BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications G30 540i MHD tuned/xph with CTS catted downpipe - emissions for NV question

02-08-2024, 02:47 PM   #1
Bilbray
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 540i M sport

G30 540i MHD tuned/xph with CTS catted downpipe - emissions for NV question

Hey guys,

Quick questions in hopes to get some guidance for the emissions test here in the state of NV. I have a g30 540i that was unlocked and has MHD and xph tune with a catted CTS DP installed.

I'm under the impression based on searching that I'll need to reinstall the original DP and bring the car back to stock to pass emissions. My concern is if I removed MHD n flash back to stock, my DME will be locked again. Before I go this route I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with NV emissions. O2 sensors are good but the cat monitor is always not available. I'm assuming that monitor is required to pass emissions here.

Any advice before moving forward ? I would hate to have to unlock my DME again which was sent to bimmer ecu solutions. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 02:53 PM   #2
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'll help but you gotta do a little research for me. Does your state allow 1 monitor not ready? Many states do and they simply can drive in with the MHD tune, and the one monitor not ready is the cat. In and out simple. Most states allow this. Can you confirm that its the only monitor not ready? If so you should be all set assuming you look up the NV emissions requirements and are allowed one not ready.

Also I don't THINK if you flash the stock map (stage 0) you would need to be unlocked again, only if you uninstall MHD completely. I am about 98% sure on that but please confirm it with MHD directly.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 02:58 PM   #3
Bilbray
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 540i M sport

Thanks for the feedback. Yes NV does allow for 1. I flashed back to stock 0 with MHD still installed so it does keep it unlocked. My concern would be the cat showing as not available (rather than incomplete). I'm not sure if NV requires that monitor though, it seems some states do and some don't. Unfortunately I just moved here about 3 months ago from Cali so I'm playing catch up
Appreciate 0