BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Not buying this guy's Toyota Corolla dyno results

04-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #45
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
You must be new to the internet. Car-specific forums are a way for owners to share experiences, troubleshooting, tips, information, etc.
Exactly. A new Corolla is a big purchase for some people and it's pretty normal to be enthusiastic about what is the 2nd largest purchase the average person makes after a house. Car enthusiasts come in all shapes, sizes, and earning class.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2020, 08:43 AM   #46
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post

I'm still surprised to have learned of the existence of a corolla forum. Never knew people dyno and mod corollas for performance. Even more surprised OP is part of that club lol
1) The thread I was referring to is on Toyota Nation which covers all models of Toyotas. I'm sure there are other forums specific to the Corolla. Your same attitude used to be prevalent when people started modding Civics.

2) Where did I say I'm part of the Corolla modding club? I only brought this topic up here because there are a bunch of fanboys over there that would blindly believe anything that makes their car seem to be next Focus RS or Golf R32. Wanted a sanity check from more level headed car guys. For your information, I frequent that subforum on Toyota Nation because I have a C-HR as my daily that is built on the same TNGA platform as the current gen Corolla. Much of the information that applies to the Corolla applies to the C-HR.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #47
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Quote:

I'm still surprised to have learned of the existence of a corolla forum. Never knew people dyno and mod corollas for performance. Even more surprised OP is part of that club lol
You must be new to the internet. Car-specific forums are a way for owners to share experiences, troubleshooting, tips, information, etc.
Lol I was being facetious. I also noticed you didn't mention modding and performance for the corolla
      04-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #48
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:

1) The thread I was referring to is on Toyota Nation which covers all models of Toyotas. I'm sure there are other forums specific to the Corolla. Your same attitude used to be prevalent when people started modding Civics.

2) Where did I say I'm part of the Corolla modding club? I only brought this topic up here because there are a bunch of fanboys over there that would blindly believe anything that makes their car seem to be next Focus RS or Golf R32. Wanted a sanity check from more level headed car guys. For your information, I frequent that subforum on Toyota Nation because I have a C-HR as my daily that is built on the same TNGA platform as the current gen Corolla. Much of the information that applies to the Corolla applies to the C-HR.
I'll still never completely understand modding civics and corollas since cost for performance gains is usually not worth it IMO for cars literally designed to be efficient, reliable and utilitarian at a low cost. But I'm all too familiar with the infamous K24 engine Back in the day.

I didn't mean you were part of the badass corolla crew. I meant you were part of the group that was debating dynos on a corolla (on the other forum).
      04-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #49
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
I'll still never completely understand modding civics and corollas since cost for performance gains is usually not worth it IMO for cars literally designed to be efficient, reliable and utilitarian at a low cost. But I'm all too familiar with the infamous K24 engine Back in the day.

I didn't mean you were part of the badass corolla crew. I meant you were part of the group that was debating dynos on a corolla (on the other forum).
I was trying to inject a dose of reality but got sucked in unfortunately.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50