BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding iDrive 6 Issues - Post Service Appt.

12-25-2022, 08:00 PM   #1
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
iDrive 6 Issues - Post Service Appt.

So I got my 2019 G30 back from the dealership last week and they loaded the latest version of iDrive 6 (EVO Y). I had to recode all of my settings using BimmerCode which was not a big deal, but I now have two issues that were not present before:

(1) The "acoustic pedestrian protection" will not activate. The option exists in iDrive and it will not let me select “Activate.” I have tried hardcoding this in BimmerCode both ways and the iDrive screen does not show it activated. No error message either.

(2) The interior lighting “dimmed for night driving” setting does not actually do anything when selected. This worked fine before and I prefer that my ambient lighting as bright as possible - even at night.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 01:08 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
And…. Just dropped her back off at the dealership. Of course no loaner cars as expected last minute.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 05:18 PM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Now BMW is telling me my custom programming (BimmerCode) and hardwired radar detector are interfering with one of the sensors. I’m goimg to call BS on this one considering it was working perfectly fine for four years just like this.

And this is precisely why I gave my service advisor and his manager $75 gift cards to Amazon. Hope to have this resolved tomorrow.
Appreciate 0