BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions M sport brake noise when auto hold is enabled

01-12-2024, 06:23 PM   #1
umb2021
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E

M sport brake noise when auto hold is enabled

Hello all

For you guys, who use auto feature, when you come to a stop - do you hear a faint noise from outside rear of the car? It’s of course louder when the windows are down.

Details:

I have a 530E with the m sport package.

Recently I have noticed a faint sound/noise from the outside of the car when coming to a stop and with auto hold enabled.

It sounds like some kind of electromechanical pump/lock/ and sounds like a grrr, grrr. I think it’s coming from the rear brakes.

When I do NOT use the auto hold feature, and come to a stop, I don’t hear the noise/sound.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 07:59 AM   #2
NateM15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

23 m550 does the same thing, but you have to really be listening for it.

As I understand, the autohold is using the emergency brake, so you should be able to recreate the noise if you turn the auto hold off, and set the emergency brake with the car in neutral. These steps would prove it.

As for a fix, not sure on that one with mine being so new. But at least you have a good idea where to look.
Appreciate 1