BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Shadowline vs Chrome Line Exterior?

07-26-2017, 12:38 AM   #1
hypephb
Rep
Drives: 2004 325Ci

Shadowline vs Chrome Line Exterior?

Hi all, I just placed an order for a new 5 series, and I'm curious about something. What's the difference between the Shadowline trim and the Chrome line? Is it just the windows and door sill, or is does it include the air vents on the side, too? What about the exhaust tips?

I was under the impression that the Shadowline trim only came with the M Sport package, but it seems my order has it, and I'm not ordering the M Sport package...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 05:35 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

it may be market specific. in the UK, msport comes with shadowline by default.The airvent will match that colour as well. No idea about exhausts though.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 07:44 AM   #3
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3

It's marketspecific. Your pricebook should tell you which parts ar Chrome or Black. In the Netherlands the shadowline are the parts around the windows and mirrors are black. The air breather is black for the sportline and M-sport packages.
Round exhaust black only Sportline.M-sport has no round exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 06:11 AM   #4
Flyingscotsman
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520d se

I ordered mine (uk se model) with shadowline, and going by the info in the Configurator and the picture, the window surrounds, door mirror base and wing vents are black, not sure about the exhaust tips though
Appreciate 0