BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography A focus question...

07-20-2017, 09:20 AM   #23
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90c4 View Post
In addition to the proper focus mode, give back button focusing a try. I use AE-Servo for all of my shooting and release the back button when I want to lock the focus on a non-moving subject. Servo works well not only for tracking motion of subjects, but if you're shooting wide open at close focal distance, it helps with you're own movement as well.
I shoot mostly in AI-Servo mode (Canon) because I'm shooting wildlife and birds in flight. For stationary subjects, I switch to One-Shot mode. I use the shutter button for AF stop and start and the back button for AF-lock, if I want to lock focus and recompose. However, my preferred method, is to stick with shutter button and steer the AF point with the joy-stick.

Dave
      08-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #24
rouxeny
Living the aloha
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Servo focus is not helping. Camera will continually change focus as you move it. Back button focus may help.

Also, if you find you're shooting at maximum aperture, the DOF may be so narrow that if your focus is not exactly where you intended, the shot will look OOF.
Appreciate 1
P111541.50