BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Auto Stop/Start problems

01-18-2024, 10:51 AM   #67
BMWKLG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinoGregorio View Post
Does anyone else have an overly aggressive Auto Stop/Start system? Mine will kill the engine while the car is still rolling up to 3MPH. This is extremely frustrating when trying to creep into a parking spot. As the engine dies, the car lurches to a stop as there is no more engine torque pushing it forward. Natural inclination is to release brake making the engine fire right back up causing the car to lurch forward because there is no longer enough brake force to restrain it.
Oh yes. One of the banes of my existence. Thankfully you can disable AS/S in Bimmercode. I haven't gotten around to it but use the off button. My M550 is not my DD.
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337337.50
      01-18-2024, 12:21 PM   #68
arkhi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
This is exactly what I wrote earlier.
The DME detects any over boost or excessive timing and uses the OTA capabilities to send those parameters to the BMW cloud.

The DME controls and modifies EVERY electrical component on our cars.
So yes, you're correct that changing LED light colors does go through the DME, but that does not mean that BMW is "saving" of "flagging" that in any way to potentially void someone's warranty. They are more interested in finding out who is tuning their car and causing damages.
The day I met my SA, he advised me not to tune the car as BMW is now watching. Oddly enough, HE was the one who first introduced me to "coding" the car to my preferences.
To add to this: specifically service/fault code "S0777 SUSPICION OF ENGINE TUNING" pops up from ISTA (it's not a DTC), and it's specifically for tuning.

Here are some people who wrote theories on it: https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthre...=68755&page=11
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337337.50
      01-18-2024, 12:35 PM   #69
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Finally, informing owners of a risk is totally fine, but you are wrong on this one. So spreading false information or misinterpreting information that I am sure was genuinely born out of ignorance on your part, needs to be corrected. I know you mean well.

In terms of SquareWheels Service Advisor, we all know that idiot SA's can talk out of their ass. Ask my seasoned 20+ year veteran SA the same question on will coding off ASS void my warranty and you will get the opposite, correct, answer, after she finished laughing at the question.
We don't know exactly what BMW is checking for or if they'll update it to include stuff tomorrow that it doesn't include today. Owners are now aware of this being a thing.

But I absolutely don't have a care for what anyone else does to their car.
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337337.50