BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The Mueller investigation, what we know so far

12-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #1167
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I am sick at home today, so maybe I am over analyzing your answer, but I am not trying to be a smart ass, really just curious.

I understand they had proof of Russian meddling, but do we know if they had anything connecting that to Trump outside of a couple meetings Trumps team had with a couple Russians?
There was also Papadopoulos - a member of the trump campaign team - bragging to an Australian diplomat that he knew that Russia had a lot of dirt on Hillary...
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #1168
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Yes, but lets not forgot that Putin hated Hillary with or without Trump. Hillary meddled against Putin's puppet in the Ukrainian election. They have always had bad blood.

Russia going against Hillary isn't a coincidence, but that doesn't mean it was because they colluded with Trump.

At this point I hope they do find something big against Trump, I really hope the stress, time and money spent doesn't go to waste.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #1169
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SS M3

I agree. But again, bring in Manafort and Flynn into the picture.

Either a.) Trump was a moron and didn't have any background into Manafort or Flynn or b.) Trump knew exactly what he was doing with regard to those two.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #1170
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
I was alluding that he didn't need the Russians for what we are accusing them of doing, he could of done it on his own legally. So there isn't much of a motive as to why use the Russians.

But that doesn't matter since we are already in this, and now we are just waiting for answers.

I know you stated you wouldn't support another investigation if nothing is found. But would you not be mad if we were given no proof of collusion at all? If the reason this investigation started was because Trumps team met with a Russian or two, and it ends up those meetings had nothing to do with collusion. Wouldn't it upset you that they went into this without enough evidence?
Exactly the opposite - I would be relieved. As much as I abhor Trump as a human being, impeachment of a sitting President does not benefit our country in any way.
Appreciate 2
dsad1714.50
MKSixer15449.50

12-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #1171
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Exactly the opposite - I would be relieved. As much as I abhor Trump as a human being, impeachment of a sitting President does not benefit our country in any way.
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #1172
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
impeachment of a sitting President does not benefit our country in any way.
It is not going to help the economy and makes us look weak globally imo.

I think it will/would unite and energize the conservative base. If he is removed you get a 'real conservative' in Mike Pence in and has say a year to get ready for the next election. I would expect him to win on the dems in the impeach and remove scenario. Which is the opposite of what liberals want. They just hate Trump so much and want him out they don't consider the potential consequences of an impeachment and removal. Or they could wait less than 2 years and he might not run again or he might lose in a 'normal' election. Better odds are on waiting vs. wanting impeachment and removal in my opinion.

Here is a question does Pence only get 4 more years and is not allowed to run again because he already served a 'term' technically even if it was just a year or less assuming Trump is removed?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #1173
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
I was alluding that he didn't need the Russians for what we are accusing them of doing, he could of done it on his own legally. So there isn't much of a motive as to why use the Russians.

But that doesn't matter since we are already in this, and now we are just waiting for answers.

I know you stated you wouldn't support another investigation if nothing is found. But would you not be mad if we were given no proof of collusion at all? If the reason this investigation started was because Trumps team met with a Russian or two, and it ends up those meetings had nothing to do with collusion. Wouldn't it upset you that they went into this without enough evidence?
Just to play devil's advocate what if it comes out the whole Russia collusion story turns out to be a dirty trick by the Obama admin and Hillary camp to smear a political opponent? We all know politics is dirty as F. If they knowingly used shady and manufactured evidence to get a FISA warrant to electronically spy on Trump and his campaign meanwhile leaking to their minions in the mainstream media that Trump was a Russian agent which the press happily ran with.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #1174
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Then you don't wait till AFTER the election to break the story.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #1175
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post

Here is a question does Pence only get 4 more years and is not allowed to run again because he already served a 'term' technically even if it was just a year or less assuming Trump is removed?
Though I'm not a big Pence fan, he would certainly be better than Trump. I don't know if he could run in 2024. Truman only ran for 1 full term after Roosevelt died, and Ford lost his bid for his 1st full term.
      12-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #1176
cjb762
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post

Either a.) Trump was a moron and didn't have any background into Manafort or Flynn or b.) Trump knew exactly what he was doing with regard to those two.
Couldn't Trump have known and still be a moron? ;-)
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #1177
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
Quote:

Couldn't Trump have known and still be a moron? ;-)
Valid
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #1178
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
It is not going to help the economy and makes us look weak globally imo.

I think it will/would unite and energize the conservative base. If he is removed you get a 'real conservative' in Mike Pence in and has say a year to get ready for the next election. I would expect him to win on the dems in the impeach and remove scenario. Which is the opposite of what liberals want. They just hate Trump so much and want him out they don't consider the potential consequences of an impeachment and removal. Or they could wait less than 2 years and he might not run again or he might lose in a 'normal' election. Better odds are on waiting vs. wanting impeachment and removal in my opinion.

Hmmm, that's fair. However, I don't think Pence really sets the conservative world on fire as a candidate, either.

Quote:
Good question. Based on my Googling of LBJ, Pence would be allowed to serve to full terms in addition to his assumed term.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #1179
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Still No Trump/Russian collusion!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #1180
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

He won’t make it to the end of summer*
He won’t make it to the primaries.
He won’t make it to the Debates.
He won’t make it to the Election.
He has no path to 270.
He colluded with Russia.
We will Impeach him.
All Failed Liberal predictions.
Appreciate 1
Torgus2014.50

12-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #1181
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
The investigation did not come up out of thin air as much as some people try to claim. The Obama administration had proof that Russia was trying to influence the election. Our intelligence agencies had proof. Like was said earlier, the Obama administration decided not let that information out in fear of being accused of trying to influence the election.
I f they had all this "Proof" why did the entire system get subverted by a former British spy (Steele) who produced a 35 page series of uncorroborated "memmos" . Steele produced these for a fee of $168,000 paid by Fusion GPS who was paid through law firm Perkins Coie, whose client was the DNC and the Clinton campaign.

Thanks for the earth shattering of "proof"
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #1182
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I f they had all this "Proof" why did the entire system get subverted by a former British spy (Steele) who produced a 35 page series of uncorroborated "memmos" . Steele produced these for a fee of $168,000 paid by Fusion GPS who was paid through law firm Perkins Coie, whose client was the DNC and the Clinton campaign.

Thanks for the earth shattering of "proof"
You know the Fusion GPS "dossier" was about the Trump campaign's alleged connections to Russia, specifically, not about the Russian "hacking" itself, right?
Appreciate 2
Jockey1985.50

12-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #1183
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
uncorroborated
That's probably the best term to discuss any Trump tweet, right?
      12-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #1184
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You know the Fusion GPS "dossier" was about the Trump campaign's alleged connections to Russia, specifically, not about the Russian "hacking" itself, right?
No, it's obvious he doesn't.

He's also ignoring the intel from the CIA and NSA. But hey, they're just part of the Deep State.
Appreciate 2
      12-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #1185
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:

Trump only hires the best people...
Appreciate 3
Jockey1985.50
cjb762580.00

12-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #1186
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Hmmm, that's fair. However, I don't think Pence really sets the conservative world on fire as a candidate, either.
No, but after Trump I think he would seem very level headed and he has experience in the office now. Probably more qualified than anyone else who would run on the republican ticket no?

I'm not saying I am a fan of Mike "Shock the gay away" Pence. Just that I think he would get elected President for the reason stated above. Also, the Democrats and DNC look/feel weak, at least to me.

In other news With what's going on in Britain and France it feels like Europe is finally waking up. I think there is going to be a backlash, big time. The 'forgotten people' have a large voice and know how to use it.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #1187
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
.....Also, the Democrats and DNC look/feel weak, at least to me.
You take that back! OK, nevermind, you are spot on. The DNC is in a death spiral they dont seem to know how to pull out of. They are so tone deaf that I actually would not bet against them putting HRC up for POTUS in 2020.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2018, 04:38 PM   #1188
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
No, but after Trump I think he would seem very level headed and he has experience in the office now. Probably more qualified than anyone else who would run on the republican ticket no?

I'm not saying I am a fan of Mike "Shock the gay away" Pence. Just that I think he would get elected President for the reason stated above. Also, the Democrats and DNC look/feel weak, at least to me.
Depends on how much of the Trump impeachment stink would stick to him afterward, I suppose.

Quote:
In other news With what's going on in Britain and France it feels like Europe is finally waking up. I think there is going to be a backlash, big time. The 'forgotten people' have a large voice and know how to use it.
Meh.
Appreciate 0