BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Switching between car play and BMW Idrive

01-26-2023, 10:34 PM   #23
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjones44us View Post
I accomplish the arrangement the OP asked about by using BMW nav for the killer HUD integration, then just turn waze on as I drive, but without a route programmed into wayz. I still get warned for hazards and police. ...
I agree and love the BMW HUD integration for turn-by-turn navigation. If you're an Android user though, consider JBV1 or Highway Radar instead of Waze. They are more effective at avoiding "unwanted interruptions" in your travel.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 03:17 PM   #24
mffarrell
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i Porsche 911 turbo

If I am in CarPlay and want to switch to Sirius, either with the media button or the steering wheel, it won’t switch unless I push the button numerous times. Once it does switch to Sirius, the CarPlay screen is still present, but Sirius audio is playing. If I push the media switch again the Sirius screen appears.

This anomaly is also present with other media devices like FM, AM and so on.

Is this normal operation for a 2020 M550i with 07/20 software?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0