BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Exhaust Flap Auto Open and Close

02-11-2024, 02:39 PM   #1
jumaiza
Rep
Drives: 2017 540iX

Exhaust Flap Auto Open and Close

Has anyone managed to find a way to keep the exhaust valve closed in comfort but have it automatically open when switching to sport/sport+? And vice versa so it closes when you switch back to comfort. I have mhd and I kept the exhaust valve closed and enabled "exhaust valve always open in sport mode" but it didnt do the trick and I have to open it manually from the cruise control menu. Any help or insight would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 02:50 PM   #2
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumaiza View Post
Has anyone managed to find a way to keep the exhaust valve closed in comfort but have it automatically open when switching to sport/sport+? And vice versa so it closes when you switch back to comfort. I have mhd and I kept the exhaust valve closed and enabled "exhaust valve always open in sport mode" but it didnt do the trick and I have to open it manually from the cruise control menu. Any help or insight would be appreciated!
You can get controllers that allow you to program this, but IMO it isn't worth it, as you'll pay something for it and the sound won't change much.

Noise regulations in many countries have pushed manufacturers to where they are.

The best approach would be to get a decent sports exhaust while you still can. BMW's own back box from the G30/31 Power and Sound kit is one of the nicest, and it ain't that pricy.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 07:02 AM   #3
snoopdizzyman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 bmw 530i

I’m new to this forum and recently purchased my first bmw. It is a 2021 bmw 530i with m sport package. I have question : is the stock exhaust flap only on passenger side ? Or should I be having on both sides?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 07:43 AM   #4
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdizzyman View Post
I’m new to this forum and recently purchased my first bmw. It is a 2021 bmw 530i with m sport package. I have question : is the stock exhaust flap only on passenger side ? Or should I be having on both sides?
Exhaust flap is only on one side so at least 1 pipe is open. If it were on both sides and closed the gas wouldn't escape!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 07:46 AM   #5
snoopdizzyman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 bmw 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Exhaust flap is only on one side so at least 1 pipe is open. If it were on both sides and closed the gas wouldn't escape!
Haha thank you! Makes sense, sorry kinda new to this stuff! Appreciate it.
Appreciate 1
Alscoob2119.00