BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications are M550 exhaust tips removable?

03-08-2023, 08:31 AM   #1
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
So I was recently rear ended by someone texting while driving and they smashed up my rear bumper diffuser, trunk and my right side exhaust tip.

The car is going to be going into the shop next week to get the estimate and it got me thinking. I don’t know if the exhaust tip is replaceable part they may just simply replace the entire exhaust. If that were to happen given how expensive that part is, I was debating about just having the body shop, buy the dining exhaust and put that in instead.

I’m not sure if they would do it - they might.

I just thought I’d try and find a way to come out of this with something positive - new diffuser? Or just put it back to stock..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 06:34 PM   #2
Manley00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
So I was recently rear ended by someone texting while driving and they smashed up my rear bumper diffuser, trunk and my right side exhaust tip.

The car is going to be going into the shop next week to get the estimate and it got me thinking. I don’t know if the exhaust tip is replaceable part they may just simply replace the entire exhaust. If that were to happen given how expensive that part is, I was debating about just having the body shop, buy the dining exhaust and put that in instead.

I’m not sure if they would do it - they might.

I just thought I’d try and find a way to come out of this with something positive - new diffuser? Or just put it back to stock..

If those are items you were going to replace in the future. I would certainly have them price shop. The shop can get an estimate based of the parts you WANT as opposed to what you need. Compare the two and see what kind of difference there is. Sometimes the shop will be required to correct the vehicle back to its original state. They do this due to value from the insurance side and finance company because the asset is then depreciated. I personally would go aftermarket exhaust and M5 diffuser!

Good luck! Make it make sense to the shop that’s doing the work… shouldn’t be too hard!
Appreciate 0