BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Anyone with 668M rims in the North East?

12-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
S4CH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xDrive

Anyone with 668M rims in the North East?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi, I am looking at moving from my 2015 550i to the new M550. A lot of the cars dealers are offering come with the 668M rims which look awesome, but may make ownership tough, and I'll certainly be getting the rim and tire insurance.

That being said, I was wondering how many of you are opting for them, and if so, how you plan to deal with the winter?

Will you be switching the rubber to all season (there is one non-RFT option on TireRack) or if you'll have a completely separate setup for the winter?

I had a winter setup for my old 2008 535i which worked great, but the switching days were a headache.
      12-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
Dknj23
Rep
Drives: Singapore Gray 18 M5

Hi, I’m in NJ also and picked up a carbon black m550 with the 668 wheels week before thanksgiving. I opted for Michelin super sports however will be putting on all seasons in a few days. I did not get tire and wheel package as I’m a pretty active driver scanning the road ahead of me.

It’s best to either get dedicated winter setup or compromise and just put on all seasons.
Appreciate 0