BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Apple car play

03-23-2019, 04:50 AM   #1
nunosa
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 2018 G31

Apple car play

Hi

Anyone bought this?

BMW EVO ID5 ID6 Apple CarPlay Full Screen Coding via USB https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312529628259

Full screen apple car play for 30 pounds

Talk to the guy, told me that no problem do it and if the car go again to service no problem with gps like some people are saying that usb upgrade car play willl broke gps when the dealer will upgarde moduke and only have to do it again with usb...

What do you think ...i really want to put applecar but dont want problems if car go to service and gps stop working...
      03-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunosa View Post
Hi

Anyone bought this?

BMW EVO ID5 ID6 Apple CarPlay Full Screen Coding via USB https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312529628259

Talk to the guy, told me that no problem do it and if the car go again to service no problem with gps like some people are saying that usb upgrade car play willl broke gps when the dealer will upgarde moduke and only have to do it again with usb...

What do you think ...i really want to put applecar but dont want problems if car go to service and gps stop working...
Depends on what version of firmware you have on your car now. I can't remember which version disabled flashing via USB.

Plus Amaretto on this forum can code it for you. Not sure I would trust someone from eBay.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #3
nunosa
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 2018 G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Hi

Anyone bought this?

Depends on what version of firmware you have on your car now. I can't remember which version disabled flashing via USB.

Plus Amaretto on this forum can code it for you. Not sure I would trust someone from eBay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Hi

Anyone bought this?

Yes

I have already talk with him..

Sure one of the best choices...just seing others options cheaper...
      03-27-2019, 03:17 AM   #4
renmar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 G30 xDrive 520d

nunosa

pls put an update when you make it work !
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 02:58 AM   #5
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Carplay and/or Fullscreen can easily be added. The only requirement is minimum software level.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #6
richiemail
Private
Rep
Drives: X4 M40d (G02) LCI

With full screen CarPlay coding, is it possible to change the side of the screen the home button and recent apps appears on? Most CarPlay cars allow you to select, but BMW puts it on the left, which in a right hand drive car makes it quite a stretch...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 02:16 AM   #7
O5carBrav0
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Carplay and/or Fullscreen can easily be added. The only requirement is minimum software level.
Hi Almaretto,

Can you PM me about doing this for me??
Appreciate 0