BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding coding all doors to unlock when opening driver's door with engine on

04-25-2020, 05:10 AM   #1
florinant93
Rep
Drives: 2022 745Le LCI, 2023 530e LCI

Unhappy coding all doors to unlock when opening driver's door with engine on

Right, so I'm having a bit of an "issue" that I can't get my head around. On all the other cars I had before the bimmer, when I would come to a full stop, put the car in park and opened the driver's door, all the other doors would unlock automatically including the boot. The G30 only seems to unlock all the doors while opening the driver's door only when the engine is off, and I'm wondering if I can code them to open with the engine on too. This is not something that can be controlled directly from iDrive. Yes, I know I can adjust the settings so the car wouldn't automatically lock the doors while driving away, but I don't want to drive around with unlocked doors. The reason why I want this is because I have to reach into the boot quite often while having the engine on and 90% of the time I forget to press the unlock button on the door to unlock them manually, which is really annoying (I know, first world issues). Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #2
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
In iDrive there is a setting to set the car to unlock at the end of a trip. This works exactly as you intend it to work.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 2.24.37 PM.png
Views: 443
Size:  60.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
florinant93
Rep
Drives: 2022 745Le LCI, 2023 530e LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
In iDrive there is a setting to set the car to unlock at the end of a trip. This works exactly as you intend it to work.

Attachment 2294477
this says exactLy what I've written already but I will give you the benefit of doubt that you haven't read the whole post . I want all the doors to open upon opening the drivers door WHILE I HAVE THE ENGINE ON, not after I turn my engine off.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #4
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by florinant93 View Post
this says exactLy what I've written already but I will give you the benefit of doubt that you haven't read the whole post . I want all the doors to open upon opening the drivers door WHILE I HAVE THE ENGINE ON, not after I turn my engine off.
Ah I see. I did read the post, but missed that detail it seems.

Likely due to me having an "e" car it does this already, but the caveat being I'm not able to open the driver's door and have the car on without putting it into some special mode which also unlocks all the doors ironically.

I thought all of them would act the same way (the driver's door turning the car off and putting it in park and all that jazz), but I guess not.

Maybe someone else has details. Sorry for the diversion!
Appreciate 0