BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding TCB Replaced with second hand, need to code vin..

05-04-2023, 01:59 PM   #1
Pontus BMW
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D xDrive 2018

TCB Replaced with second hand, need to code vin..

Hello guys!

My TCB unit was fried due to water ingress from the shark fin.. bought a second hand and as I understand it’s possible to recode the VIN in that unit to match with my car. Searched the web for quite a while but my question remain..

How do I re-code the VIN of a module? What programs do I need?

Would be amazing if anyone could guide me in the right direction.

Best regards
Pontus
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 01:26 PM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

If you want to code the vin use esys to code it. But the TCB online service wont function since the internal sim is registered to original car. You can use emulator.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2024, 02:49 AM   #3
Pontus BMW
Rep

Hey,

Do you have a link to some instructions/video guide on how to both use E-sys and that (what) emulator in order to change VIN? Been looking for quite some time but unable to find good step by step on how to do what I want.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 05:52 PM   #4
Raslin777
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i Xdrive

The new sim needs to be programmed by the dealership. The vin is easy with protool. But online services won't work till the sim is programmed by the dealership. I bought one and everything was fine until my connected services stopped working. Then I put the old one back in until I can get to the dealership.

I never used a emulator(never heard of it) but I would be interested in how it works.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 01:19 PM   #5
Pontus BMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raslin777 View Post
The new sim needs to be programmed by the dealership. The vin is easy with protool. But online services won't work till the sim is programmed by the dealership. I bought one and everything was fine until my connected services stopped working. Then I put the old one back in until I can get to the dealership.

I never used a emulator(never heard of it) but I would be interested in how it works.

Ah ok, I understand. The only thing I don’t follow 100% is if the dealer can program the second hand module to activate the sim or if the second hand module will always be dead in terms of online service?

Buying a new module is 15k Swedish (roughly 1.5k euro) so trying to avoid that…

Thank you for support!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 03:06 PM   #6
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus BMW View Post
Ah ok, I understand. The only thing I don’t follow 100% is if the dealer can program the second hand module to activate the sim or if the second hand module will always be dead in terms of online service?

Buying a new module is 15k Swedish (roughly 1.5k euro) so trying to avoid that…

Thank you for support!
New telematic is about 670 Euro so don`t know where you ask for. You can`t code second hand telematic with your vin and dealer will not do it for you also.