BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Mexican GP - Mexico City (Oct 27)

10-19-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

F1 2019: Mexican GP - Mexico City (Oct 27)

was a fun race last year and the general energy of the track is quite nice really.. not sure Red Bull guys can be strong here this year but i hope they can to spice things up..

video needs to be watched on Youtube..

10-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

The high altitude of the Hermanos Rodrigues circuit may have a different outcome this time around as to last time out.Merc are not expected to be so quick and Max has said he is not expecting to win any more of the remaining races...I hope he's sandbagging!
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
The high altitude of the Hermanos Rodrigues circuit may have a different outcome this time around as to last time out.Merc are not expected to be so quick and Max has said he is not expecting to win any more of the remaining races...I hope he's sandbagging!

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      10-19-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

The ball is definitely in RB's court,Max is there only RB needs to add the necessary to the motor.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The ball is definitely in RB's court,Max is there only RB needs to add the necessary to the motor.
Absolutely ! That's for sure ....
This week I heard some inside information . Horner and Dr. Helmut Marco are chicken to lose MAX . Fact is Red Bull is really afraid , and HONDA even more...
Where would RB be ? Without MAX ?

HONDA invested $200 million on top for their development budget , to close the gap ASAP .
Knowing that Ferrari is running with +/- 80 HP more for the moment with their latest Jet-Mode ...
That's why RB bought MAX all over again with X more $ as for his 2020 contract .
In other words .The clock is ticking ...

=> https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661819
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 10-19-2019 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      10-19-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely ! That's for sure ....
This week I heard some inside information . Horner and Dr. Helmut Marco are chicken to lose MAX . Fact is Red Bull is really afraid , and HONDA even more...
Where would RB be ? Without MAX ?

HONDA invested $200 million on top for their development budget , to close the gap ASAP .
Knowing that Ferrari is running with +/- 80 HP more for the moment with their latest Jet-Mode ...
That's why RB bought MAX all over again with X more $ as for his 2020 contract .
In other words .The clock is ticking ...

=> https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661819
Adrian Newey has done a stellar job providing the magic touch to the aero, all that's needed now is a more stronger evolution engine.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #7
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Looks like teams have figured out how Ferrari is getting it's engine power advantage. Via the intercooler and a controlled leak of oil into the combustion process. Teams have asked for clarification of the rules, so they can moved forward with similar development.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #8
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Looks like teams have figured out how Ferrari is getting it's engine power advantage. Via the intercooler and a controlled leak of oil into the combustion process. Teams have asked for clarification of the rules, so they can moved forward with similar development.
Negative. It's not controlled.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #9
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Negative. It's not controlled.
Seeing the power advantage is there during quali and not race stints. That would lead one to believe it is controlled.

I guess the question will be the definition of "inadvertently" leak. I expect to see other teams employing same advantage next year.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 10:09 PM   #10
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That would be difficult as it's top secret how they do it, only FIA know how.
Negative. The other teams just want to know if they can also “inadvertently” release fuel into the combustion process. It isn’t rocket science. Teams have been trying to get away with burning oil in past, rules have clamped down on it. Now there seems to be a new loophole in the rules.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #11
Fender150
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

This actually happens with whatever turbocharged engines sometimes, finding some oil in the intercooler. Piece of cake for f1 engineers
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 03:40 AM   #12
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Negative. The other teams just want to know if they can also “inadvertently” release fuel into the combustion process. It isn’t rocket science. Teams have been trying to get away with burning oil in past, rules have clamped down on it. Now there seems to be a new loophole in the rules.
F1 is partly about loopholes, why has Merc been so dominant for such a long time.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 07:06 AM   #13
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

actually i dont understand that inadvertently wording there that much.. cause with top-notch engineered engines and electronics they can keep on eye on every part of the engine almost especially the liquids.. few years ago teams were allowed to burn 4-5L oil during a race.. now its much much less like 0.5L a race or something.. yes that one was intentional.. now flow rate is limited also.. for Ferrari's case, Ferrari had another tank of oil placed in the car in the past.. but sometimes defenses and accepting part from FIA can be a bit funny.. so they re burning oil by a mistake and no one was trying to avoid it during race in Ferrari? of course not.. yeah a loophole..

i believe FIA didnt do anything for not hurting the competition recently Ferrari performs.. im not sure same d be ok keep doing reaction from FIA to Merc or Red Bull guys.. FIA is going easy with Vettel after Canada.. i dont see Vettel as a victim or guilty in that case.. but after that i feel like FIA is going easy on Vettel in favor of fans.. cause the start of Suzuka, he moved like 30cm at least and actually he was still moving before the lights out.. rule says,

a) Moved before the start signal is given, such judgement being made by an FIA approved
and supplied transponder fitted to each car, or ;
b) Positioned his car on the starting grid in such a way that the transponder is unable to
detect the moment at which the car first moved from its grid position after the start
signal is given.

car clearly moved, and FIA says it was so small that transponder didnt react.. sure those transponders detects 0.001 on each lap probably more in any given time but couldnt detect 30cm of movement while all cars were stationary.. and car wasnt even creeping Vettel's helmet shakes it was a clear move.. some might say he didnt leave the grid pocket.. he was at the yellow line that drivers take reference and he passed it after moving.. and he was still moving right at the time that considering a perfect launch timing.. and it happen right in front of Masi the racing director.. anyone d like to see it again in details can see it from F1TV..

to sum up.. i believe this "unintentional" oil consumption or Vettel's start at Suzuka is for trying to break Merc's dominance.. i prefer to hear something like this instead of funny statements.. why no statement from FIA says ok, fix it till next race? if 30cm moving is allowed during red lights at the start.. teams should make systems to move the cars precisely that much in tight grid races like Monaco or something.. there comes another loophole then..
      10-20-2019, 09:03 AM   #14
Fender150
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

True, it got boring for many fans watching merc win every race
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #15
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

So what race does Lewis lock up the title? He could do it this weekend if Bottas has a bad race. USGP most likely.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #16
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I see some Ferrari fanboys have crawled out of their holes.
Funny how they didn't post first half of season.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:35 AM   #17
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
actually i dont understand that inadvertently wording there that much.. cause with top-notch engineered engines and electronics they can keep on eye on every part of the engine almost especially the liquids.. few years ago teams were allowed to burn 4-5L oil during a race.. now its much much less like 0.5L a race or something.. yes that one was intentional.. now flow rate is limited also.. for Ferrari's case, Ferrari had another tank of oil placed in the car in the past.. but sometimes defenses and accepting part from FIA can be a bit funny.. so they re burning oil by a mistake and no one was trying to avoid it during race in Ferrari? of course not.. yeah a loophole..

i believe FIA didnt do anything for not hurting the competition recently Ferrari performs.. im not sure same d be ok keep doing reaction from FIA to Merc or Red Bull guys.. FIA is going easy with Vettel after Canada.. i dont see Vettel as a victim or guilty in that case.. but after that i feel like FIA is going easy on Vettel in favor of fans.. cause the start of Suzuka, he moved like 30cm at least and actually he was still moving before the lights out.. rule says,

a) Moved before the start signal is given, such judgement being made by an FIA approved
and supplied transponder fitted to each car, or ;
b) Positioned his car on the starting grid in such a way that the transponder is unable to
detect the moment at which the car first moved from its grid position after the start
signal is given.

car clearly moved, and FIA says it was so small that transponder didnt react.. sure those transponders detects 0.001 on each lap probably more in any given time but couldnt detect 30cm of movement while all cars were stationary.. and car wasnt even creeping Vettel's helmet shakes it was a clear move.. some might say he didnt leave the grid pocket.. he was at the yellow line that drivers take reference and he passed it after moving.. and he was still moving right at the time that considering a perfect launch timing.. and it happen right in front of Masi the racing director.. anyone d like to see it again in details can see it from F1TV..

to sum up.. i believe this "unintentional" oil consumption or Vettel's start at Suzuka is for trying to break Merc's dominance.. i prefer to hear something like this instead of funny statements.. why no statement from FIA says ok, fix it till next race? if 30cm moving is allowed during red lights at the start.. teams should make systems to move the cars precisely that much in tight grid races like Monaco or something.. there comes another loophole then..

I'm gonna start selling you guys tin foil hats and bank on all those conspiracy theories 😂
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 03:02 PM   #18
M5Rick
General
Rep

Renault stripped of Suzuka 7th and 9th places

Doesn't get any better for them, Ricciardo and Hulk lose their points because of illegal driver aid based on the brake bias activation.Renault may appeal.
*6th and 9th places.

Last edited by M5Rick; 10-23-2019 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 03:36 PM   #19
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Doesn't get any better for them, Ricciardo and Hulk lose their points because of illegal driver aid based on the brake bias activation.Renault may appeal.
*6th and 9th places.
Too bad . Because the Renault engine runs outstanding in the high Mexican altitude air.
That's why MAX won in 2017/18 with the Renault engine in Mexico .
From the latest from MAX (today) he said In Mexico is also lack of downforce by the air it's causing lack of grip . Cars need to run with max. downforce settings.
The Renault engine from last year had a better center of gravity . That's why the RB/chassis was better last year .
I'm pretty sure the RB-Honda will get in trouble .And driver skills really matter at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez ...

As for me...I can't wait to see MAX back in action !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      10-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #20
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Too bad . Because the Renault engine runs outstanding in the high Mexican altitude air.
That's why MAX won in 2017/18 with the Renault engine in Mexico .
From the latest from MAX (today) he said In Mexico is also lack of downforce by the air it's causing lack of grip . Cars need to run with max. downforce settings.
The Renault engine from last year had a better center of gravity . That's why the RB/chassis was better last year .
I'm pretty sure the RB-Honda will get in trouble .And driver skills really matter at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez ...

As for me...I can't wait to see MAX back in action !
I hope not but this centre of gravity being out of sync from last year is a shame and it goes with what Max has said about getting just a podium.
A hatrick of wins in Mexico would add to an impressive tally for Max.
Appreciate 2
EdM53852.50
      10-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #21
M5Rick
General
Rep

Renault won't be bothering to appeal against the disqualification.. what on earth made them do that. The boss should have cleared it with FIA first to stay safe.
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #22
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I hope not but this centre of gravity being out of sync from last year is a shame and it goes with what Max has said about getting just a podium.
A hatrick of wins in Mexico would add to an impressive tally for Max.
The making of strawberry juice for MAX in Mexico
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50