BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding auto start stop disable with 2021 540i

03-17-2024, 01:51 AM   #1
zefiroj
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Question auto start stop disable with 2021 540i

Joining the G30 family with a 2021 540i. Got a few questions about coding:
It seems like documentation is kinda sparse, or I'm not looking in the right places and using the right words.
I'm trying to disable auto start stop. I used E-Sys with BimmerUtility, and it only had the auto start stop memory option, and not the default which is what I see on the forum posts.
So I tried the memory option anyways but that apparently tripped a regenerative braking code, so I reverted the memory option to disabled, and that tripped a cross traffic monitoring thing.
I cleared the fault codes with ISTA and now I'm back to where I started.
Any advice as to how to navigate the E-Sys menus and finding the right things? Where should I look for things that are possible to code, and the relevant keys and values to change?
Some more questions:
I couldn't find any settings for fake engine noises. Is that not a thing on this model?
When browsing through the menus of BimmerUtility, there's Driving Assistance Pro, I wonder if that can be coded in.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 05:28 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I’m not an expert on coding but if you look through the forums here , you’ll see that bmw pushed out a change with I think it was the 2023/3 update(have I got that right) that stopped people coding ass on or off. People were gettting round it by coding the default mode to start in ie sport individual that would included ass off
So question for you would be what software level are you on as that will have an impact on whether you can actually do this or not

Definitely have a search through these forums not just for the 5 but other models as it’s been discussed many times

I can’t help you more than that but hopefully that’s something to think about
Appreciate 0