BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Niggle 1: remote 3D view app not in U.K. 8 June, RESOLVED BUT MYSTERIES

05-20-2017, 06:02 AM   #1
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d xDrive SE

Niggle 1: remote 3D view app not in U.K. 8 June, RESOLVED BUT MYSTERIES

Loving my car, but one frustration here.

I have spent some time trying to get working the remote 3D view via the Apple Connected app. Initially thought user-error at work. Now informed by the Connected Drive customer support that the functionality is not yet available in the UK but will be "soon".

Where else is it not working? Any additional insights?

Last edited by Notechy; 06-08-2017 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Update below
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
Dantheman90
Rep
Drives: White 520d G30

I had this same issue, the customer service people will give you different information everytime that you call.

In your cars Connected Drive store you will see a option called remote services package for £60 you will need to purchase this and it will then appear in your app on your mobile.
You will also need to go into your car's privacy settings and tick remote 3d view so that it works.

When you go onto your app and press refresh it may not work and you will only see a picture of a 5 series in a random dealership but it you delete the app from your phone and then reinstall it then it should start to work!

The fact that I had to figure this all out for myself and BMW couldn't advise me over email or the phone was ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #3
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman90 View Post
I had this same issue, the customer service people will give you different information everytime that you call.

In your cars Connected Drive store you will see a option called remote services package for £60 you will need to purchase this and it will then appear in your app on your mobile.
You will also need to go into your car's privacy settings and tick remote 3d view so that it works.

When you go onto your app and press refresh it may not work and you will only see a picture of a 5 series in a random dealership but it you delete the app from your phone and then reinstall it then it should start to work!

The fact that I had to figure this all out for myself and BMW couldn't advise me over email or the phone was ridiculous.
Thank you. Bought the Remote Services. But remote 3d view does not appear as an option in my car's privacy settings. I will reinstall the app to see if that does the trick.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #4
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notechy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman90 View Post

Thank you. Bought the Remote Services. But remote 3d view does not appear as an option in my car's privacy settings. I will reinstall the app to see if that does the trick.
Have you enabled in idrive?

It worked fine on my car.

I also presume you have the park Assist Plus package??
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #5
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Have you enabled in idrive?

It worked fine on my car.

I also presume you have the park Assist Plus package??
I have ordered and done all that is said in these posts- except enabled in idrive because the option does not appear for me. Getting booked in as suspect car software update required - I had one of the very first UK cars.

Thanks for help.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #6
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
I have ordered and done all that is said in these posts- except enabled in idrive because the option does not appear for me. Getting booked in as suspect car software update required - I had one of the very first UK cars.

Thanks for help.
have you updated services in the car via idrive? Do you have the Park Assist Plus Package?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 11:59 AM   #7
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
have you updated services in the car via idrive? Do you have the Park Assist Plus Package?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #8
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Dantheman90 and ajfoggy - please - it is the iPhone on which this is working successfully?
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2017, 07:08 AM   #9
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

"Remote services" insanity

Update

Car spent yesterday with dealer's service department. Upshot: while I bought for £60 the package called "remote services" I need also (or alternatively) the £60 package called "Remote Services Package"! While I cannot see this on the Connected Drive website or iPhone app, it is listed in the Store on my idrive.

I spoke to BMW Customer Services about this today. I await developments, without optimism.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #10
cerbera
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i xdrive M Sport

Just checked my order paperwork, and checked with my dealer...

The options required are 5DN(parking assistant plus) and 6AP ( remote services )
ajfoggy1517.00
      05-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #11
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Update

Car spent yesterday with dealer's service department. Upshot: while I bought for £60 the package called "remote services" I need also (or alternatively) the £60 package called "Remote Services Package"! While I cannot see this on the Connected Drive website or iPhone app, it is listed in the Store on my idrive.

I spoke to BMW Customer Services about this today. I await developments, without optimism.
This is the same as I could see I had bought it with the car yet it still appear to be purchasable on connected-drive website. I was told many, many times not to buy it again and didn't the app was working fine on my iPhone 7+ with latest iOS and app version.

Think that is a red herring on the connected-drive site.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #12
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerbera View Post
Just checked my order paperwork, and checked with my dealer...

The options required are 5DN(parking assistant plus) and 6AP ( remote services )
Yep those are the two I had and it was working fine, it did stop working hence all my conversations with CS but when the app updated at some point it started to work.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 01:08 PM   #13
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks again chaps. I bought, after purchase, the only visible remote services which I assume to be 6ap.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #14
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Working but puzzles remain

When I chased BMW Customer Relations they said dealer will be in touch (why, as they did not supply the Remote Services?) but when pressed insisted that remote 3d not available in U.K. "due to legislation"! They ignored my mention of others with it. I chased the dealer and 24 hours later I received texts and emails from Connected Drive saying that remote 3d is now booked, for 3 years. It then promptly became an option in idrive settings and on iPhone app but did not actually show the correct view unless I reinstalled the app as helpfully advised by Dantheman90.

What a faff! Still do not know who did what to sort and other mysteries remain.

i "Remote Services" are booked indefinitely but this says booked only for 3 years. Why?

ii a separate "Remote Services Package" is still on offer for £60 on my idrive.

iii why does the bmw customer relations person say that not yet available in U.K. due to legislation?

Thanks to all who helped me through this. And good luck to any others!

Last edited by Notechy; 06-08-2017 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 02:58 AM   #15
lasse.rognseth@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530ix

Hello.

I have the 5DN and 6AP. But i don't get the service showing up in my Idrive or on my phone. Does anybody know if there is a way around to get it activated faster? the BMW Poland is saying that it is not available in Poland yet due to legal matter.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 03:02 AM   #16
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Sounds just the same as I have been reporting in U.K. Two approaches to U.K. Customer Relations, reinforced by my dealer joining in, seemed to unblock things and get the missing functionality added as an extra "booked service".

Mine was a very early car, and I bought the Remote Services in late February. Perhaps not then sorted? Were you an early adopter?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #17
lasse.rognseth@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530ix

Hi. i bought the Demo car. and it was used since February.

So it was early production. this is the answer i got from BMW Polska.

Dear Sir/Madam,

thanks for your e-mail.

BMW Polska is working on introducing the service. Unfortunately, we do not know the date of service launch yet.

If you have any questions please sand me a message.

Best regards.

just have to wait and see.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 03:53 AM   #18
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

That is the sort of answer which I kept getting despite pointing to forum members here who said they had it!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 04:44 AM   #19
lnaukkar
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: G30 530e, F40 118i

Same issue here in Finland for my G30 530e. I don't see remote 3Dview in my idrive privacy settings. However, I've got Remote 3D view service ordered in my ConnectedDrive store.

Currently trying to figure it out whats wrong.

I got the remote 3D view button in my mobile app, but trying to activate gets an error every time.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 01:30 AM   #20
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Seems to be working in sweden. Android phone with latest connected drive version.
I get 3d view, but shouldn't it be possible to look at each camera picture in high res as well?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 08:26 AM   #21
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I get only the 3D view on my iPhone
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 05:37 AM   #22
lnaukkar
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: G30 530e, F40 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnaukkar View Post
Same issue here in Finland for my G30 530e. I don't see remote 3Dview in my idrive privacy settings. However, I've got Remote 3D view service ordered in my ConnectedDrive store.

Currently trying to figure it out whats wrong.

I got the remote 3D view button in my mobile app, but trying to activate gets an error every time.
to clarify, my situation is:
- in the web portal and in car's ConnectedDrive menu it says Remote 3D view service purchased and available for 3 years.
- in car's "settings/idrive/privacy" menu there is no "remote 3d View" option available. Afaik there should be one, cars that got it working have one there.
- in the iphone app theres the remote 3d view -button I can select, but it fails at activating car's camera system.
Appreciate 0