BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board i've never been more pissed about getting off a ticket until tonight

12-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

i've never been more pissed about getting off a ticket until tonight

so i just got pulled over for phantom speeding. i literally turned right with a protected green arrow and went maybe 400 feet before i turned into the restaurant. i saw him coming and was wondering wtf did i do wrong? the speed limit on that road is 40mph, i was maybe going 30. why would i excessively accelerate to just have to slam on the brakes 2 seconds later? he comes to my window and asked me why i was going that fast? i am literally stupefied as to what he was talking about and i expressed it...the only reason i could have thought he would be pulling me over is because i rolled the right turn, but i had a green arrow, which i gladly pointed out. i've never been a fan of lying to cops and tell the truth whenever i get pulled over, i find more success with honesty than bullshitting with cops anyway, but this time i wasn't lying when i said i wasn't speeding. he accused me of doing "well over 40 because he had to go over 40 to catch me." WTF, dude, you had to catch up to me because you were way behind me to begin with! anyway, he gives me the license and insurance skit then the dumbass says "oh your registration is out, too." no it's not, it's a brand new car i've had it less than a year. takes him 2 looks to figure out he's wrong. but i don't press him too hard, i don't want him to give me a ticket out of spite or anything.

long story short, the cop walks back to his car, doesn't even get in to check anything, comes back to my window less than a minute later and says "everything checks out, have a good night" and disappears. i mean seriously, WTF! i wish i could have had an explanation to his logic, but i'm pretty sure he's just trolling for quota. oh by the way, i have a passport 9500i, it works very well, and never once chirped because the idiot wasn't running radar.

i still am literally dumbfounded to the reason why i was actually being pulled over, besides jealousy, hatred, or just cops being assholes. as soon as i left the restaurant, low and behold, he's got another person pulled over right across the street.

below is a quick and dirty illustration as to how far i'm talking about...i'm the black line, the cop is the red line.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
least you got away lol, I wasn't so lucky

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
least you got away lol, I wasn't so lucky
that's because you were drifting
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

I think they are jealous! THis shit happens to my wife all the time and she drives a C350, not an expensive car, but it looks like one and these idiots don't know! I can't wait until i get my m3, I will get pulled over all the time!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
the car. . .he wanted an up close look.
      12-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabalm18 View Post
I can't wait until i get my m3, I will get pulled over all the time!
pick and choose your spots to speed wisely. cops will notice the m3, it stands out in a crowd. i never speed in that town anyway for that very reason...cops in addison are vicious.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #7
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

Plus he knows the Cowboys lost and had a 50/50 chance you would be drunk!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #8
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Plus he knows the Cowboys lost and had a 50/50 chance you would be drunk!
he missed me by a few hours
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #9
Prodipper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2007 328i  [10.00]
Damn! You must have a real nice ride..... cops pull you over to get a closer look at your Beast. or End of the Month with quotas to meet. B you didn't get a ticket.
,BMW 328i,Arctic Metallic,M tech,Ram Dinan CAI,Bmw Performance Exhaust,Performance spark plugs,Black Line,Euroswitch,Xenon Conversion with HID KIT from Halogens, 199- 19" Star spoke,InteriorTerra Leather,Premium Cold weather package,Led Lights.New> M3 spoiler, angel eyes harness,corner delete MOD,Lux h8.0, LCI 09 Xenon headlights,BMW Performance auto shift knob+boot,vinyl roof,Oem M3 220 wheels.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #10
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Sucks man, I hate when cops harass people for seeminglyno reason. Are your windows tinted? Maybe he was just hoping you were doing something wrong and tried to catch you. Who knows.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #11
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

your exhaust stands out in a crowd!
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #12
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboXI View Post
Sucks man, I hate when cops harass people for seeminglyno reason. Are your windows tinted? Maybe he was just hoping you were doing something wrong and tried to catch you. Who knows.
Road Head perhaps? Was Addy with you?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #13
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboXI View Post
yes my windows are tinted, but that's not illegal here. not only that, but the inside of my car always remains spotless and odorless (well, except smell good stuff ). nothing to hide here
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #14
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
lol!
      12-28-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
hahahahdhsfhaskjdfahsdkjhgkjfldag.

addy is making IED's right now
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #16
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

here are some things to consider.
1st he has a few legitamate reasons to pull you over
1. isnt your exhast very loud?
2. no front plate
3. isnt your tint dark?

anyway he didnt give you a ticket so you should just be gratefull. His job is to secure the roads and he pulled you over and made sure everything was cool(ie your sober).
give the cop some respect.
also,cops have no quota.
the only time there is anything you would call a quota is if they are working a state funded detail that requires tickets to be writen.
      12-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #17
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

man i love/hate reading these stories. they're interesting but i get pissed off at the same time lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #18
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Blake....when you say I....you have to CAPITALIZE it.....as in... I think you should have gotten a ticket hahahah. I know you...don't play it all innocent, you were speeding like a MOFO trying to show off to some chix. From that black line you drew, you look like you were driving erratically lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #19
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

similar shit happened to me. i think cops sometimes pull you over first and then after they do, they wanna see what they can ticket you for. i was cruising in a 45mph zone (with 2 friends in the car) going about 40-45mph, definately not over the speed limit, and i stop at a redlight and notice its a cop behind me. then as soon as the light turns green he turns his lights on and so i pull over.

i was like wtf? even my friends were wondering what could have been wrong. he said i was doing 58 in a 45!!! such bullshit when my friends heard they were like "wtf?!?" and i just told them "shhh" because cops hate smart asses or people that are so confident (you gotta kinda kiss ass and play wuss in some cases. so i was like oh, uh ok (he didnt show a radar or anything) and then he looks back and fourth at the car real quick (while still at the window) and says that he can give me a ticket for tint and no front plate. hes lucky i didnt have a front plate because he didnt even look at my front bumper (would have been so nice if i DID have a front plate, talk about a slap in the face )

anyways i already typed a lot but lets just say i got let off with a warning.

i really think cops SOMETIMES pull over cars to get a closer look or to FIND something to pull you over for. dont be surprised if it happens, especially since its coming to the end of the year
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #20
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
here are some things to consider.
1st he has a few legitamate reasons to pull you over
1. isnt your exhast very loud?
2. no front plate
3. isnt your tint dark?

anyway he didnt give you a ticket so you should just be gratefull. His job is to secure the roads and he pulled you over and made sure everything was cool(ie your sober).
give the cop some respect.
also,cops have no quota.
the only time there is anything you would call a quota is if they are working a state funded detail that requires tickets to be writen.
1. yes, it's very loud, but i wasn't gunning it, i would have a hard time believing he heard it from where he came from to get to me.
2. no front plate, but if he pulled me over for that, i'm sure he would have said so.
3. my tint is dark, but by no means limo tint. you can see through it.

i am grateful he didn't give me a ticket, but at the same time, he didn't have a truly legitimate reason to cite me outside of the front plate. and by no means do i not respect the job that cops do, i don't respect the way some of them go about it. and yes, cops don't have set quotas, but smaller suburb cops have "goals"...one of my mother's good friends is a highland park cop. i've picked his brain before about different topics including quota. he unequivocally told me that they do receive "goals" that they want them to meet. he also said he thinks it's bullshit and wish he didn't have to write tickets because he absolutely hates it. most people get bent out of shape about getting tickets when they know they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar...he hates the argumentative ones and wishes he didn't have to write tickets entirely.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 10:03 PM   #21
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
1. yes, it's very loud, but i wasn't gunning it, i would have a hard time believing he heard it from where he came from to get to me.
2. no front plate, but if he pulled me over for that, i'm sure he would have said so.
3. my tint is dark, but by no means limo tint. you can see through it.

i am grateful he didn't give me a ticket, but at the same time, he didn't have a truly legitimate reason to cite me outside of the front plate. and by no means do i not respect the job that cops do, i don't respect the way some of them go about it. and yes, cops don't have set quotas, but smaller suburb cops have "goals"...one of my mother's good friends is a highland park cop. i've picked his brain before about different topics including quota. he unequivocally told me that they do receive "goals" that they want them to meet. he also said he thinks it's bullshit and wish he didn't have to write tickets because he absolutely hates it. most people get bent out of shape about getting tickets when they know they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar...he hates the argumentative ones and wishes he didn't have to write tickets entirely.
Another thing blake, at least in the U.S they need a reason to pull you over. Where I lived in Canada, if his ass is itchy, he'll pull you over. I say "why did you pull me over sir" he looks at me with disgust and says " because I wanted to" true story, happened in Toronto.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #22
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
wait a minute, wtf is going on

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0