BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Stuck in Quality Check

08-05-2021, 02:39 PM   #45
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M Sport / '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSNOW View Post
If you believe that, I sure there is someone in Kansas with a nice Pacific and Atlantic ocean front property for you.
I'm sorry, I'm just so depressed now..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #46
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BWM 530E

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
You know what that means, your car will never have any issues - she's a keeper!
Or does it mean that it's a lemon?

It may also be that I never seen it in "Exterior body assembly begins", it went from "Production Begins" to "In the paint both" so maybe there is no exterior body and the paint isn't enough.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:51 PM   #47
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It may also be that I never seen it in "Exterior body assembly begins", it went from "Production Begins" to "In the paint both" so maybe there is no exterior body and the paint isn't enough.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 03:11 PM   #48
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:

You, my friend, will be the first G30 without doors but with massage seats function!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 03:51 PM   #49
Lanc1988
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

No changes for me yet. My 21 M550 has been in Quality Check since 6/17.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 07:59 PM   #50
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc1988 View Post
Have you talked with your CA?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #51
Lanc1988
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Quote:
About a week ago I asked if he knew the cause of the delay and he said:

"Hey Lance! I sent a email to my distribution manager on Wednesday of last week. He ended up getting back to my on Friday, and said your car, along with a handful of other cars are stopped in quality control. He said he does not know why, but others are experiencing the same issue with hold time. He said it should be up and going within a week."

I'll probably follow up again on Monday if there's still no change.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 10:37 PM   #52
BD550
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i Tanzanite Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Hey Lance! I sent a email to my distribution manager on Wednesday of last week. He ended up getting back to my on Friday, and said your car, along with a handful of other cars are stopped in quality control. He said he does not know why, but others are experiencing the same issue with hold time. He said it should be up and going within a week."

It seems to me that anyone who has a 2021 on order but still in the fsctory, especially if it's a purchase and not a lease, should just cancel and get a 2022. Something is really messed up with those final 2021s and the 2022s are just rolling past them. Maybe a 2022 adds a few weeks, maybe not. I ordered my 2022 on June 9 and expect it at the dealership within a week or two.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 10:45 PM   #53
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5er

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD550 View Post
It seems to me that anyone who has a 2021 on order but still in the fsctory, especially if it's a purchase and not a lease, should just cancel and get a 2022. Something is really messed up with those final 2021s and the 2022s are just rolling past them. Maybe a 2022 adds a few weeks, maybe not. I ordered my 2022 on June 9 and expect it at the dealership within a week or two.
Some people got some discounts off MSRP on their 21s, though. If they're not in a hurry, they may see the 3-4K discount as worth it.

Otherwise, I agree. I'd even be asking 10% off a MY21 at this point. Let them laugh me out the dealership but it's pretty crappy for whoever at BMW handles this stuff to let 22s slip by and have 21s stuck in limbo.

I posted this before but I'll mention it again. There is an unsold MY22 M550i at Otto BMW in PA. In the showroom and with recent pictures. It got in some time last week. A 22 got in to a dealership before the end of July and before some people even had production started on their MY21s. Or their 21s were at port when production began on said MY22, back in early July.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 11:10 PM   #54
Lanc1988
Rep

Yeah, So for my m550 it is a lease and I got over 10% off msrp. I don't think a 22 could match that so I'm willing to wait it out a little longer.

Im assuming the delay is because they are waiting on some part so My main concern is that I wait all this time and they end up cutting some big options or something that I don't find out about until close to delivery. Not sure what I'll do in that situation.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 11:39 PM   #55
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, So for my m550 it is a lease and I got over 10% off msrp. I don't think a 22 could match that so I'm willing to wait it out a little longer.

Im assuming the delay is because they are waiting on some part so My main concern is that I wait all this time and they end up cutting some big options or something that I don't find out about until close to delivery. Not sure what I'll do in that situation.
You ask for a further discount. And not just the credit for the omitted feature. Waiting this long and getting a discount only to have more features removed? I'd walk or look for a steeper discount.

It's not like someone is going to come and pay MSRP for a 21 when there's a 22 on the lot, or available to order.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 06:15 AM   #56
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Getting a bigger discount is not an excuse to be treated this way. It's as if they WANT you to cancel. That's like using a coupon at a grocery store for a 24 pack of water only to find out that you received 20 when you got home. That's not an incentive then - you paid less for an inferior product (service.) You are not asking for a free car. It's not acceptable that 22s are being delivered for months while your 21 is stuck.

Maybe I'm more passionate than others in this case but I'd definitely pull a "Karen."
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 07:00 AM   #57
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hmm.. I’m really doubting what your CA have said because the factory is closed for a month..
They’re on vacation.
Please let us know with an update
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 07:23 AM   #58
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hmm.. I’m really doubting what your CA have said because the factory is closed for a month..
They’re on vacation.
Please let us know with an update
Can you comfirm where you got this from? They don't close every year and BMW genius confirmed the factories are working in August.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 07:31 AM   #59
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can you comfirm where you got this from? They don't close every year and BMW genius confirmed the factories are working in August.
I’m sorry for being vague by just saying closed.
According to many people and forums, not just the BMW factory but Germany as a whole go on a vacation for the majority of August.
Thus the factory “closes” but of course, I don’t think they completely shut it down but maybe slow it down?
I’m not sure how they’ll operate with less or no people.

Last edited by StarrySky; 08-06-2021 at 07:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 07:33 AM   #60
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

You guys are right but really unsure of what to do..
I wanted to cancel at certain days but just as Lance I have a great deal and I’m looking to get a greater deal for this ordeal.
I need a new car and have looked elsewhere for different options but because of the insane car prices at the moment, it’s difficult.
Also this marathon of a wait, this whole entire year, would’ve been for naught.
Sigh.. we need Jesus, Buddha a savior

Last edited by StarrySky; 08-06-2021 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 07:52 AM   #61
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Trying looking up your VIN here:

http://https://www.mdecoder.com

It’ll show your cars spec and I’m assuming whatever is on there must be on the car because it did finish assembly
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 08:22 AM   #62
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I’m sorry for being vague by just saying closed.
According to many people and forums, not just the BMW factory but Germany as a whole go on a vacation for the majority of August.
Thus the factory “closes” but of course, I don’t think they completely shut it down but maybe slow it down?
I’m not sure how they’ll operate with less or no people.
Yeah, I know that in many instances they close or limit production in August. I work for a German company and typically they go on vacation during this month. However, there have been years when they didn't close. Especially with COVID, many of the workers have had quite a bit of time off so I'd be surprised if they totally shut down production this year for vacations given how restritced it is in Europe right now to travel.

Just wanted to confirm if you heard this officially somewhere or if forum members were posting based on prior years where it typically does occur (but not always.)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 01:51 PM   #63
Lanc1988
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Trying looking up your VIN here:

http://https://www.mdecoder.com

It’ll show your cars spec and I’m assuming whatever is on there must be on the car because it did finish assembly
I looked my VIN up and it looks like everything is there.
I didn't see something about the 360 cameras but I think that might be listed as:

S5DN Parking Assistance System Plus
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 04:37 PM   #64
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
I looked my VIN up and it looks like everything is there.
I didn't see something about the 360 cameras but I think that might be listed as:

S5DN Parking Assistance System Plus

That sounds right. The Surround View is part of the package and not standard. The only thing standard involving cameras it the basic, backup camera, because that is required by law on every new car in the US.

I don't think the VIN Decoder will help warn you of a stop sale due to parts shortage because it will still have all the features listed that you ordered as your car ships. People are getting held up at US port locations due to missing parts and are waiting on retrofits. Which means they may not remove the parking package from the build and instead ship the car and hope to retrofit it soon so that they can finally sell it. And if they get a backup camera but not the other cameras that do the surround view for the parking package, they may decide to credit you for the missing cameras from the parking package and still sell you the car. Therefore, the VIN would show the parking package being included since BMW is expecting to retrofit the part as it becomes available.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 06:21 AM   #65
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I know that in many instances they close or limit production in August. I work for a German company and typically they go on vacation during this month. However, there have been years when they didn't close. Especially with COVID, many of the workers have had quite a bit of time off so I'd be surprised if they totally shut down production this year for vacations given how restritced it is in Europe right now to travel.

Just wanted to confirm if you heard this officially somewhere or if forum members were posting based on prior years where it typically does occur (but not always.)
Thanks for the clarification, I would rather have them not close so they can get our cars moving.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 06:57 PM   #66
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Just learned BMW is prioritizing MY22s over any unfinished MY21s that were produced after June 9.
There are handful of them and are already fully built but are just in need of microchips to finish, but it’s going to MY22s.
They’re allocating all resources to MY22s pretty much screwing over any MY21s that are on the sideline.
Appreciate 0