BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads Some real pics from a dealership in Ireland

01-26-2017, 07:14 AM   #23
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

I guess it was delivered with my M sport as it was fdelivered with sport gear box as standard, it was the original M sport in 2011, I do know the 2012 F10 M sport package was reduced and got less as standard, sport gear box was an option, others like the leather sport seats reduced to the one with no stiches. I assumed it was standard with the M sport package and not the SE models.

One option if you not opting for VDC, change to normal tyres once due, for more comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
VDC was not standard on the F10 and it isn't on the G30 either - it costs €1,450. The sport/comfort drive option isn't VDC. That simply changes the gearbox and steering response. VDC affects the dampers.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #24
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
That's what I thought too.
What's your view on it? Is it worth €1,450 or whatever the cost is in Norway?
I don't have it on my car. I even find the 704 M sport suspension too soft so I got coilovers.
To me the sport settings isn't sporty enough, and if you want comfort, the standard suspension is comfortably enough.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #25
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
I guess it was delivered with my M sport as it was fdelivered with sport gear box as standard, it was the original M sport in 2011, I do know the 2012 F10 M sport package was reduced and got less as standard, sport gear box was an option, others like the leather sport seats reduced to the one with no stiches. I assumed it was standard with the M sport package and not the SE models.

One option if you not opting for VDC, change to normal tyres once due, for more comfort
The G30 with 17'' rims comes with normal non-runflats as standard.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 11:18 AM   #26
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
I don't have it on my car. I even find the 704 M sport suspension too soft so I got coilovers.
To me the sport settings isn't sporty enough, and if you want comfort, the standard suspension is comfortably enough.
You guys must have good roads in Norway! To me comfort is what is needed on these roads.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #27
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep

With my previous E60 I upgraded my M sport to 19 inch rims, it was supplied with normal tyres due to the size, but offered the more expensive run flat tyres with 17 and 18 inch wheels! I am amazed with the overall starting price up, they fitting the 17 inch with normal tyres, a bit of rip off, normally you loose comfort with bigger wheels hence you don't mind going for normal tyres, to get some comfort back, but with 17 inch this is just a cost cutting exercise.

Quote:
The G30 with 17'' rims comes with normal non-runflats as standard.

Last edited by martin mustang; 01-26-2017 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #28
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Great choice! Can't wait to see your combo once it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #29
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Great choice! Can't wait to see your combo once it arrives.
That makes two of us!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 08:12 AM   #30
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep

Do you mind me asking if you trading a car in, what are you gettign for it? without the 4k discount.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 06:23 AM   #31
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G31

Went for test drive of the G30 @ the same dealership in Ireland. Also popped into the local MB dealership to give the E-Wagon a spin whilst i was at it.

I'm getting an estate or touring next. The Merc E220D was quite a good drive.

Think i'm gonna wait for the Touring of the BMW though.

They offered me 23k for my 141 520D SE with 57000miles on the clock. Basically they just offerred enough to clear my outstanding HP balance.
I'm sure they might push up to 25k i was going to deal.

Three months ago they were offering 32k for the same car at 54000miles.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 03:29 AM   #32
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep

I always check what cars like my one are selling on the BMW courts, and specifically by the dealer I am dealing with and work on that to negotiate a better deal, they add another 2k to your car to cover for the 3 year warranty the next owner of your car will get. so with that in mind and what your car will be advertise for should be the basis of your acceptable trade in value, and if not on try the next official dealer.
Remember the most important KPI is the 6 figure bonus from BMW based on the amount of new cars they sell I believe quarterly based, so the dealer with quite few cars to sell will give you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tek View Post
Went for test drive of the G30 @ the same dealership in Ireland. Also popped into the local MB dealership to give the E-Wagon a spin whilst i was at it.

They offered me 23k for my 141 520D SE with 57000miles on the clock. Basically they just offerred enough to clear my outstanding HP balance.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 04:29 AM   #33
Bandiano
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d Msport Touring

Went for test drive of the G30 @ the same dealership in Ireland. Also popped into the

Any heads up on touring date ?
Last I heard details due Feb and actual world launch at Geneva.....
Wish they'd get on with it my F11 530d MS lease is almost up !
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 02:20 PM   #34
Wonderbug
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: bmw F10

Went for bluestone metallic too after a lot of deliberation.. Previous f30 was silver ..still not sure if I should have gone for black! love the cognac interior though only really works with white..
Anyway on order now, went a bit mad on options ,,delivery in March..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #35
Crackity Jones
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 520d Msport plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tek View Post

Jeez that's a brutal price for a 141. Is it manual or an unusual colour or something??
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #36
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbug View Post
Went for bluestone metallic too after a lot of deliberation.. Previous f30 was silver ..still not sure if I should have gone for black! love the cognac interior though only really works with white..
Anyway on order now, went a bit mad on options ,,delivery in March..
What options did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #37
BemweeBE
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 - X1 xDrive18d F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
I wanted to go for Bluestone, but my wife insisted (we were together at a BMW dealership) that the only exterior colours that go with Cognac interior are black and white, not even carbon black. Thus I opted for alpine white and cognac interior. I have told myself to never go for a black colour again
She's partially right. To me, cognac works with all 'shades of grey', including black, white (nicest combo), silver, middle (bluestone) and dark (sophisto) grey.

It really does not work at all with anything with a blue undertone though (so bluestone probably needs a closer look, but in pictures I see no blue in it). Putting a cognac with med blue, carbon or imperial is really yuck, on a car. Just my 2 cents (and I know it's a popular combo and even BMW have shown cars like that).

If you want to go blue and avoid black leather, beige and the light beiges (oyster, elfen, etc.) is the way to go.

Another thing I don't get is combining cognac (brown undertone) with wood (another brown undertone but mismatched). The lack of contrast and half-way matching is something people seem to feel is luxurious, but I don't see it. To match cognac, again you need to go shades of grey (so aluminium or black/piano).

Degustibus...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #38
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BemweeBE View Post
She's partially right. To me, cognac works with all 'shades of grey', including black, white (nicest combo), silver, middle (bluestone) and dark (sophisto) grey.

It really does not work at all with anything with a blue undertone though (so bluestone probably needs a closer look, but in pictures I see no blue in it). Putting a cognac with med blue, carbon or imperial is really yuck, on a car. Just my 2 cents (and I know it's a popular combo and even BMW have shown cars like that).

If you want to go blue and avoid black leather, beige and the light beiges (oyster, elfen, etc.) is the way to go.

Another thing I don't get is combining cognac (brown undertone) with wood (another brown undertone but mismatched). The lack of contrast and half-way matching is something people seem to feel is luxurious, but I don't see it. To match cognac, again you need to go shades of grey (so aluminium or black/piano).

Degustibus...
I am not the best in aesthetics the reason for having my wife with me or else I would not hear the end of it. I have piano black in my current F10 and find it difficult to justify extra £560.00 for it. Anyway I have been in a G30 with cognac interior and Aluminium Rhombicle and I am quite impressed with the combination
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #39
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
I am not the best in aesthetics the reason for having my wife with me or else I would not hear the end of it. I have piano black in my current F10 and find it difficult to justify extra £560.00 for it. Anyway I have been in a G30 with cognac interior and Aluminium Rhombicle and I am quite impressed with the combination
Great to hear a validation of my choice based on actually seeing it in the flesh!!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #40
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BemweeBE View Post

Degustibus...
Or 4LQ - Poplar Grain Grey.
Appreciate 0