BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Ad blue system failure

01-06-2024, 11:09 AM   #1
project101
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 5 SERIES

Ad blue system failure

Hi guys hope youÂ’re all well.

Recently had an ad blue system failure pop up on my car. Bit of a strange one..

So the ad blue system failure shows up on the dashboard and the I drive screen along with the engine management light. IÂ’ve checked my ad blue range and it had 4500 miles - 6 litres.

Whilst driving sometimes the error will disappear so when I go to the check control on the car it doesnÂ’t show up but intermittently will come back. Sometimes itÂ’s on sometimes itÂ’s off and shows no errors, during this the engine management light will stay on however.

Yesterday whilst driving both the error and the engine management light went off so I was slightly confused however it came back after a few hours.

I topped up the ad blue slightly to see if this changes anything, range went up to 6000 miles - 7 litres..

Car drives perfectly normal no change in performance etc.

Following codes have come up on the read out :

80527B - active tank, sent signal (pressure temperature) communication fault
8052cd - active tank, sent signal ( pressure temperature) communication fault.
8052df - scr system, cc message requirement ad blue system faulty
8052ef - metering interruption during diagnosis of a metering quantity deviation( metered quantity too high.

IÂ’ve been told itÂ’s easier to just delete the Adblue out the system but IÂ’m a little wary of this as I donÂ’t it to mess around with the car.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 06:02 AM   #2
Joe.Humphrey.UK
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D XDrive

I have the exact same issue.

I have just replaced mu enox sensor at £430 with labour. Fault didn't leave. Now this.

Had it into a local garage who say they believe it requires a new tank. A new tank is £718 so around £900 with VAT and then fitting.

However then garage said they would feel better if BMW diagnosed the fault due to the cost of parts to ensure the fault is rectified. They say once BMW diagnose then then can order parts and fit at a cheaper rate.

if it is the tank then I'm looking at a BMW diagnoses then a bill for around £900 for parts and a few hundred for labour to fit.

I feel rather sick!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 07:06 AM   #3
babyfaby
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 530D G30/Z4 E86 3.0SI/320i E30

Flush the AdBlue tank, then fill it partially with AdBlue and additive against cristallisation.
Give it a try for few miles. It could be cheaper than a tank replacement.
Appreciate 0