BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Picture of Last Items You Bought (NO WEAPONS)

08-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #375
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

The G5 JB4!! I cant wait!

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #376
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

^^^^ looks slow
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #377
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
SO the wife sometimes asks for strange things for her birthday...

Typically this would be death for husband to do but, her wish is my command...

Was reading about this online, did you know you can heat soup in these things??? WTF? Heated via friction...
My wife got me one of these and it's amazing. I made asparagus soup with it not too long ago. Tasted great.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #378
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Not most recent purchase, but most recent mail delivery at work:

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #379
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

just moved to summerfield, nc with my new job...
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #380
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

I've regrettably been spoiled rotten for my whole life and I felt guilty about my discretionary spending getting out of control ($3000/month eating out) so I'm trying to see if I can eat for less than $50 this month. Hell, $1/day would be ideal but that might be pushing it.

This is the first time I've ever tried frozen pizza but at 89 cents it's actually not bad. (Note: I think regular retail is closer to $1.25/pizza).
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #381
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
SO the wife sometimes asks for strange things for her birthday...

Typically this would be death for husband to do but, her wish is my command...

Was reading about this online, did you know you can heat soup in these things??? WTF? Heated via friction...
My wife got me one of these and it's amazing. I made asparagus soup with it not too long ago. Tasted great.
The vitamix is nice, but they haven't changed its look in years. I want to get a blendtec
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #382
Kong Sheng Han
Banned
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX

I've regrettably been spoiled rotten for my whole life and I felt guilty about my discretionary spending getting out of control ($3000/month eating out) so I'm trying to see if I can eat for less than $50 this month. Hell, $1/day would be ideal but that might be pushing it.

This is the first time I've ever tried frozen pizza but at 89 cents it's actually not bad. (Note: I think regular retail is closer to $1.25/pizza).
But that can't be good for your health. Try maybe, $100 or $300 a month, and buy healthier food?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #383
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong Sheng Han View Post
But that can't be good for your health. Try maybe, $100 or $300 a month, and buy healthier food?
Yeah that's the problem. I totally agree.

What are some staple low budget options that cover most (if not all) of my nutritional needs? I'm thinking rice and beans. Probably bulk meat of some sort (chicken).

I don't like spending too much time preparing food. I've got a crockpot that I can probably make good use of. Just throw in some standard stock, mirepoix (carrots, celery, onions), meat and potatoes.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #384
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

just installed today. Quite happy with the results.

08-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #385
ake53
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E53

sold my 8500 c50, saved some money and bought the V1.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #386
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

i think my refrigerator ALWAYS Has a minimum of two Totino's Pizzas in it....

the combination one is my favorite lol..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #387
Kong Sheng Han
Banned
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong Sheng Han View Post

What are some staple low budget options that cover most (if not all) of my nutritional needs? I'm thinking rice and beans. Probably bulk meat of some sort (chicken).

I don't like spending too much time preparing food. I've got a crockpot that I can probably make good use of. Just throw in some standard stock, mirepoix (carrots, celery, onions), meat and potatoes.
I wouldn't be the person to ask, but since you're in Texas, I guess the deli section at HEB could help.

My protein powder has pretty much everything you need, and it doesn't taste bad IMO. I could give you details on that.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #388
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
just installed today. Quite happy with the results.

Nice!!

What wheel is that and where did you get it?
      08-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #389
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post

Buy a bunch of frozen boneless chicken breasts. You can use one at a time or on Sunday you can grill 5 of them and eat them throughout the week. Switch it up by getting a rotisserie chicken and mixing it with yellow rice and black beans. For one that will last 4 days. Then with each meal you can add different veggies. In the steamer this will not be labor intensive. Lots of grocery stores are selling meatballs already made up. Buy them, bake them, put them in spaghetti with marinara sauce.

Get a rice steamer and you can steam like a pound of rice at a time and some veggies. Steam or cook your veggies for every meal, old veggies are no good. Switch up the rice with some potatoes. Cut up a potato in to 3/4" cubes, spread them on a cookie sheet, spray with olive oil and sprinkle garlic salt on them. Bake in oven for 20 min at 400 degrees.

Get some good cereal and some 1% milk. By good cereal i mean something that has some fiber. Frosted mini wheats have good fiber and taste good. Plus they are very mixable. With like: fruity pebbles, rice crispies, etc.... still get the fiber and can switch it up.

Snack on fruit. Fruit is not cheap but is great for your body.
Snack on yogurt. Add some granola to make it more of a hearty snack.

Get some sliced deli meat and cheese for lunches. Mix in a PB&J or PB & Honey for variety. Get take out once or twice a week for dinner. Chipoltle, Moes, Jimmy Johns, Pei Wei, etc... Cheap and good food that's pretty decent for you depending on your choices.

With this you aren't eating for $50 a month but not much more than $200 / month. And eating well at that.
      08-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #390
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Buy a bunch of frozen boneless chicken breasts. You can use one at a time or on Sunday you can grill 5 of them and eat them throughout the week. Switch it up by getting a rotisserie chicken and mixing it with yellow rice and black beans. For one that will last 4 days. Then with each meal you can add different veggies. In the steamer this will not be labor intensive. Lots of grocery stores are selling meatballs already made up. Buy them, bake them, put them in spaghetti with marinara sauce.

Get a rice steamer and you can steam like a pound of rice at a time and some veggies. Steam or cook your veggies for every meal, old veggies are no good. Switch up the rice with some potatoes. Cut up a potato in to 3/4" cubes, spread them on a cookie sheet, spray with olive oil and sprinkle garlic salt on them. Bake in oven for 20 min at 400 degrees.

Get some good cereal and some 1% milk. By good cereal i mean something that has some fiber. Frosted mini wheats have good fiber and taste good. Plus they are very mixable. With like: fruity pebbles, rice crispies, etc.... still get the fiber and can switch it up.

Get some sliced deli meat and cheese for lunches. Mix in a PB&J or PB & Honey for variety. Get take out once or twice a week for dinner. Chipoltle, Moes, Jimmy Johns, Pei Wei, etc... Cheap and good food that's pretty decent for you depending on your choices.

With this you aren't eating for $50 a month but not much more than $200 / month. And eating well at that.
This is great advice. Thank you so much for this
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #391
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Nice!!

What wheel is that and where did you get it?
Uses the original steering wheel...Got it in china for around $50usd.

can follow this link for more info
http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869645
      08-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #392
Kong Sheng Han
Banned
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:

This
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #393
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Gotta love the hookup on employee discounts

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #394
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Cut up a potato in to 3/4" cubes, spread them on a cookie sheet, spray with olive oil and sprinkle garlic salt on them. Bake in oven for 20 min at 400 degrees.
This is one of my favorite side dishes to make. So tasty.

NemesisX, if you have a spot for one, get a propane grill. It makes cooking up those chicken breasts real easy along with many other things, even veggies.
      08-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #395
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Finally got my JB4 with the G5 ISO board!!!

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #396
hudamang
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hopefully M4

Quote:

I've regrettably been spoiled rotten for my whole life and I felt guilty about my discretionary spending getting out of control ($3000/month eating out)
lol..going from $100 a day to less than $2 a day? That's Madoff style!

I'm more interested in what you ate with $3000 a month?

Breakfast: Caviar and Dom
Lunch: Foie gras and truffles
Dinner: Frozen pizza