BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion US Handling of Coronavirus

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #9813
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
9899
Rep
8,148
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post

You clearly do not understand [all my excuses for US failure]
So your point is China is a foundationally better country than the US because:

(1.) China is better able to protect it's population (which is the primary duty of government), and

(2.) China has a better public health system than the US, and

(3.) You don't believe in American exceptionalism because we have too complicated of a government for that.


I don't think I've ever heard an American say more unpatriotic things - especially on Independence Day.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 2
chris7193868.00
minn197120.50

      07-04-2020, 04:47 PM   #9814
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
7241
Rep
3,090
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
You clearly do not understand the dynamics of this country, its laws, its politics, its economics, its individualism, all the bureaucracy, what the federal government can and cannot do, funding and sources of funding, etc. etc. etc. For a situation like this, the way our country is setup and operates is not conducive to completely controlling a virus like this.
Hmmm, so you're saying the challenge in controlling the spread of the virus is when you have lots of unique individual entities with their own governance, laws, economies, politics, policies, etc. and an overarching governance that guides all of them but is intentionally limited in power and scope? Sounds a lot like the EU to me. 450 million people spread across their member countries with dense urban areas and wide open rural areas. All making their own individual plans of action. Sounds a lot like the US however, they seem to be getting things under control whereas we are not.
Appreciate 2
chris7193868.00
minn197120.50

      07-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #9815
XutvJet
Brigadier General
2997
Rep
3,794
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
So your point is China is a foundationally better country than the US because:

(1.) China is better able to protect it's population (which is the primary duty of government), and

(2.) China has a better public health system than the US, and

(3.) You don't believe in American exceptionalism because we have too complicated of a government for that.


I don't think I've ever heard an American say more unpatriotic things - especially on Independence Day.

China deals in suppression and strong arming. It's communist after all. You conform or else. Also, do you really believe the COVID numbers provided by China? I'm not saying they're like our numbers but they've lied and mislead.

As for your unpatriotic statement. Total BS. I am only merely pointing out the complications of the way our country works and reality. For better or worse, it's what we have to work with. To think that you can get every state and federal government on the same page, on ANY topic, you're living in a dreamworld and are quite idealistic.

I'm not saying that we can't be doing a better job, but to think that we can be like some of the countries in the EU simply isn't happening. We're way more complicated, simple as that.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2020, 05:19 PM   #9816
XutvJet
Brigadier General
2997
Rep
3,794
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Hmmm, so you're saying the challenge in controlling the spread of the virus is when you have lots of unique individual entities with their own governance, laws, economies, politics, policies, etc. and an overarching governance that guides all of them but is intentionally limited in power and scope? Sounds a lot like the EU to me. 450 million people spread across their member countries with dense urban areas and wide open rural areas. All making their own individual plans of action. Sounds a lot like the US however, they seem to be getting things under control whereas we are not.
But they all operate like their own states. Some are doing better than others, just like here in the US. Once those countries loosen their grip, watch what happens to their cases.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 06:15 PM   #9817
thrak410
Private First Class
56
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2004 Z4 Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Canton, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

You gotta understand, there's a lot of us with no experience in constantly explaining away failure.
I find that hard to believe, we had 8 years of Obama lol
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 08:21 PM   #9818
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
9899
Rep
8,148
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I am only merely pointing out the complications of the way our country works and reality.
These notions reek of acquiesce, failure, and a perversion of US ideals

FYI, the US Constitution:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare...
The people of the United States are under biological attack; the federal government's duty - per the very foundations of the federal government - is to defend the nation with a common defense to promote the general Welfare.

You defend dereliction of duty with a perverted misunderstanding of civics.

I feel lucky to have grown up with people who ran towards the fire instead of your solution: let's quit because it's too hard.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 4
minn197120.50
chris7193868.00
Littlebear1055.50
5.M0NSTER1182.00

      07-05-2020, 12:13 AM   #9819
XutvJet
Brigadier General
2997
Rep
3,794
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:

You defend dereliction of duty with a perverted misunderstanding of civics.

I feel lucky to have grown up with people who ran towards the fire instead of your solution: let's quit because it's too hard.
My duty? I'm not in government and there's little I can do to change things. I don't call the shots. I'm simply pointing out the hard truth.

Run towards the fire? You have no idea of my personal background. LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 12:46 AM   #9820
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
BimmerDimmer6's Avatar
United_States
1299
Rep
751
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Tampa Fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:

You defend dereliction of duty with a perverted misunderstanding of civics.

I feel lucky to have grown up with people who ran towards the fire instead of your solution: let's quit because it's too hard.
My duty? I'm not in government and there's little I can do to change things. I don't call the shots. I'm simply pointing out the hard truth.

Run towards the fire? You have no idea of my personal background. LOL
I thought u were pilot
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #9821
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
7174
Rep
6,977
Posts

Drives: M4 YMB 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (17)

“The death rate in a given country depends a lot on the age structure, who are the people infected, and how they are managed,” Ioannidis said. “For people younger than 45, the infection fatality rate is almost 0%. For 45 to 70, it is probably about 0.05%-0.3%. For those above 70, it escalates substantially.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...er-45-almost-0
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 12:39 PM   #9822
rwheels
Lieutenant
1809
Rep
581
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: May 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Mask or no mask, but please be remindful of this. For many, some of these jobs are their first, and I find it in very poor manners when "adults" treat young people this way. Hell, these kids are just trying to do their jobs, for f@#ks sakes.

Ohio ice cream shop asks customers to stop yelling at teenage employees about mask requirement

https://thehill.com/changing-america...tomers-to-stop
Appreciate 2
chris7193868.00

      07-05-2020, 12:42 PM   #9823
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
9899
Rep
8,148
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
BuhBuhBuh we can't compare because then we'd have to accept responsibility!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
chris7193868.00

      07-05-2020, 12:45 PM   #9824
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
BimmerDimmer6's Avatar
United_States
1299
Rep
751
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Tampa Fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Mask or no mask, but please be remindful of this. For many, some of these jobs are their first, and I find it in very poor manners when "adults" treat young people this way. Hell, these kids are just trying to do their jobs, for f@#ks sakes.

Ohio ice cream shop asks customers to stop yelling at teenage employees about mask requirement

https://thehill.com/changing-america...tomers-to-stop
Yea, is nonsense, but you cant tell already irrational people what to do.

The mere fact they don't want to put a mask says it all.

First job was at McDonalds so I get it.
Appreciate 2
rwheels1808.50
chris7193868.00

      07-05-2020, 12:45 PM   #9825
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
9899
Rep
8,148
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Meanwhile, New York state accepts responsibility.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 3
chris7193868.00
wdb2366.50
5.M0NSTER1182.00

      07-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #9826
tcphoto
Major
United_States
902
Rep
1,467
Posts

Drives: E92 335i MT Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

I just read a mind numbing article on the WHO handling of Covid-19, it read as though the organization is staffed with politicians. They don't want to recommend wearing masks because they don't have absolute evidence that it is an aerosol transmitted virus. By recommending masks, they fear that underdeveloped WHO members would be forced to spend funds on preventive measures rather than other programs their funds may be designated to cover.

Of course the World is confused because the Heads of the WHO and in the US, Trump isn't wearing masks which confuses everyone. I believe that I'll be wearing a mask in public until I see proof otherwise and will avoid unprotected people and situations in the foreseeable future. How many of the new cases and deaths may be prevented by the minor inconvenience of utilizing a mask? If it's 10% I feel like it's worth it but that's just me.
__________________
Appreciate 3
wdb2366.50
Lucky1411.00

      07-05-2020, 02:26 PM   #9827
mbanks21
Colonel
1151
Rep
2,910
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i MSport
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: St. Pete Florida

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Mask or no mask, but please be remindful of this. For many, some of these jobs are their first, and I find it in very poor manners when "adults" treat young people this way. Hell, these kids are just trying to do their jobs, for f@#ks sakes.

Ohio ice cream shop asks customers to stop yelling at teenage employees about mask requirement

https://thehill.com/changing-america...tomers-to-stop
I guaran-damn-tee you every single person yelling at a 14 year old ice cream shop worker is a trump supporter.
__________________
2015 335i Msport/6 JB4/EWG/E30/VRSF DP/ER CP/ VRSF Race Exhaust/ Injen Intake/Verde Axis 19x8.5/9.5 245/35/275/30 Conti Extreme CS/ H&R Sports / Motorsport Hardware Stud Conversion
Appreciate 2
quick6726.50

      07-05-2020, 02:45 PM   #9828
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
BimmerDimmer6's Avatar
United_States
1299
Rep
751
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Tampa Fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I just read a mind numbing article on the WHO handling of Covid-19, it read as though the organization is staffed with politicians. They don't want to recommend wearing masks because they don't have absolute evidence that it is an aerosol transmitted virus. By recommending masks, they fear that underdeveloped WHO members would be forced to spend funds on preventive measures rather than other programs their funds may be designated to cover.

Of course the World is confused because the Heads of the WHO and in the US, Trump isn't wearing masks which confuses everyone. I believe that I'll be wearing a mask in public until I see proof otherwise and will avoid unprotected people and situations in the foreseeable future. How many of the new cases and deaths may be prevented by the minor inconvenience of utilizing a mask? If it's 10% I feel like it's worth it but that's just me.
Link
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 04:30 PM   #9829
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
SSW's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
852
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
The evidence proves that the "handling" of the Covid-19 crisis in this country S*CKED and continues to S*CK big time!
__________________
2008 Black Sapphire 335i E90 Sport & Premium Pkgs - Cobb Stage 1+FMIC Sport map, Mishimoto FMIC & Alpina B3 AT Flash. See: My Build Thread.
Appreciate 1
chris7193868.00

      07-05-2020, 04:36 PM   #9830
AlpineWhite_SJ
Slayer of dumb ~ IG: d0ctajones
AlpineWhite_SJ's Avatar
United_States
1425
Rep
973
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Link
Highlighting their reluctance to say it's airborne - Reuters
__________________
///M I have F80 and F97 Stuff...///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
He “lasers” plenty of people over a ton of stuff. He’s a veteran of these parts, he can take it.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2020, 05:10 PM   #9831
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
9899
Rep
8,148
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Many Americans are broken beyond repair
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 2
chris7193868.00
cjb7621100.50

      07-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #9832
chris719
Brigadier General
3868
Rep
4,211
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Many Americans are broken beyond repair
Too much Facebook and Fox News seems to result in terminal idiocy.
Appreciate 1
cjb7621100.50

      07-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #9833
ASAP
Stargazing
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
3448
Rep
4,857
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vice City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Many Americans are broken beyond repair
Too much Facebook and Fox News seems to result in terminal idiocy.
All social media is cancer...

Most of msm also is...
Appreciate 1
wdb2366.50

      07-05-2020, 05:51 PM   #9834
chris719
Brigadier General
3868
Rep
4,211
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
All social media is cancer...

Most of msm also is...
Agreed, but you won't find anti-mask sentiment just everywhere. Highly likely that ninety-nine percent of these anti-mask Karens vote Trump.
Appreciate 1
mbanks211151.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST