BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board How are you passing time and staying entertained during the pandemic?

03-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #221
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Hahahahaha, no worries. It was 78 and gorgeous today so I get it. There's something about the water that's so peaceful. We rode on some of the back bayous off the river. Random Wednesday for sure. I'll wait for some boat pics from you in a few weeks.
Did you make a trip to the Prop Stop?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 10:05 PM   #222
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Brother-in-Law passed away Saturday morning. Flew out to LAX, saw my wife's family, helped where I could, was back home Sunday afternoon.

Flew Mon-Tues.

"Sort-of-adopted-father-who-I've-known-for-30-years-and-am-more-or-less-a-brother-to-his-two-sons" passed away Tuesday afternoon. I was set to fly to Tuscon Tuesday night to see him and say goodbye. Bag packed headed back to Denver to get on the Tuscon jet when I got the message from my best friend when I landed.

Went to bed last night, woke up today (Wednesday) with a killer headache and sore throat.

Ignored it-- willpower, yeah?

Frantically ran around doing telemedicine and paperwork exercises and submitted to the FAA to keep my Class I medical on the off chance that the doc's get called in and/or sick, or we get Sheltered in Place.

Picked up my wife at the airport (she was coming back from LAX and dealing with her family).

By the time I got home, I felt like I'd been hit by a bus-- terribly cold (even with the heater on 80), shivering, muscle aches, blinding headache, non-swallowable sore throat. But, no fever (as of yet).

Wife got me some hot fud, I made myself a hot drink (cider, honey, booze) and Wife disinfected the entire house, put new sheets on the bed, and I'm now banned from anywhere except the guest bedroom.

With the blanket-hogging cat.

And, she doesn't want me to take anything that might mask the onset of a fever, so I *really* hurt.

I've had a bad week. She's had a worse one. She was NOT prepared for me to get sick so fast on the way home.

Ugh. I see a lot of reading and sleeping in my future-- and calling in Sick for my trip on Friday.

And I had *planned* on cleaning out the garage and moving bikes around to make room for my (if it ever makes it off the boat) M2C for today and tomorrow.

Nope. Bleargh.
Appreciate 7
jmg18658.50
Salty Dog3572.50
King Rudi13154.00
Conissah1576.00
9M711233.50
      03-18-2020, 10:20 PM   #223
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Sucks man, hope it passes quickly without issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 10:24 PM   #224
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Brother-in-Law passed away Saturday morning. Flew out to LAX, saw my wife's family, helped where I could, was back home Sunday afternoon.

Flew Mon-Tues.

"Sort-of-adopted-father-who-I've-known-for-30-years-and-am-more-or-less-a-brother-to-his-two-sons" passed away Tuesday afternoon. I was set to fly to Tuscon Tuesday night to see him and say goodbye. Bag packed headed back to Denver to get on the Tuscon jet when I got the message from my best friend when I landed.

Went to bed last night, woke up today (Wednesday) with a killer headache and sore throat.

Frantically ran around doing telemedicine and paperwork exercises and submitted to the FAA to keep my Class I medical on the off chance that the doc's get called in and/or sick, or we get Sheltered in Place.

Picked up my wife at the airport (she was coming back from LAX and dealing with her family).

By the time I got home, I felt like I'd been hit by a bus-- terribly cold (even with the heater on 80), shivering, muscle aches, blinding headache, non-swallowable sore throat. But, no fever (as of yet).

Wife got me some hot fud, I made myself a hot drink (cider, honey, booze) and Wife disinfected the entire house, put new sheets on the bed, and I'm now banned from anywhere except the guest bedroom.

And, she doesn't want me to take anything that might mask the onset of a fever, so I *really* hurt.

I've had a bad week. She's had a worse one. She was NOT prepared for me to get sick so fast on the way home.

Ugh. I see a lot of reading and sleeping in my future-- and calling in Sick for my trip on Friday.

And I had *planned* on cleaning out the garage and moving bikes around to make room for my (if it ever makes it off the boat) M2C for today and tomorrow.

Nope. Bleargh.
Hope you feel better and terribly sorry about your losses.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 10:28 PM   #225
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

That’s a tough week. It’ll get better. Hang in there.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 10:32 PM   #226
Lenny_RDM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Wow only I have to work damnnnn:/
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 10:45 PM   #227
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Nope, we are open longer hours now.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 03:51 AM   #228
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

I work.

It passes time.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 04:38 AM   #229
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:

Flew Mon-Tues.

Nope. Bleargh.
Hope you get well soon. I've read not to take ibuprofen aka Advil but Tylenol instead.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      03-19-2020, 07:21 AM   #230
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:

Flew Mon-Tues.

Nope. Bleargh.
You're having a really bad week, I feel for you. Take care of yourself and your family. This will pass, and we will all be stronger for it on the other side.

Peace.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #231
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

Flew Mon-Tues.

Nope. Bleargh.
That's a rough week right there. Feel better soon.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      03-19-2020, 09:16 AM   #232
wpTXX5
Rep
Drives: XDrive 35i

Today I am dropping the X5 off to get repaired after some a-hole rear ended me pretty hard this morning. I will say this vehicle is pretty stout and protected me well. The igniter head rest deployed and prevented possible neck pain.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
      03-19-2020, 09:21 AM   #233
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Hahahahaha, no worries. It was 78 and gorgeous today so I get it. There's something about the water that's so peaceful. We rode on some of the back bayous off the river. Random Wednesday for sure. I'll wait for some boat pics from you in a few weeks.
Did you make a trip to the Prop Stop?
Nah, it's not open yet. The worm buckets have gone to shit over the years. Not as good as they used to be. We just took a boat ride down the Diversion Canal and one of the canals off. It was such a pretty night & so nice to just take a break.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      03-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #234
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Im still working at a dealership. Not really a fan of being here, its not a high risk city at the moment but its about to see a spike since a huge factory just confirmed some cases.

My manager seems to think laying us off and claiming EI is bad and only hurts us, and we shouldn't lay anyone off till we're all sick. "Its not like we work with the community" except we do have to get into everyones nasty cars.

My current process is get to work, use hand sanitizer, moisturizer and then gloves.
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 12:28 PM   #235
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I'll bet the Webers sound like a gospel choir in this cool air. Hope she's sound and ready for duty.
Yep - she is, but I'll take her in for a full service soon to be sure.

About to head out to get my hair cut with that symphony behind me!
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #236
PURE340i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i & 2011 335d

I'm a Diesel Technician and part of a essential business so no matter what happens in Los Angeles we still need to work our usual 40 hours a week since freight cant stop moving.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 01:07 PM   #237
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Finally giving in to my car's request of a oil change so I can kill some time. $29.99+tax for a generic inspection, oil+filter change didn't sound too horrible
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #238
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I've read not to take ibuprofen aka Advil but Tylenol instead.
enlighten us
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #239
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Rmtt8208.00
vreihen1615140.50
Salty Dog3572.50
      03-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #240
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post

That's fantastic!!! At my townhouse, one of my wifi names was ATF_TN_REMOTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
AWESOME!!

Renaming my wifi network tonight. Any suggestions?
Currently my network is still "Pretty_fly_for_a_Wi-Fi"

But thinking about changing it to "Tell_my_wifi_love_her"

My neighbour (who I get along with extremely well, very much like me, except more social) has variations of surveillance van as his ID.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Salty Dog3572.50
      03-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #241
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Currently my network is still "Pretty_fly_for_a_Wi-Fi"

But thinking about changing it to "Tell_my_wifi_love_her"

My neighbour (who I get along with extremely well, very much like me, except more social) has variations of surveillance van as his ID.
There's one in my building called "MissAnneThrope"
      03-19-2020, 02:06 PM   #242
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
There's one in my building called "MissAnneThrope"
That's....awesome!

I couldn't use it though - wouldn't feel right as its not really me aside from the distrusting humanity part and would send the wrong message. But I do like it.
Appreciate 1