BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery New to BMW, have many questions.

01-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
Welovelegend
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 540i Xdrive M Sport

Garage List
New to BMW, have many questions.

Hi, All

I am brand new here and BMW. My wife and I just started to look for our next car recently. We decided to move up to BMW. I have some questions to ask here, hope to have your inputs and advise. Because our budget, we are looking at pre-owned G30.

I visited a local dealer, very nice and helpful but they do not have any pre-owned G30 that I like yet. Test drove couple of basic model 2018 G30s. I totally love how BMW drives, just pure enjoyment. I was told I probably need to wait another year to see more of better equipped G30s show up on their lot. We really can't wait, so I started to look around and found some nice ones at non-dealers. Please see below for a sample.

14,206 miles Driver Assistance Package, Heat Package, Premium Package, Climate Package, Luxury Package, Light Package, Comfort Package, Sound Package, M Sport Package. $41,990

Please excuse me here, the questions I am going to ask probably already been asked many times before.

1. Is this good price? Based on my research, it seems like a good price. $40k is probably a great deal for this fully loaded low milage vehicle. Based on all the packages, what was the original price? $65k?

2. Dark Graphite Metallic, is this the correct color? It seems very light.

3. Will BMW honor its remaining warranty since its not from a dealer?

4. Can I purchase extended warranty from BMW if I bought it from a non BMW dealer? I figure I need this because fully loaded car usually means more problems down the road...

I am planning on a visit in the next couple of days so that I can see this car in person. Hopefully I can test drive it. Are there anything I need to pay close attention to if I get to spend time with this car?

Thank you all in advance. Really appreciate it.

Best
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
personally really liked the 360 degree park assist plus (the reason why I ordered my car plus a few other things), not sure if that matters to you
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
personally really liked the 360 degree park assist plus (the reason why I ordered my car plus a few other things), not sure if that matters to you
It's very cool. This is a shot of the Remote 3D View feature when my window tint was being installed. You can pinch & zoom too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
For me it was more about not to curb it when I parallel park...
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
For me it was more about not to curb it when I parallel park...
I realized that after I posted this. At first glance I thought we were talking about the same thing. And I agree, the parking assistant is awesome.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      02-01-2019, 09:28 PM   #6
BeeeeeByron
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Hi

Want to know did you get that one at the end? I also get attracted by their car. I'm following another white one....

Would like to know your shopping experience.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #7
reesch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G30 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welovelegend View Post
Hi, All

I am brand new here and BMW. My wife and I just started to look for our next car recently. We decided to move up to BMW. I have some questions to ask here, hope to have your inputs and advise. Because our budget, we are looking at pre-owned G30.

I visited a local dealer, very nice and helpful but they do not have any pre-owned G30 that I like yet. Test drove couple of basic model 2018 G30s. I totally love how BMW drives, just pure enjoyment. I was told I probably need to wait another year to see more of better equipped G30s show up on their lot. We really can't wait, so I started to look around and found some nice ones at non-dealers. Please see below for a sample.

14,206 miles Driver Assistance Package, Heat Package, Premium Package, Climate Package, Luxury Package, Light Package, Comfort Package, Sound Package, M Sport Package. $41,990

Please excuse me here, the questions I am going to ask probably already been asked many times before.

1. Is this good price? Based on my research, it seems like a good price. $40k is probably a great deal for this fully loaded low milage vehicle. Based on all the packages, what was the original price? $65k?

2. Dark Graphite Metallic, is this the correct color? It seems very light.

3. Will BMW honor its remaining warranty since its not from a dealer?

4. Can I purchase extended warranty from BMW if I bought it from a non BMW dealer? I figure I need this because fully loaded car usually means more problems down the road...

I am planning on a visit in the next couple of days so that I can see this car in person. Hopefully I can test drive it. Are there anything I need to pay close attention to if I get to spend time with this car?

Thank you all in advance. Really appreciate it.

Best
The vehicle in the pic appears to be bluestone metallic. You can also pull the VIN and lookup all details and installed options, as well as the color, on a BMW VIN lookup site.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #8
Welovelegend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I did go in for a test drive. Both salesman and manager are pretty nice and friendly. The white one there looks amazing, but I am not into white. This car drives great, really like new condition. White one looks even newer. Both cars has same build specs. However they not fully loaded as it says on Carguru.com. You probably want to do a VIN check or check dealer's website for more accurate options and packages. There is one thing tho, both this blue and white model were imported from Canada. I did some researches and made some phone calls. All BMW imported from Canada will not carry its original ultimate care package and it is also not eligible to purchase any ultimate maintenance packages in US. Good thing is their warranty is carried over and extended warranty is also available.

Both cars was auctioned back in late 2017 and imported to US later. I called its original dear in CA, no luck. I could not get any detailed information from their service department.

My new question will be does anyone has experience with buying a CA imported BMW? I read about quite a bit of negative comments on the web.
My main concern will be just why it was auctioned. It bugs me that all information go back to CA is a blank.

Thank you all for your advise.

This car's color is bluestone metallic. Thank you, reesch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeeeeByron View Post
Hi

Want to know did you get that one at the end? I also get attracted by their car. I'm following another white one....

Would like to know your shopping experience.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 10:51 PM   #9
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

This is a good site for looking up the VIN
https://www.mdecoder.com/

I would also be concerned that it was auctioned. Dealerships don't auction off the really good cars that they can easily sell. They auction cars with issues, high miles or older cars so they don't have to deal with the problems or customers.
      02-06-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
Welovelegend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thank you, I used this site already to find all the built specs. I will go in again on this Friday to see more docs. Thank you all for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saporitj View Post
This is a good site for looking up the VIN
https://www.mdecoder.com/

I would also be concerned that it was auctioned. Dealerships don't auction off the really good cars that they can easily sell. They auction cars with issues, high miles or older cars so they don't have to deal with the problems or customers.
Appreciate 0