BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) The GOAT VR46 cheating death...insane

08-18-2020, 09:20 PM   #23
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i believe that was the best seat you can get at Laguna Seca even though you were standing..

i wanted to do few laps there back in October but they told me they only rent the track for full day and i need to pay like $8-10k or something i ve said ok..
There's different promoters renting out the track every weekend damn near for HPDE's(high performance driving events), they charge anywhere from $250 to $500 for a full day, which is 5 or so 20 minute sessions
Appreciate 1
yco5720.50
      08-19-2020, 12:37 AM   #24
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
You said 20 years back and my jaw hit the floor. I remember that like it was yesterday, nearly 20 years ago!

Good grief we get old fast.
yeah same here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
There's different promoters renting out the track every weekend damn near for HPDE's(high performance driving events), they charge anywhere from $250 to $500 for a full day, which is 5 or so 20 minute sessions
uhh.. well wish i knew it before..
      08-19-2020, 01:40 AM   #25
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I used to own a motorcycle trackday company. It always cracked me up when people would pay a couple hundred bucks for one of those silly parade laps at Laguna Seca when you can ride for a whole day for not a lot more.

We did three 20 minute sessions an hour, rotating between the A group (licensed racers and super fast riders), B group (fast intermediates) and C group (I bought a motorcycle that will break any speed limit in the USA in first gear... WTF do I do with it?). Riders got seven sessions a day: three in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 01:43 AM   #26
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i believe that was the best seat you can get at Laguna Seca even though you were standing..
Photographers always wanted to shoot from there. I would only let one in at a time... and made them promise to send me their best shot.
Appreciate 2
yco5720.50