BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding ODBLink MX+ Now Supported on BimmerCode for iOS

02-23-2019, 07:01 AM   #1
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
ODBLink MX+ Now Supported on BimmerCode for iOS

FYI, the ODBLink MX+ adapter is now supported on BimmerCode for iOS with the newest update that just came out in the last 15 minutes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
gilbo2
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series G11

I have just started to use Bimmercode for the first time a few days ago and went for the ODBLink MX+. Must admit, I didn't realise it had only just been added to the app.

No problems so far and have changed a few setting on my F10. Get the G30 in a couple of weeks so hopefully that will code just as well. From what I'm reading though it should be fine, as long as I follow the advice about airplane more etc.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2019, 06:52 PM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgilbert2 View Post
I have just started to use Bimmercode for the first time a few days ago and went for the ODBLink MX+. Must admit, I didn't realise it had only just been added to the app.

No problems so far and have changed a few setting on my F10. Get the G30 in a couple of weeks so hopefully that will code just as well. From what I'm reading though it should be fine, as long as I follow the advice about airplane more etc.
The coding generally only takes a few minutes, but I would highly recommend disabling your cellular connection and WiFi (if you have Wi-Fi calling enabled) until it completes.
Appreciate 1
gilbo213.50
      03-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #4
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
VirtualGuitars Would you recommend ODBLink MX+ for bimmercode et al or is the another device that would work with multiple apps?
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #5
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastula View Post
VirtualGuitars Would you recommend ODBLink MX+ for bimmercode et al or is the another device that would work with multiple apps?
Either that one or the UniCarScan. Both of them support all of the features of BimmerCode. I had to order mine from Germany, but got it for about $75 including shipping. I wouldn't use anything other than those two adapters.
Appreciate 2
bastula183.00
gilbo213.50
      03-24-2019, 06:42 PM   #6
reesch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G30 540ix

Thanks VirtualGuitars. Did some light coding this morning and all worked well with the engine running. Used UniCarScan with iPhone and all went well. Has anyone coded door handles lighting in reverse in easy mode? Also, surround cams - would like to get that to be on on-demand, but no ECU appeared when I as coding. Will more ECUs appear if I'm in diagnostic mode?
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #7
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reesch View Post
Thanks VirtualGuitars. Did some light coding this morning and all worked well with the engine running. Used UniCarScan with iPhone and all went well. Has anyone coded door handles lighting in reverse in easy mode? Also, surround cams - would like to get that to be on on-demand, but no ECU appeared when I as coding. Will more ECUs appear if I'm in diagnostic mode?
All of the ECUs will show up in expert mode, but be extremely careful. It's all in German and is undocumented. By the way, the engine control unit is the only ECU you can't program while the engine is running or you will get errors.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 11:57 PM   #8
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

I have a ODBLink LX. It doesn't work with iOS but is designed for Android. Does BimmerCode work on Androids with this adapter. Maybe I can borrow my sons phone. We had this lying around. I'll probably get one for iPhone eventually.
      03-25-2019, 07:44 AM   #9
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by saporitj View Post
I have a ODBLink LX. It doesn't work with iOS but is designed for Android. Does BimmerCode work on Androids with this adapter. Maybe I can borrow my sons phone. We had this lying around. I'll probably get one for iPhone eventually.
Here is a list of the supported adapters for both iOS and Android:

http://www.bimmercodeapp.com/adapters/
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 03:14 AM   #10
renmar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 G30 xDrive 520d

ODBLink LX works like a charm with an Android phone and BimmercodeApp
(upgraded from Veepeak)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 01:42 AM   #11
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by renmar View Post
ODBLink LX works like a charm with an Android phone and BimmercodeApp
(upgraded from Veepeak)
Got LX version to work tonight. Secret was turn on airplane mode then turn on Bluetooth. Finally have car running or in diagnostics mode. Just wanted to look around before I bought a MX+ and iOS version. Like ODBLink products as you can also use their app. I can finally see battery voltage. Don't know how to see that info in iDrive.