BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1: Austin GP '19

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #111
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
21680
Rep
12,640
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I'm looking forward to Crashhappend slamming into yet another driver, and then Belgian and M5 making even more excuses for it and blaming the person who was hit.
.
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 09:23 AM   #112
OG Shark
Major
OG Shark's Avatar
881
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Fun weekend - always a blast being out there to watch the race. Weather was perfect & the overall production of the whole weekend improves each year. Now they have just got to figure out how to deal with the bumps - they are getting bad & it seems like the pace of the degradation is accelerating. The main culprits are at 2, between 9 & 10, & 18 apex. They have adjusted for the one at 18 but you cannot avoid the other two. Could see little bits falling off a few cars from the 9 to 10 bump. The back straight has a couple as well but at this point are more just uncomfortable than potential safety issues.

The final blow for Vettel looks like it was from the bump between 9 & 10. It looks like that was being set up though by his penchant for turtle hunting up to that point (I prefer the moniker turtle over sausage curb, sounds more pleasant). Dude was wearing out the turtles through the "S"s & was regularly smacking the one at 16 as well. The last bounce from the bump was just the final blow combined with a slow death by turtle up to that point.

I would not argue against Vettel purposefully tagging the turtles as often as possible per team orders... Once they figured out that they no longer had the power they used to after they had to stop cheating - it appears they needed to come up with something quick as an excuse to cover their tracks. Hmmm, suspension failure? Perfect - send it!

Remember this at COTA, always this...

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 09:25 AM   #113
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
21680
Rep
12,640
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Congrats to MERC. 1/2 finish. Good job to numbnuts too. He finished where he started and he didnít hit anyone. But hey, if you ainít first...
Well....MONSTER

Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #114
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
21680
Rep
12,640
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Vettel is out with possible rear suspension breakage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
FUCKING COTA breaking suspensions now!
Some bumps in slow motion ...

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #115
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
4810
Rep
4,013
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Ferrari pitstop screwed again . Charles lost there 7.5 sec . In F1 terms that's like crossing an ocean of time !

Or is it this ?
Thats why I'm going enthusiastic about BMW M Sport ice watch and bought two,always on time and always on jet mode.It would be 2.2 seconds stop with M POWER jet-mode watch
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 11:23 AM   #116
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
4810
Rep
4,013
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well....MONSTER

3. My Mum's lucky number actually.3. 3. 33.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #117
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
21680
Rep
12,640
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Thats why I'm going enthusiastic about BMW M Sport ice watch and bought two,always on time and always on jet mode.It would be 2.2 seconds stop with M POWER jet-mode watch
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #118
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
21680
Rep
12,640
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
3. My Mum's lucky number actually.3. 3. 33.
According the latest : Ferrari got an FIA technical directive inspection ....
Charles was angry : He said MAX don't knows 5H1T about us . Because MAX talked about the inspection in his interview . ...And yesterday Charles was *1 minute* later on the finish line !
While we still remember the Ferrari speed at MONZA and SPA . According Lewis and MAX ...*It* The Jet-Mode was unreal !

Now...Ferrari already signed up (too) a complaint against Merc and Red Bull ....
This means that Merc and Red Bull Honda will get also an extra FIA technical inspection at Interlagos .

The whole thing (situation) is about a (changed) Ferrari fuel injection system . In other words *The Ferrari Jet-Mode*
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 12:00 PM   #119
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
4810
Rep
4,013
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
According the latest : Ferrari got an FIA technical directive inspection ....
Charles was angry : He said MAX don't knows 5H1T about us . Because MAX talked about the inspection in his interview . ...And yesterday Charles was *1 minute* later on the finish line !
While we still remember the Ferrari speed at MONZA and SPA . According Lewis and MAX ...*It* The Jet-Mode was unreal !

Now...Ferrari already signed up (too) a complaint against Merc and Red Bull ....
This means that Merc and Red Bull Honda will get also an extra FIA technical inspection at Interlagos .

The whole thing (situation) is about a (changed) Ferrari fuel injection system . In other words *The Ferrari Jet-Mode*
It's normal in F1.So far there have been about 35 queries from teams,if I'm not mistaken,about other teams' suspected tech improvements for pace that may be irregular to the rules.
It's just tit for tat.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #120
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
21680
Rep
12,640
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's normal in F1.So far there have been about 35 queries from teams,if I'm not mistaken,about other teams' suspected tech improvements for pace that may be irregular to the rules.
It's just tit for tat.
I know . But this can be something special . Because it's about a Ferrari *manipulation* of the fuel supply (injection) system .
Here is the article in Dutch . Hope you can use Translate => https://www.gpupdate.net/nl/f1-nieuw...et-over-heeft/

Anyway I'm curious to know more ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 12:37 PM   #121
msk340i
Captain
810
Rep
764
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Vettel going to congratulate Hamilton in the post race cool down room was pretty classy.
I like the guy...In a list of drivers you'd like to go for a drink with...he'd be on my list.
You gotta like him. He's a very straightforward no BS man.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 01:33 PM   #122
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
4810
Rep
4,013
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I know . But this can be something special . Because it's about a Ferrari *manipulation* of the fuel supply (injection) system .
Here is the article in Dutch . Hope you can use Translate => https://www.gpupdate.net/nl/f1-nieuw...et-over-heeft/

Anyway I'm curious to know more ...
I've translated it and again (in fact its on another F1 site in English also) I would say its typical in house 'battleships' game trying to weigh down the other guy and vice versa.Ham started it but his ball has stopped rolling.
I also understand Max's suspicions with the loss of pace with Ferrari in Austin and with the displeasure between Charles and Max in previous clashes over domination on the track some of which you have shown.I think Ferrari has answered all the doubts with good answers concerning Lecs engine and some one on here even suggested Seb knew his suspension arm would fail .I can't imagine anyone would drive an F1 car knowing this would happen.
It'll all pass by Brazil and we can get on with what we like to watch, the racing.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #123
msk340i
Captain
810
Rep
764
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Fun weekend - always a blast being out there to watch the race. Weather was perfect & the overall production of the whole weekend improves each year. Now they have just got to figure out how to deal with the bumps - they are getting bad & it seems like the pace of the degradation is accelerating. The main culprits are at 2, between 9 & 10, & 18 apex. They have adjusted for the one at 18 but you cannot avoid the other two. Could see little bits falling off a few cars from the 9 to 10 bump. The back straight has a couple as well but at this point are more just uncomfortable than potential safety issues.

The final blow for Vettel looks like it was from the bump between 9 & 10. It looks like that was being set up though by his penchant for turtle hunting up to that point (I prefer the moniker turtle over sausage curb, sounds more pleasant). Dude was wearing out the turtles through the "S"s & was regularly smacking the one at 16 as well. The last bounce from the bump was just the final blow combined with a slow death by turtle up to that point.

I would not argue against Vettel purposefully tagging the turtles as often as possible per team orders... Once they figured out that they no longer had the power they used to after they had to stop cheating - it appears they needed to come up with something quick as an excuse to cover their tracks. Hmmm, suspension failure? Perfect - send it!

Remember this at COTA, always this...

Dude what are you even talking about??? Are you seriously suggesting they made him break the suspension on purpose??? Cover the tracks? Lol you guys are funny 😂
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #124
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
4810
Rep
4,013
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Dude what are you even talking about??? Are you seriously suggesting they made him break the suspension on purpose??? Cover the tracks? Lol you guys are funny 😂
+1
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 02:15 PM   #125
OG Shark
Major
OG Shark's Avatar
881
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Dude what are you even talking about??? Are you seriously suggesting they made him break the suspension on purpose??? Cover the tracks? Lol you guys are funny 😂
Are you seriously suggesting that I was being serious there???

Lol you guys are too serious
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo1172.00

      11-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #126
OG Shark
Major
OG Shark's Avatar
881
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
+1
+2
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo1172.00

      11-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #127
OG Shark
Major
OG Shark's Avatar
881
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Hey look - just took a major suspension breakage from the bumps to get it to happen...

COTA to close in winter for "extensive" repairs
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #128
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
4810
Rep
4,013
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
+2
Yeah that's sooooo funny,I'm splitting my sides LOL
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 02:52 PM   #129
hellrotm
Major General
3340
Rep
6,571
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Vettel going to congratulate Hamilton in the post race cool down room was pretty classy.
I like the guy...In a list of drivers you'd like to go for a drink with...he'd be on my list.
Huge respect to Vettel for doing that, especially after his early DNF.

Appreciate 3
      11-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #130
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
21680
Rep
12,640
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Huge respect to Vettel for doing that, especially after his early DNF.

Spot on ! SEB is such a nice guy
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 03:10 PM   #131
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
21680
Rep
12,640
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Yeah that's sooooo funny,I'm splitting my sides LOL
Did you knew this my friend ? => https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...ctory/4592934/
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #132
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
4810
Rep
4,013
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
No,first time I'm seeing it from you.Without that hole and the endplate breaking off it would arguably have made Max's RB the fastest car and just look at how Alb was cutting through the field with his apparently intact car after his bump.
Max managed that RB15 as best he could and nearly got 2nd.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST