if she had to stay there learning any more an hour into it.

Lucky for her she has me at home and I know as much or more about these cars than most any sales person lol!
I have a 535m expecting delivery of my 540 next week. How much different can technology be. I hope I am not there for an hour, only difference I see is I added drivers assistance plus, just need to show me how to set blind spot. I can pair my own phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #41
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Quick update on my G30. Neither the Dealer or BMW know what is causing the fault. BMW have asked the dealer to run some tests that require some part of the exhaust to be opened up, and that will require new seals which have to be sent from Germany – they won’t arrive until next Wednesday.

I’m feeling pretty miserable and cheesed off about the whole experience now. I’m told BMW Customer Service have been made aware of the situation and that when the car is fixed they will make some gesture to keep me happy – but to be honest the way I’m feeling now, it would take something spectacular to make me happy.
That's too bad mate, it really is. In my case they delivered my car to me yesterday and all now seems fine. The dealer said they would be in touch today with details of the sweetener they're going to give me. I hope it all works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:11 AM   #42
Incom
United Kingdom
Rep

Glad to hear you've finally got yours mate. Hope you're enjoying it!

I'd be curious to know what sweetener they offer you - it might give me some indication what to expect.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 12:34 PM   #43
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Thats a bummer! Make sure you let them know that you are very unsatisfied and per the survey if they want to get good marks what can they do to make it up to you.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #44
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
I have been told by the dealer that I must have a memory seat before my mirror dips whilst in reverse even though I have folding mirrors. Is this true?
Appreciate 0