Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Dope

Do we owe Russians an apology ?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/14...rs-doping.html
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #2
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Fuck that. We don't apologize to the Russians. You liberals.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

I'm not surprised it's just normal in the sports world .
We are human but some can do more ...and that's not normal !
It's in every sport and I always knew it .
They also use mask medications to camouflage the real stuff in their blood .
It is/was not only Lance

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

uh no because they followed the system.... Sharapova was even told that if she had just followed the proper protocols, then she wouldnt have been suspended and she admitted she forgot about it.

you may need to read up on what was going on in russia regarding doping. Its a lot more than 3 athletes getting medical clearance to take a drug.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
uh no because they followed the system.... Sharapova was even told that if she had just followed the proper protocols, then she wouldnt have been suspended and she admitted she forgot about it.

you may need to read up on what was going on in russia regarding doping. Its a lot more than 3 athletes getting medical clearance to take a drug.
The Russians had a hole in the dope-wall !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #6
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Russians had a hole in the dope-wall !
They do glory holes wrong
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2016, 06:31 PM   #7
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:

I'm familiar with the Russians and the runner that spilled the beans and fled the country. But with crap like Balco the similarities between our two countries may be much closer.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 06:56 PM   #8
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Fuck that. We don't apologize to the Russians. You liberals.
You crap. They should apologize big times. Because its jest crazy how usa gets involved in everything. They are so pissed at russia that they stoped american war in Syria, and made usa look weak and not trusted. So now they wanted to make russia bad, but hey actually came out america is the looser again. So 2 for russia 0 for america.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #9
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i View Post
You crap. They should apologize big times. Because its jest crazy how usa gets involved in everything. They are so pissed at russia that they stoped american war in Syria, and made usa look weak and not trusted. So now they wanted to make russia bad, but hey actually came out america is the looser again. So 2 for russia 0 for america.
I can't understand any of this.

Who should apologize? Who is pissed? Why is The US the "looser" (assume you mean loser)?

As for this topic, the three althletes in question were very transparent, followed the rules to the letter, and hid nothing. What's the story here? Some butt hurt Russian hackers were mad because they got eliminated for rampant and flagrant cheating on many occasions, along with solid trails to having to be state sponsored.

The IOC is partially at fault here, and should have had the balls to ban the team much earlier, instead of having Russian Olympic trials, intense training (that included doping), travel to the games, etc... Doing so a few days before competition begins was terrible for Russia, and although they fucked up badly, they should have been told their consequences far earlier.
Appreciate 1
csu872134.00
      09-13-2016, 11:22 PM   #10
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Ha! That's funny. The Russians run a statewide doping program and we should apologize for what? The Williams sisters were approved to take said drugs. Most of the Russian women's athletes were taking some many steroids they were growing dicks. Go back to kissing Putin's picture. Does this make you horny?
Attached Images

2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
csu872134.00
      09-14-2016, 07:49 AM   #11
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm familiar with the Russians and the runner that spilled the beans and fled the country. But with crap like Balco the similarities between our two countries may be much closer.
If you think there are similarities, you are not familiar with what the Russians did :FYI:

Quote:
I feel like the only thing we should apologize to Russia for is this post. Spelling, Grammar, general retardation...
Appreciate 1
Haywood3098.50
      09-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #12
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
Let's be clear here- the USA didn't ban anybody, nor would the USA owe any apology about any banning which happened because of doping. The WADA handled all that business, and they're an international organization primarily based in Switzerland and Canada.

Beyond that, every person who was "outed" in this "hack" was cleared by the WADA- there was no government sponsored, supported and endorsed long term program of athletic doping.

It's truly not even a newsworthy story, just a belligerent attempt to save face which, upon review of the facts, only makes their case worse.
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 10:46 AM   #13
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:
If you think there are similarities, you are not familiar with what the Russians did :FYI:

I feel like the only thing we should apologize to Russia for is this post. Spelling, Grammar, general retardation...
American illicit performance enhancing drug usage is pretty extensive, it's extensive even in high schools. Eastern Europe into Asia has freak show stories of female athletes with massive brows and all the traits of illicit doping, but so does the U.S.. You can argue state sponsored versus the private sponsored - but there is coordinated illicit doping in the countries that amass high count Olympic metals.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 11:05 AM   #14
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
Pick a scope for the conversation here man.....

You want to talk about the olympics and the athletes eligable to compete in them? Or pro sports in america? Or high school, or maybe college athletes? These are all different topics, and only one matches your original post.

Based on just the last part of your last sentence above, "...there is coordinated illicit doping in the countries that amass high count Olympic metals." It sounds like the implication is that the WADA is of no value, that the USA and any other high medal count country are actively doping their athletes with the support and approval of their governments?

Cause I totally disagree with that theory.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #15
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Pick a scope for the conversation here man.....

You want to talk about the olympics and the athletes eligable to compete in them? Or pro sports in america? Or high school, or maybe college athletes? These are all different topics, and only one matches your original post.

Based on just the last part of your last sentence above, "...there is coordinated illicit doping in the countries that amass high count Olympic metals." It sounds like the implication is that the WADA is of no value, that the USA and any other high medal count country are actively doping their athletes with the support and approval of their governments?

Cause I totally disagree with that theory.
I don't think the AMA or health departments is funding or aiding medical intervention into sports performances.

Olympic committees and coaches, you know I'm not so sure they don't function on the edge of interpreting what's legal. UCI or international cycling sanctioning body I think are suspect. The international Olympic commitee is diseased by bribery - that's a real corrupt organization.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #16
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
Nifty answer.
Oh, and let me be clear on my position- I totally thing PED's are, in America, way more popular and available at all sporting levels than they should be. I don't pretend that it ain't happening, it totally is and is scary prevalent.

I do think tho that WADA is doing the best they can to stop it at an international competition level such as the Olympics. I also think that, in the terms of the original conversation, the level & scope of activity by the Russians disclosed prior to the Olympics was unprecedented and may never be matched at this level. At least I hope it never will be. To the point: I don't think the USA has, or ever will, actively endorse the use of or provide PED's to or for their Olympic level amateur athletes.

I do think that despite some efforts to prevent it PED's are used all too often by almost every other level of sport in this country. It's gotten somewhat better over the last few years, but one has to wonder if the improvement is from an actual decline in use or due to new PED's that aren't yet being tested for... Dunno, but it is a moving target for sure and those doing the enforcement are always going to be playing catch-up.

As for the Olympic Committee, oh yeah, that's some bad business there! Much like the Soccer leadership it's a trove of screwed up practices perhaps only matched in their bad management by maybe Formula One or North Korea....
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #17
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
American illicit performance enhancing drug usage is pretty extensive, it's extensive even in high schools. Eastern Europe into Asia has freak show stories of female athletes with massive brows and all the traits of illicit doping, but so does the U.S.. You can argue state sponsored versus the private sponsored - but there is coordinated illicit doping in the countries that amass high count Olympic metals.
Quote:
I don't think the AMA or health departments is funding or aiding medical intervention into sports performances.

Olympic committees and coaches, you know I'm not so sure they don't function on the edge of interpreting what's legal. UCI or international cycling sanctioning body I think are suspect. The international Olympic commitee is diseased by bribery - that's a real corrupt organization.
1st. Thought we were talking about the Olympic Athletes that competed in the games under the WADA regulations, not the rampant use of PEDs in America. Yes that is an issue, but it is an issue worldwide. The 3 Americans listed in the article followed the WADA Regulations to get approval to use medications they were already taking before they ended up on the banned substance list. Any athlete can do this provided they have medical authorization showing that they need these medications.

2nd. Russia was involved in GOVERNMENT funded doping. This included athletes being forced to take PEDs, athletes being given PEDs without their knowledge and the GOVERNMENT rigging testing and results. To my knowledge, the US GOVERNMENT has never done any of these things, and when a US athlete is found to be doping, their medals and titles are stripped. This is why Russia was in trouble with the the Olympic Committee. Russia is lucky their previous medals werent stripped from them as well.

You cant compare what Russia did vs what these 3 athletes did, nor can you compare it to the PED use in America, unless you have a bone to pick with America. In which case, this conversation is going to be like talking to a rock and logical reasoning will fall on deaf ears.

Not that you care since you have obviously made your mind up, but Simone Biles medication is for ADHD and the Williams sisters were taking anti inflammatories and pain meds... Hardly PEDs

Last edited by csu87; 09-14-2016 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 11:33 PM   #18
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

That is all they found? LOL!...This makes our athletes look even cleaner.

ADD medication and anti-inflammatory medication. Both of which got approved exemptions for.

Nice try.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #19
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
anti inflammatories and pain meds... Hardly PEDs
When you are old but still trying to play soccer with the whippersnappers, those ARE PEDs!!!
Appreciate 1
1and11851.50
      10-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #20
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

we'll apologize when they stop scamming, spamming and hacking us.