BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications G30 steering rack

09-10-2022, 07:19 AM   #1
AAJ
Oman
Rep
Drives: 2019 g30 540i

G30 steering rack

Hi,
I have 2019 540i
While driving I get "increased steering effort" caution. After testing, found that the steering rack is a bit damaged.
I have been looking for a rack for 2 months now!
Couldn't find one with the same part number.
Mine has integral steering and I believe the rack is different from the standard one.
Can anyone help where to find a rack for a reasonable price? I'm not from the US and I want to buy it and have it shipped to my country.

Appreciate your help
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 07:02 PM   #2
H_T
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m550i

Garage List
2021 BMW m550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAJ View Post
Hi,
I have 2019 540i
While driving I get "increased steering effort" caution. After testing, found that the steering rack is a bit damaged.
Mine has integral steering and I believe the rack is different from the standard one.
Can anyone help where to find a rack for a reasonable price? I'm not from the US and I want to buy it and have it shipped to my country.

Appreciate your help
Thank you
Not sure where you are shipping to, have you tried checking realoem.com for the part numbers, and checking ECStuning.com or fcpeuro.com (or calling a bmw dealer)?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 11:28 PM   #3
cna90
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 540ix with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAJ View Post
Hi,
I have 2019 540i

Appreciate your help
Thank you
I'll try contacting bmw. Your car is still under warranty. Although you might not be available in your country, I've heard good stories about BMW shipping it to you and covers the cost of install as well. I think you only need to pay for shipping.
Worth a call if you ask me.
Online, best places to buy it from are fcpeuro and esctuninng
Appreciate 0