BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 19 m550 Harmon kardon issue

12-01-2018, 02:12 AM   #1
bmwmike01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 M550 (on order

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

Roughly 3 weeks ago I picked up my custom order m550. I noticed within a couple of days that the speakers crackle and pop when the volume is at about 60% with all settings set in the middle (bass, treble, etc) I didn't change anything here. It is getting significantly worse and worse. The sound quality was amazing with my previous 2 BMW's and they all had Harmon Kardon as well. The audio quality in the m550 just sounds like crap. Could the speakers have come defective from the factory? They all seem kind of shot but the back one to the left seems to me the worst.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 05:13 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Well it's under warranty so take it straight back to the dealer. Possibly a loose connection? Either way they should sort it at no cost to you. Shame it's spoiled the experience of a new car
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 06:39 AM   #3
Shepway
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xdrive

I have had the same issue, see one of my posts.
Turned out to be loose trim inside the doors.
Dealer fixed it a month or so ago but it has started to do the same again so it's going back
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
bmwmike01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 M550 (on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepway View Post
Dealer fixed it a month or so ago but it has started to do the same again so it's going back

Hmm. thanks I made an appt with service to check it out. I doubt its the trim though, the voices in music sound distorted, kind of like a blown speaker, however I don't usually mess with the audio settings and this was the case since the moment I picked up my car, I thought it was just shitty audio from bluetooth then I decided to connect via wire and same thing which led me to think they came defective.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #5
Shepway
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepway View Post

Hmm. thanks I made an appt with service to check it out. I doubt its the trim though, the voices in music sound distorted, kind of like a blown speaker, however I don't usually mess with the audio settings and this was the case since the moment I picked up my car, I thought it was just shitty audio from bluetooth then I decided to connect via wire and same thing which led me to think they came defective.
I didn't believe them went they told me it was loose trim I would've bet money on it it was a broken speaker, as I could only get it to make a distortion noise at certain frequencies it's at its worse if you're listening to a radio station that are just talking.
But what ever the outcome is let me know.
Appreciate 0