BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions LCI Msport w/ tow hook front plate pics?

01-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #1
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

LCI Msport w/ tow hook front plate pics?

Hey Everyone,

I've got a 2021 M550i LCI that I took delivery on in December. It doesn't have the front bumper drilled yet, since it's on a rear only temp tag from an out of state dealer.

Was debating whether to go with a SkeneMount or a tow hook style from one of the companies.

Hoping a few of you LCI 5 series owners with an M sport bumper could share a pic or two of your car with that tow hook setup. Would give me an idea of if I liked how it looked or not before ordering a frame or drilling holes!

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 12:38 AM   #2
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

I'll +1 this request! I actually didn't ask my dealer not to the front tags on but my CA pulls the holders and screws out of the trunk and shows it to me. Said.. I told them not to drill them for you. Thought you might not want it. Hah! Now I'm trying to figure out the same. Been driving around a two days now with no front plate. I guess asking to get pulled over here in VA. Would love to see some pics/fitment/experience on this too.

My CA mentioned the tow hook attached plates can interfere with sensors sometimes. Wondering if people could comment on that too.
Appreciate 1
hoyas490131.50
      01-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
I'll +1 this request! I actually didn't ask my dealer not to the front tags on but my CA pulls the holders and screws out of the trunk and shows it to me. Said.. I told them not to drill them for you. Thought you might not want it. Hah! Now I'm trying to figure out the same. Been driving around a two days now with no front plate. I guess asking to get pulled over here in VA. Would love to see some pics/fitment/experience on this too.

My CA mentioned the tow hook attached plates can interfere with sensors sometimes. Wondering if people could comment on that too.
I'm thinking I'm going to order the US Millworks lightened plate holder with the quick disconnect.

My buddy has one on his 330xi, and the lightened one has more positioning options to avoid sensors.

If no one else is running them right now on LCI's I might bite the bullet and install it in a week or two (wife having tonsillectomy this week so we're not going anywhere anytime soon haha - plus I'm still on temp tags)

But if you, or anyone else with an LCI, happens to feel so inclined to buy one too and post pics, that would be awesome
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:12 PM   #4
Scotty B
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 M550

Front plate requirements suck. So do anti radar detector states.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #5
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty B View Post
Front plate requirements suck. So do anti radar detector states.
Lol.. only one state and the District bans radar detectors! It is a bit strange. I'm debating just pressing my luck without the front tag. It's not a moving violation if pulled over but then it probably invites further inspection of tint etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 06:53 AM   #6
goat milk
Private
Rep
Drives: g30 LCI

You have any idea how to pop out the tow hook cover on the LCI? I've pressed on the arrow but it's not popping out. Where should pop in a tiny screwdriver to force it out? I don't want to break a tab
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 06:54 AM   #7
goat milk
Private
Rep
Drives: g30 LCI

Also, I'm thinking about going with the platypus mount for the plate. I've heard it doesn't affect the sensors.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 12:00 PM   #8
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat milk View Post
Also, I'm thinking about going with the platypus mount for the plate. I've heard it doesn't affect the sensors.
I was looking at the platypus but my hesitation is that they don't mention a lot of adjustability. Whereas the USMillworks has the lightened one with a few points for mounting so you can adjust it to avoid sensors. Also like their quick disconnect option for when I want to wash the car.

But really just hoping someone else has done these installs already to share a pic or two. Won't be ordering or putting plates on my car for another few weeks, so no rush on my end
Appreciate 0