BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications G30 520d xdrive

08-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #1
adr_bimmer
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW G30 520D

G30 520d xdrive

Hi, I recently purchased BMW G30 520d and would like to see if a stage 2 would be possible on them and what are some ways I could be pushing it as far as it could go, if anybody has some advice and if you could offer some more in depth information that would be great.

As the information on this sort of engines are quite limited, I’ve even phone darkside developments here in UK and they said they haven’t worked on this engine before so can’t offer advice, they said they made a turbo for an overseas customer but it didn’t seem to work.

I’m looking into anything that would give some performance boost, sprint booster...remap...air filter ...dpf delete ...xhp flash everything basically, any help would be much appreciated. Maybe we could make this thread to offer more info on this engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #2
Deathstar
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d M Sport

They have never touched a 520d before? Or should I rephrase that. They have never touched a BMW 2.0, 4 Cylinder diesel before?
I do find that hard to believe.

A quick search gives me this for Celtic Tuning, a well known UK tuner.

https://www.celtictuning.co.uk/servi...e-1#t3-content
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 11:54 AM   #3
adr_bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstar View Post
They have never touched a 520d before? Or should I rephrase that. They have never touched a BMW 2.0, 4 Cylinder diesel before?
I do find that hard to believe.
They said “ We have not worked on the new engine, so we can't comment on what's possible and what is interchangeable.“ I never said they never worked on a 520d just not on the “new engine”. Now I would post screens but I don’t see that as being relevant... I mean thats what I’ve been told thats what I’ll say .. if they actually did then idk... all they said its that it would probably require turbo and emission delete to get to where I want so that mostly generalising and they said “ For now we no option on this engine. We made a prototype and sent to a customer in Russia, but they say it didn't work or at least they could not tune the car to work”. Thats all
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
adr_bimmer
Rep

Quote:

Thats a basic stage 1 that you can find anywhere and its not relevant to what my question is... I know a simple remap can be done pretty much at every corner but I was talking about taking it further if thats not obvious
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
Deathstar
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr_bimmer View Post
Quote:

Thats a basic stage 1 that you can find anywhere and its not relevant to what my question is... I know a simple remap can be done pretty much at every corner but I was talking about taking it further if thats not obvious
You have only spoken to one tuner to date. Maybe speak to others?

Little baffled to be honest, looking at a stage two, but a 530d with a stage 1 will give you a damn site more than a 4 pot with a stage two.

Like striving to get 100+ from a Vauxhall Nova 1.2, when buying they 1.6 would have been cheaper...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 05:42 AM   #6
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

Quote:
You have only spoken to one tuner to date. Maybe speak to others?

Little baffled to be honest, looking at a stage two, but a 530d with a stage 1 will give you a damn site more than a 4 pot with a stage two.

Like striving to get 100+ from a Vauxhall Nova 1.2, when buying they 1.6 would have been cheaper...
Yeah i'd agree. Try speaking with https://www.nvmotorsport.com/

These can really push the B58 engine and offer a stage 2.

But Hybrid turbos, induction kits, custom down pipe and exhaust systems its not going to be cheap.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 06:07 AM   #7
adr_bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm7djs View Post
Yeah i'd agree. Try speaking with https://www.nvmotorsport.com/

These can really push the B58 engine and offer a stage 2.

But Hybrid turbos, induction kits, custom down pipe and exhaust systems its not going to be cheap.
Well I’m planning to keep this car for a while so with time I will get things done bit by bit, haven’t heard of those guys before so I will give them a message, Thanks.

I think I’d be happy if I could push this to 250-270 ...i like seeing the face of people when they hear what you’re pushin from a 2.0 .. not to mention Insurance is crazy in London... Tho I do regret not getting a petrol ...tho I couldn’t find a a nice model as I was a bit tide to that 1 dealership
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 08:03 AM   #8
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

Here is a link to the Stage 2 they do on a 540i

Appreciate 0