BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2018 530i HELP with volume issue

01-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #1
livinlife
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 530i

2018 530i HELP with volume issue

I have a 2018 530i sport line not m sport but sport line. just got it and curious on few things:

1. if volume all the way up with music and seatbelt ding starts after u stop it automatically lowers volume bars halfway down ( I know the volume you hear goes down when it dings) but I didn't know it lowers it overall so when it stop dinging its still halfway down in the volume control instead of full max bars that I had it. or is this maybe a software issue with me?

2. mpg on this car is driving me crazy. took it in service for a backup camera issue and I guess did control unit update which I'm guessing reset a lot of settings back to factory settings I noticed but mpg changed it was showing me in high 20s before update and now 17-18s. and when I filled up after shop to max my overall miles to empty were 460 and today 5 days later I filled up its 380? how does this work?

3. never knew about sound sensitive volume issue and how it works but I want to make sure its disabled or on lowest so it doesn't intefere with music in future

4. the start stop thing is driving crazy because u have to turn it off everytime the car starts, other than coding it off with someone any other bypass, and if I code it can it harm my car system in any negative ways?

5. and final the speakers I relized base stern sucks at max..... not harmon..... base.... it crackles on max volume on some songs.... had tech check it and tried 4 other 530i all do it.... I'm guessing this is bmw new system are cheap.... I wish I can upgrade to harmon in my car but they said not possible due to the wiring and etc. only thing I heard is about BAV SOUND. DIDDNT HEAR too much positive for the $ and labor not much of a diff.

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 12:42 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

1 no doubt by design
2 fuel range is based upon recent driving. So recent easy driving will show a longer range .
4 coding really only way round but saw someone suggest this which is a good idea. Customise sport mode as all comfort settings and the thing with this mode is that ASS is disable by default.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #3
livinlife
Second Lieutenant
Rep

so the by not putting seatbelt and gong going off with volume all the way it drops it to 50% on volume bar is normal? I tested it many times and it does it overtime
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
livinlife
Second Lieutenant
Rep

anyone else?
Appreciate 0