BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Uwe Alzen 'Ring "Hellride"...

05-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow Uwe Alzen 'Ring "Hellride"...

(in German - sorry)...

Appreciate 2
      05-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
Great Video! Thx for sharing
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

for a cool old video...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 04:39 PM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

So here they obviously also drive the f1 part of the track, but if I look at where/when they get onto the nordschleife, and when they get off, a nordschleife lap time (full lap, not btg) would be around 6:40. Is that correct?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 05:26 AM   #5
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So here they obviously also drive the f1 part of the track, but if I look at where/when they get onto the nordschleife, and when they get off, a nordschleife lap time (full lap, not btg) would be around 6:40. Is that correct?
GuidoK, In a GT3 spec car like the one that Uwe Alzen (BMW Z4 GT3) was driving, on a clear track, it is possible. A normal car, driven by a normal person like you and me would be very hard pressed to achieve that kind of lap time around the Nordschleife. Some have had some incredible BTG times like the Schirmer cars (who also drive competitively in the VLN series) have been able to get under the 7:00 minute mark in seriously track prepped cars.

All lap times are literally made by professional drivers. So a full 'ring lap from a person like you and me, would never achieve a complete lap time of under 7 minutes in dry conditions. Even if you have driven the Nurburgring extensively.
Dackelone10511.00
      11-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
GuidoK, In a GT3 spec car like the one that Uwe Alzen (BMW Z4 GT3) was driving, on a clear track, it is possible. A normal car, driven by a normal person like you and me would be very hard pressed to achieve that kind of lap time around the Nordschleife. Some have had some incredible BTG times like the Schirmer cars (who also drive competitively in the VLN series) have been able to get under the 7:00 minute mark in seriously track prepped cars.

All lap times are literally made by professional drivers. So a full 'ring lap from a person like you and me, would never achieve a complete lap time of under 7 minutes in dry conditions. Even if you have driven the Nurburgring extensively.
Yes I understand all that but it doesnt answer my question.
My question was if that lap, judging on the footage would approximate a 6:40 full (nordschleife) lap, or maybe more or maybe less (my timing might be off)
Thats all I wanted to know, how fast a lap record in a gt3 car would be without the F1 circuit part driven.

What I also dont understand, is this a qualifying lap or an in race lap?
From what he tells its a qualifying lap, but in the comment it says: "die schnellste Runde, die je im Rahmen des 24h-Rennens gefahren wurde" (fastest lap within a 24 hour race to my understanding). Judging by the amount of traffic it looks to me like a qualifying session.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-27-2016 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Low seven minute lap BtG for a GT3...

Quote:
....all I wanted to know, how fast a lap record in a gt3 car would be without the F1 circuit part driven.
991.2 ?

A 991 GT3 RS does 7:27 lap
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife

I would think a 991.2 GT3 RS would be slightly faster like in the video bellow.

Also....

Stefan Bellof holds the Nordschleife track record 6:11.13 in a Porsche 956 in 1983!!

a Porsche 918 driven by has a record lap of 6:57 Nordschleife Bridge to Gantry(BtG).

a more mortal driver... Porsche 991 GT3 Fast Lap 7.14 BtG

Wiki List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eife_lap_times
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #8
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes I understand all that but it doesnt answer my question.
My question was if that lap, judging on the footage would approximate a 6:40 full (nordschleife) lap, or maybe more or maybe less (my timing might be off)
Thats all I wanted to know, how fast a lap record in a gt3 car would be without the F1 circuit part driven.

What I also dont understand, is this a qualifying lap or an in race lap?
From what he tells its a qualifying lap, but in the comment it says: "die schnellste Runde, die je im Rahmen des 24h-Rennens gefahren wurde" (fastest lap within a 24 hour race to my understanding). Judging by the amount of traffic it looks to me like a qualifying session.
I think that is either a practice lap or a qualifying lap. The reason I say that is because there are no other cars on the track until you see one far away on the Dottinger Hohe straight. I timed the lap from the point he came on the nordschleife and to the T1/T13 entrance onto the GP entrance and had a 6:38 so if he would had made the right, it would have been a 6:40 lap.

I think that Alzen did have one of the fastest qualifying laps. Strangely enough, the top lap according to what I found on Wikipedia, shows an Audi R8 LMS Ultra as making the fastest qualifying lap that year (2013)

Apologies for not understanding your question the first time.

Dackelone, That 6:57 Porsche 918 run is the FULL Nordschleife. Not a BTG run. They currently hold the production car record.
Dackelone10511.00
      11-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #9
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
991.2 ?

A 991 GT3 RS does 7:27 lap
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife

I would think a 991.2 GT3 RS would be slightly faster like in the video bellow.
I ment a group gt3 spec race class lap.
So the z4 gt3 (from the video you posted), not a porsche 911 gt3 road car.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I ment a group gt3 spec race class lap.
So the z4 gt3 (from the video you posted), not a porsche 911 gt3 road car.
Those cars turned an eight minute lap(GP and Nordschleife sections).

look at the chart for: 2002-present Combined variants (VLN & 24h) (toward the end)...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._times_(racing)
Appreciate 1
Elsabor67301.00