BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Air Conditioning

07-19-2017, 07:26 PM   #111
Motorboat411
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbunkle22 View Post
Thanks, but it's almost impossible to read at that size.
It basically says that the issue is under investigation and to use Manual Mode for now.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #112
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Just got the car back from the update. The air conditioner seems like a completely different animal now. Air blowing out the front vents was much more forceful than before update. I put upper control all the way to blue, put my hand under the steering wheel and No Hot Air. Maybe they fixed it. It is 90 degrees and humid and I was actually cool in the car at 66 degrees and 2nd bar on auto. If your having problems, go get the update. They had my car for 1.5 days, I am guessing they erased everything and started from scratch.

P.S. My car was built in early feb and this is first update the dealership did. The dealership said 3 updates have been sent to dealership since I picked up my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #113
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Fanatic View Post
Update for anyone that might be interested.

Heard from my SA today. He said that parts were on order from Germany, a new condenser and radiator. I believe he said a new, larger radiator vs what was currently on the car. Perhaps I misunderstood.

He said the parts were going to be here on the 21st with another day to install, then they would like to keep the car for a day or two to test it.

While I appreciate the effort involved, not sure about how I feel having a car that may have a different radiator than any other car of the same model.

Am I over thinking this?

Anyway, by this time my car will have been in the shop for about a quarter of the time that I have owned it.
Get the newest software update before you start ripping out condensors and radiators. Ask for car back and try it while they are waiting for parts to come in. The update changed my AC system significantly.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #114
911Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve090619 View Post
Get the newest software update before you start ripping out condensors and radiators. Ask for car back and try it while they are waiting for parts to come in. The update changed my AC system significantly.
Yeah - too late, of course the parts came in early and they installed them this morning.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #115
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Fanatic View Post
Yeah - too late, of course the parts came in early and they installed them this morning.
Did you notice any difference on drive home? With the update, I definitely noticed a difference but you may already have update. My car was built in early feb, I even have auto trunk close button.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 06:34 PM   #116
abrx
Rep
Drives: Mazda6

Have any of you guys tried pushing these buttons? they seemed to helpe me a lot.
Attached Images

Last edited by abrx; 07-20-2017 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: picture size
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #117
rekkk
Rep
Drives: 530

Living in Florida the AC in my 530 sucks. It's always on MAX which is annoyingly loud. I am always using the BMW app to ventilate the car before I get to it. Seems like the AC blows hard behind the screen for some reason and it hits the windshield.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #118
Motorboat411
Private
Rep

Quote:
Just got the car back from the update. The air conditioner seems like a completely different animal now. Air blowing out the front vents was much more forceful than before update. I put upper control all the way to blue, put my hand under the steering wheel and No Hot Air. Maybe they fixed it. It is 90 degrees and humid and I was actually cool in the car at 66 degrees and 2nd bar on auto. If your having problems, go get the update. They had my car for 1.5 days, I am guessing they erased everything and started from scratch.

P.S. My car was built in early feb and this is first update the dealership did. The dealership said 3 updates have been sent to dealership since I picked up my car.
Do you know Service Bulletin number etc that I can provide my SA? Which I-Step did they update your car too?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #119
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:

That's great news. Really glad to hear it. I did notice that the upper vent just ahead of the windshield was not blowing any air when I was set to automatic mode it only blew air from that vent when I was on max air or manual with the upper zone active. I'm hoping this update resolve that problem because that illiminates the hot head feeling. Can you verify that cool air is coming out of the vents along the windshield at the edge of the dash when in automatic mode? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #120
911Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i MSport

Quote:
Did you notice any difference on drive home? With the update, I definitely noticed a difference but you may already have update. My car was built in early feb, I even have auto trunk close button.
They are still testing it. I don't have not driven it yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #121
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Seems maybe that 4zone AC doesnt have that problems?

People here with it and me also said that with 4zone no problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 11:55 PM   #122
deviers
Rep
Drives: F10 530D 2011, G30 530D ordere

I have a 4 zone and its weak. I have an 530D and i asked for a test drive with a 540i and it was completely different, way better! So now im sure that my car is faulty. Eary april build.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 12:34 AM   #123
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviers View Post
I have a 4 zone and its weak. I have an 530D and i asked for a test drive with a 540i and it was completely different, way better! So now im sure that my car is faulty. Eary april build.
I have 540xdrive + 4 ac, 30.6. made in factory - Graz.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 01:12 AM   #124
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:

Good to hear they fixed it finally for good
Happy Cool Driving
      07-21-2017, 05:26 AM   #125
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboat411 View Post
Do you know Service Bulletin number etc that I can provide my SA? Which I-Step did they update your car too?
i brought the car in for something else, my key fob does not hold auto ac setting when switching keys, unfortunaly that is still not working correctly. This update was not for AC Problem but whatever they did in this update seemed to fix my problem. The update just came out last week.

When I hit the sport button I now get 3 choices to choose. If you car does this, than you have the update. Sport, sport plus, sport plus individual and sport configuration. All this is new with the update.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 06:08 AM   #126
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

interesting. I wonder what else might have changed?
Anything different for comfort or eco pro modes?
Do you have to choose one of those options eveytime you hit sport then? IT doesn't just go to your preferred settings?

Hopefully new cars will have this, wonder if this is july buidls onwards. just waiting for mine which is on the ship as I type.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #127
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
interesting. I wonder what else might have changed?
Anything different for comfort or eco pro modes?
Do you have to choose one of those options eveytime you hit sport then? IT doesn't just go to your preferred settings?

Hopefully new cars will have this, wonder if this is july buidls onwards. just waiting for mine which is on the ship as I type.
I put in sport plus last night. This morning when i hit the sport button, it stayed in sport plus. I never use economy mode and comfort mode stayed the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #128
emre
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
i brought the car in for something else, my key fob does not hold auto ac setting when switching keys, unfortunaly that is still not working correctly. This update was not for AC Problem but whatever they did in this update seemed to fix my problem. The update just came out last week.

When I hit the sport button I now get 3 choices to choose. If you car does this, than you have the update. Sport, sport plus, sport plus individual and sport configuration. All this is new with the update.
When i hit the sport button i get 3 choices too (it says standard, plus and individual though) i set it to individual when i picked up the car and individual is automatically selected whenever i hit the sport button.

Never had an update. Build date was June 2nd. And i don't have any problem with the AC

Probably this update is older than 1 week and my car already got it during the build.

No popping/crackling sound either. Knock on wood

G30 540i xDrive M Sport MPPSK / BM3
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #129
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:

My car id Feb build as well. However is 520D .No AC problems or crackling sounds. However I am interested in the updates. UK guys/girls how do we approach this?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #130
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunRevn View Post
That's great news. Really glad to hear it. I did notice that the upper vent just ahead of the windshield was not blowing any air when I was set to automatic mode it only blew air from that vent when I was on max air or manual with the upper zone active. I'm hoping this update resolve that problem because that illiminates the hot head feeling. Can you verify that cool air is coming out of the vents along the windshield at the edge of the dash when in automatic mode? Thanks
side vents blowing much more, center vent is still weak, losing airflow from those vents to screen vents. Main Plus, No hot air on my feet today.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 09:16 PM   #131
Motorboat411
Private
Rep

Quote:

I get two options PLUS and Individual. The software on my car is from around April.

Btw, do you have Active Lane Assistant in your car? If so, then have you noticed improvement in it After the update? Mine bounces left-right in a straight lane, so I'm wondering whether that has been resolved as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 07:55 AM   #132
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I get two options PLUS and Individual. The software on my car is from around April.

Btw, do you have Active Lane Assistant in your car? If so, then have you noticed improvement in it After the update? Mine bounces left-right in a straight lane, so I'm wondering whether that has been resolved as well.
I didn't get that option.
Appreciate 0