BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions screen swap

12-17-2023, 11:04 PM   #1
Sxs1687
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

screen swap

Dare I ask if anyone has done a swap like this before? I went down a rabbit hole of android auto videos for the earlier G30s that only have car play. I can't bring myself to changing over to iPhone, don't think I ever will. Im perfectly fine not having android auto in the car, but if I could for just a few hundy, why not?!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 06:58 AM   #2
BMWKLG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxs1687 View Post
Dare I ask if anyone has done a swap like this before? I went down a rabbit hole of android auto videos for the earlier G30s that only have car play. I can't bring myself to changing over to iPhone, don't think I ever will. Im perfectly fine not having android auto in the car, but if I could for just a few hundy, why [...]
I haven't done a screen swap but the link to AliBaba shows a 10.25" screen which I thought all pre-LCI versions had already.

I'm curious to know if the screen gives you CarPlay/ Android Auto capabilities or if it's the software that needs updating.
Appreciate 0