BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Gym Talk! Daily gym related talk

09-11-2019, 04:20 PM   #1167
hogwldfltr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Back day! so this morning I was at the gym and had a pretty awesome back workout. towards the end of my workout there's this pretty cute chick that I'm friends with was doing flat bench press and she asked me to spot her since she was lifting more than she normally does. she had 35's on each side and she was able to rep out 2 of them. i was impressed and she really wanted to know if she can do 135lb and I told her go for it! now this chick is pretty cute like I mentioned but not only that she loves to wear just a sports bra and her gym shark yoga pants. she's a redhead and stands only 5'1 and probably weighs oh I dunno 110lbs? maybe 115? anyways i'm spotting her and i'm sorta distracted cause i'm staring down her abs to her crotch to where I can clearly see the outline of her thong. It was killing me as I can clearly see her snatch. I mean...it was camel toe action! i'm hoping she didn't see me staring but anyways she was able to get one complete rep and as I help her rerack the barbell she jumps up and hugs me with excitement but i'm hugging her with my ass out just so she doesn't feel my crotch as there would have been a surprise for her. anyways, I thought it was a very interesting workout this morning. thank god it's Whackoff Wednesday tomorrow!
I'm definitely doing the wrong exercises at the wrong gym.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #1168
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Alright boys heading off to the gym for an early workout...its leg day!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #1169
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Alright boys heading off to the gym for an early workout...its leg day!
What is your leg routine ?
And do u think deadlifts count as a leg exercise?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 10:22 AM   #1170
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I've lost 4 lbs think I'm dying here boys
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #1171
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

When I (ride/use/do?) the elliptical at home, I break out a swim chamois to wipe myself down and keep the sweat out of my eyes. I'm considering measuring the output to see how much I need to put back afterwards.

I'm not in a survival situation, but can/should I just squeeze that back into my mouth????
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #1172
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
What is your leg routine ?
And do u think deadlifts count as a leg exercise?
Warm ups on the leg press. Than heavy squats, hack squats, hamstring curls on the machines, isolation hamstring curls, leg extensions and donkey raises, and seated calf raises. 20 min on the elliptical as I heard that helps with a leg workout recovery.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
overcoil3068.50
      09-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #1173
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Are you looking for a response to the first part or is it all a joke? I can't tell lol. Drink water until your piss is near clear, no need to measure the output you maniac haha

As for drinking your own sweat thats just extra sodium in your diet, no need
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:37 AM   #1174
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Are you looking for a response to the first part or is it all a joke? I can't tell lol. Drink water until your piss is near clear, no need to measure the output you maniac haha

As for drinking your own sweat thats just extra sodium in your diet, no need
1/2 joke, you should be able to figure out which.

By the time I get back to clear piss, I've spent a decent time dehydrated. Measuring the actual output gives me a minimum amount to put back. I knocked back 20 oz last night after I cooled down.

Seriously though, is it "extra" sodium if I'm just recycling it?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #1175
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I've lost 4 lbs think I'm dying here boys
I think I found it! This morning I was 2lbs shy of 200lbs on the dot.

Progress is going nicely, and it's about time to up my calories again as my weight increase has slowed down to about a 1/2lb per week. Still have 4 abs showing prominently, and the bottom 2 barely visable when I first wake up.

But everything is starting to ramp up, and I'm back at the heavier weights. I've been cutting back in volume, but increasing frequency. Getting about 3 days between hitting the same bodypart again just to switch things up, and really like it. I'm at 6 days a week, so every two weeks at least one body part gets an extra day of rest. I use that extra day to push my 1RM numbers.

God I love bulking!!!!
      09-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #1176
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

L
e
g

d
a
y
!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #1177
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Last night's swim was BRUTAL. Not in a good way.

I'm about 4 strokes from finishing my 1100, and suddenly the left CALF cramps up. As I cough my way to the side of the pool, the right CALF joins in on the fun. I had to drag my way out of the water, but was unable to stand up. I'm dying there on teh side of the pool, using the coping to try and press out the cramp, when the tiny muscles all along my IT band start twitching. I'm in a bad way, but trying to be cool about it. Took almost 5 minutes before I could finally relax both legs enough that I could attempt to stand. Hobbeled to the drinking fountain for a significant injection of water, then limped my way into the jacuzzi for about 10 minutes.

Home for a large does of mag/pot, along with 20oz bottle of LiquidIV.

I'm supposed to start soccer tonight, still not sure I'll be able to play. . .

SWIMMING and I get calf cramps - smh
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #1178
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Social Butterflies! I have no idea why they come to the gym? all they do is make their rounds bugging people and interrupting them. this one guy for the 1.5 hours I was there did not do one exercise except talk to people
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:25 PM   #1179
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Fuck me I managed to drop a 45lb plate on my foot. Think I got lucky but its swollen across the back end of toes where meet the foot.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #1180
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fuck me I managed to drop a 45lb plate on my foot. Think I got lucky but its swollen across the back end of toes where meet the foot.
Rookie
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 12:11 AM   #1181
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Right, I'm lucky I didnt up my shoe size by 2.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 01:40 AM   #1182
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That sucks. I did it once years ago, but it was from walking by a piece of equipment that had a plate leaning on....and I bumped it. I was pissed....first at whoever put it there, second at myself for not watching where I was walking apparently!

Fooking hurts!!!
      09-14-2019, 11:05 AM   #1183
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah from about waist high feels shitty but dont think anything broken, got lucky. Was doing weighted dips with belt and set the 45 on a wood block, tried to step out of the belt and chain rather than unclip, caught foot and pulled down onto my own foot. Wife saw whole thing I was laying there for a while but didnt make a sound, felt stupid.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #1184
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

It's back Day ! Feeling good and already feel my skin tingling from the pre workout. Hope there's no hot chicks to distract me but the other side of me hope's its yoga heaven
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-17-2019, 06:00 AM   #1185
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's back Day ! Feeling good and already feel my skin tingling from the pre workout. Hope there's no hot chicks to distract me but the other side of me hope's its yoga heaven
I had back this morning. But at 3:00am...I pretty much had the gym to myself. I rarely get to check out the women unless it's Saturday, and my wife is wanting me to wait on her to go when she gets up.

On a side note...I was north of 200lbs this morning for the first time since around February. Weighed 201 at my "check in".

Now if I can keep the weight moving like that, but keep my waist staying the same....I am good.

But I getting ready to have to break out my "winter" pants as my legs are starting to fit to tightly in my "summer" pants. Only thing that sucks about that is that I have to cinch the waist up to almost my last notch on my belt...so it bunches up the way my shirts fit.
      09-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #1186
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So on a side note about my back workout.

A few weeks ago, I had started having some left shoulder pains. It didn't feel rotator cuff related, just felt pain when I would reach for a weird angle or something. Sometimes in the front, sometimes in the rear.

So during back day, heavy dead-lifts came back up in my rotation. On my last and heaviest set with 405lbs, on rep #4 I feel a hard pop in that shoulder when I get to the very top of the movement and retract my scapulae.

I finish the set, but think to myself I probably screwed up now.

Imagine my surprise when I set the bar down, and now my shoulder doesn't hurt anymore. I tested it all day yesterday and this morning, and while I have DOMS from the exercise...my shoulder doesn't hurt at all.

I'm wondering if I did something a few weeks ago that partially dislocated it, and the weight on dead-lifts pulled it back into place.

Odd.
      09-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #1187
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm wondering if I did something a few weeks ago that partially dislocated it, and the weight on dead-lifts pulled it back into place.

Odd.
I'm thinking you need to go to El Salvador (Personal joke in my family, el sobador) and have it checked out. I jammed my pinky playing goalie on Friday and told the wife she needs to take me to El Salvador. He checked it, no dislocation found. Did actually "pop" it while he was massaging, immediate reduction in pain/pressure on that knuckle, then sent home to do Epsom salt soaks. SO MUCH BETTER, and only cost me $20.

Wife had called all her family looking for a recommendation, they all replied with one she doesn't like, so she asked Google. I was surprised how many choices there were!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #1188
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Legs with 2 messed up feet is a bitch. Toes are all black and yellow on one foot. Other foot thing hyperextended a toe bent backwards feels like damn gout or some shit
Appreciate 0