BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Watches Cool Discovery at a Sane Price -- Alpina

12-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Cool Discovery at a Sane Price -- Alpina

Alpina offers a manufacture watch that's quite cool looking and well priced for a watch having in-house guts. It's something of the sport watch analogue to Frederique Constant's Maxime line that is also in-house. It's what I like to call "accessible luxury." ($2100 - $2800)

I like these watches because they fall into that "nebulous zone" where many watches often cost more, but don't offer much other than ETA or another purchased-in movement inside and a recognizable name brand. It's good to find something else that hits a sane price point while still offering the cache of being in-house. This is one of the few watches I'd pay $2.5K for and not feel ripped off for having done so instead of stepping up to $4000 and buying an Omega co-axial or entry level Rolex instead.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0