BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

03-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #8537
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yeah! I like this advice dinonz - I'm going to build on it. My advice is to contact Ceasar Milan and get on his show to get your dog sorted. Best part of this is that you get your face out there to thousands (I originally typed millions, but then figured probably not for Caesar Milan) and you can maybe work in a little self deprecating story in there, laugh about it, work on being confident on camera and boom - free advertising for the Dinonz. Make sure to mention you are looking for your soulmate and a good way to contact you.

Caesar Milan - that's your ticket right there. Gotta be tons of women watching that show. And I mean that in the metric sense as well.
“As seen on Tv”
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
M5Rick60091.50
      03-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #8538
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Yeah! I like this advice dinonz - I'm going to build on it. My advice is to contact Ceasar Milan and get on his show to get your dog sorted. Best part of this is that you get your face out there to thousands (I originally typed millions, but then figured probably not for Caesar Milan) and you can maybe work in a little self deprecating story in there, laugh about it, work on being confident on camera and boom - free advertising for the Dinonz. Make sure to mention you are looking for your soulmate and a good way to contact you.

Caesar Milan - that's your ticket right there. Gotta be tons of women watching that show. And I mean that in the metric sense as well.
Shit.

This is why we are friends. This. Right. Here. Dammit. Your posts are starting to sound like mine back when I had a little bit of a personality.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
      03-23-2021, 01:42 PM   #8539
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six;27381709[B
]If you can make them laugh[/B], have decent hygiene, and aren't a macho douche the field is yours.
This.

I had the new one laughing so much she told me her stomach hurt for 2 days.

Laughter releases endorphins. Endorphines make one happy. They will associate you with being happy. Win.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
Buug95917423.00
      03-23-2021, 03:54 PM   #8540
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Girls on date sites play you like a fiddle.

Attachment 2560333
Just the ones on the dating sites???

I'm starting to feel like Charlie Daniels should be called in here.

Wait......a fiddle? Aren't you from Canada? I thought the instrument was a violin, unless you're from the south eastern U.S., then it's fiddle.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615283.00
      03-23-2021, 04:22 PM   #8541
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

The lady is semi-irish; fiddle. (also the Scottish term)
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Buug95917423.00
      03-23-2021, 04:30 PM   #8542
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Just the ones on the dating sites???

I'm starting to feel like Charlie Daniels should be called in here.

Wait......a fiddle? Aren't you from Canada? I thought the instrument was a violin, unless you're from the south eastern U.S., then it's fiddle.
Here's a good ol' boy from Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia on the fiddle. We call them Capers here and they're about as close to a redneck as you'll get in Canada.
Take a listen and let me know what you think.

Last edited by Buug959; 03-24-2021 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      03-23-2021, 08:07 PM   #8543
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
@dinonz, believe you are gen X so definitely leann into Rudi and MKs advice. While im genX as well, ive never had to do the online thing so cant help there, though i feel for anyone from our gen that has to deal with this new world order.
I'm 51 so I think that makes me Gen X. Not a boomer I know that.

Quote:
But, a few thoughts to highlight as others have pointed out, your confidence in yourself needs to shine to be successful- which by reading the bits and pieces seems to be the case in your professional life...so you need to focus the same energy that made you financially successful into your personal life. And that means everything you did to succeed, the prepartion to hone your skills, your approach to problem solving and on and on.
If you are not happy with some of the things about yourself that you can control -ie presentability, weight, tidiness and so on, that will be projected on anyone you are trying to approach so i do suggest you work that out regardless....just like knowing when you wear a suit to a power meeting so to speak. You dress for the part and in this case dressing is your entire presentability, you dont have to be “hot” to be cool.
Confidence is a major issue, but after having been knocked down most of the time for 51 years of my life, you become a little jaded. Ask someone who has been unemployed for 5 years and applying for 100s of jobs a month - you get to the point of "why bother".

Life can be a cruel thing. Most of my childhood I was teased, mocked or put down because of being smart. I remember one of the first parties I went to when I was about 16 that wasn't a "mums and kids birthday party" we were talking in groups out back where it was fairly dark. Having a nice chat with everyone there then someone asks something that triggers everyone to say their name as none of us really knew each other. As soon as I said my name - "Xxxx - you're that brainy bastard from the Boys College!!". I remember that because it's stuck with me for the last 35 years. Was like a kick in the nuts at the time, but that's my life. So I have very low expectations of people - meaning I expect them to stab me in the back or kick me when I'm down at some point. I can count true friends on one hand.

Quote:
Finally, great story on your dog- and very cute...But...reading that story makes me feel that you have a sure built in failure to any future relationship, so I recommend working that out asap. Say you get the right match online and make a real connection, you have a few dates and you finally get her to come to your home- to a dog that fiercly hates anyone but yourself! Boom! All that work destroyed in an instant- and that will absolutely happen if you take no action.
As it seems you have been successful, well hire a dog trainer, heck hire 2 if thats whats needed, but you cant have that as yet another obstacle and surely there is some trainer out there that can help you and the pup find some peace around other human beings...good luck
Yeah - one of the reasons I didn't want him is his issues, but I won't give up on him. I have contacted local trainers who believe 100% he can be trained out of it based on how sweet and lovely he is the rest of the time - he's not inherently nasty, he just has a lot of issues (owner protective issue is one - he tries to protect me, despite being less than 1/30 of my size - bless him!). But they advised taking him to a vet for certain tests, because they said there are actually known conditions that can cause this. So yes, I have to get him to a vet, which is a very exciting prospect given he hates everyone and every dog - that reception area will be fun!

And when I say he hates everyone, he hates everyone only at first - except kids. He hates them forever. They're just mobile dogfood to him. Most of my friends I tell them to sit on the couch, he's going to be excitable and agitated and flit back and forth between us for a bit, but give him 10 minutes and he'll be sitting on your lap. Just don't try to pat him until I say so, and if you offer a hand for him to sniff fold your fingers in out of the way. He does and will bite if he feels threatened. So far he's gotten to know 3 or 4 workmates who end up here occasionally, my detailer, my builder, and even 2 of my friends - one hates dogs, one hates small dogs, and both said he's really quite cute and sweet when he's quiet and over his shit. So he's a mixed bag - and just one more thing I have to deal with. Along with building a house, trying to title 4 cars all with small problems on the paperwork, keeping my friends alive, keeping the company rolling along, and not going totally insane. Dating is just another task I don't think I need right now hence my lack of interest in making the effort.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #8544
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Whilst I love your idea, you're barking up the wrong tree there. I don't want to be on TV - I have the perfect face for radio.

Even work have tried to get me to record videos talking about the technology and things we do, but aside from not wanting to be on camera, I don't think I've done anything special. Any number of people could have done the same thing, I just happened to be the one in the hot seat who decided to try.

Also, I'm not sure I like him or his methods. I've seen his dogs - they appears to be miserable and subservient. I've seen them walking behind them like they were walking the Green Mile. I know dogs are pack animals and need an alpha (which might be another issue - perhaps Jazz thinks he's more of a man than I am?) but his dogs look so defeated. When my dog runs up and leaps on my lap with a cheeky grin on his face and looks so pleased with himself, I know he's happy.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60091.50
      03-23-2021, 08:19 PM   #8545
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I guess macho wasn't the right word. At any rate, I felt it was out of line
9 posts you quoted pretty much said "red flag" or "run"... and you say it was "out of line".

You're telling me I should follow everyone's advice. Where was your "hell yeah everyone - I'll kick him to the curb"?

I think you're going to see him again right?
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
M5Rick60091.50
      03-24-2021, 03:38 AM   #8546
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Any number of people could have done the same thing, I just happened to be the one in the hot seat who decided to try.
Spoken like someone with genuine intelligence! You think it's easy and anyone could do it, but I'd be willing to bet that it's not. And even if it is easy, you are the one that did it successfully amongst many others who didn't.

Have pride in what you've done!
Appreciate 4
Buug95917423.00
King Rudi13154.00
dinonz3216.00
      03-24-2021, 06:42 AM   #8547
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
9 posts you quoted pretty much said "red flag" or "run"... and you say it was "out of line".

You're telling me I should follow everyone's advice. Where was your "hell yeah everyone - I'll kick him to the curb"?

I think you're going to see him again right?
I thought the same. Prove us wrong Sara. Show us that women aren't really attracted to men just because they are assholes. This looks like a perfect opportunity for a toxic relationship. "Everything was great until he punched the waiter in the face, for not offering water, on our first date."
Appreciate 2
dinonz3216.00
      03-24-2021, 06:43 AM   #8548
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
Here's a good ol' boy from Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia on the fiddle. We call them Capers here and they're about as close to a redneck as you'll get in Canada.
Take a listen and let me know what you think.

I'll have to check it out later sir. I'm at work, but will check it later.
Appreciate 1
Buug95917423.00
      03-24-2021, 07:20 AM   #8549
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
So yes, I have to get him to a vet, which is a very exciting prospect given he hates everyone and every dog - that reception area will be fun!
Our local animal hospital is still running COVID protocols. Everyone has to stay in their car, and they will come out with a leash and bring your pet inside. No waiting room, and you stay out in your car until they return your pet after they are done.

I don't know how this concept will work with your dog and strangers, but it might be worth checking with the vet about their opinion and options for skipping the waiting room.....
      03-24-2021, 07:24 AM   #8550
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Our local animal hospital is still running COVID protocols. Everyone has to stay in their car, and they will come out with a leash and bring your pet inside. No waiting room, and you stay out in your car until they return your pet after they are done.

I don't know how this concept will work with your dog and strangers, but it might be worth checking with the vet about their opinion and options for skipping the waiting room.....
I imagine the vet will have pet carriers for unruly patients. Jazz doesn't look very big in the photos, he's just huge in his own mind.
      03-24-2021, 08:45 AM   #8551
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
I imagine the vet will have pet carriers for unruly patients. Jazz doesn't look very big in the photos, he's just huge in his own mind.
My DW's dog is 15 pounds, but he fights with 150 pounds of attitude! He has no fear of deer, bears, or big dogs. Our biggest fear is that the knucklehead will take on a transient bear if we tie him out in the yard for a few minutes.

On the bright side, he loves being around strangers, and is the biggest flirt around women. Like I've said, he's the perfect wing-dog for a single guy looking to meet women. That's probably why my DW won't let me walk him alone.....
      03-24-2021, 09:21 AM   #8552
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
My DW's dog is 15 pounds, but he fights with 150 pounds of attitude! He has no fear of deer, bears, or big dogs. Our biggest fear is that the knucklehead will take on a transient bear if we tie him out in the yard for a few minutes.

On the bright side, he loves being around strangers, and is the biggest flirt around women. Like I've said, he's the perfect wing-dog for a single guy looking to meet women. That's probably why my DW won't let me walk him alone.....
I don't know, by the sounds of your health, your DW is just one "a heart aflutter" away from a life changing life insurance payout. I think she'd be letting you walk the dog...
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615283.00
UncleWede18031.00
      03-24-2021, 09:41 AM   #8553
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don't know, by the sounds of your health, your DW is just one "a heart aflutter" away from a life changing life insurance payout. I think she'd be letting you walk the dog...
I think that she's more concerned about losing her dog to a new mommy.....
Buug95917423.00
      03-24-2021, 10:06 AM   #8554
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Show us that women aren't really attracted to men just because they are assholes.
Many are.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      03-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #8555
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Many are.
Most are. It takes a strong-willed/minded woman to resist the urge of the asshole. It's almost as if they are hardwired to be attracted to this mentality. I've watched it happen my entire life. Mother, sister, ex's, friends, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #8556
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Most are.... I've watched it happen my entire life. Mother, sister, ex's, friends, etc.
Same.

Quote:
WOW...quite the wide brush.
We're just calling a spade a spade. It's unfortunate, but as a whole very true. The phrase "Nice guys finish last" came from somewhere, after all.

Quote:
Do you come from a dysfunctional family? ( I'm asking purely out of mental health concerns)
Define dysfunctional.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 11:19 AM   #8557
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
WOW...quite the wide brush. I must be quite unique then. Do you come from a dysfunctional family? ( I'm asking purely out of mental health concerns)
Why yes, the biggest brush I can find. Do I come from a dysfunctional family? Why yes, yes I do. Physically abusive father that shot himself during Christmas and I haven't seen or spoke to my mother but maybe 5 times total in the past 26 years. Considering my background, I feel that I am pretty astute when it comes to reading peoples personalities. As for my mental health, you can ask my therapist, but for those who know the story, the impression that I left on her......well, let's just say that my mental health isn't the first thing that crosses her mind when my name is mentioned.

I also feel like those that think they have their shit together should re-evaluate. I just call shit the way that I observe it. How else am I to form opinions?
Appreciate 3
      03-24-2021, 11:25 AM   #8558
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Many are.
It's the confidence they are attracted to, not the douche aspect of it. Assholes just happen to usually be confident.
Appreciate 1