BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 'Other' UK options post sales (service pack, GAP, etc)

08-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #1
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

'Other' UK options post sales (service pack, GAP, etc)

About to place an order for a G30 530i M Sport. Which means the dealer's Business Manager soon will try and tempt me with other options...

This will probably be GAP insurance, plus Tyre insurance (and all other similar); Service Pack (I think they only do the 3-year one now?) and some kind of paint protection.

GAP and Tyre I will source myself - but would still appreciate any feedback on what to look out for.

My current car is a company car and the dealer has always kept the service paperwork from me (in case they let slip the discount the leasing company got); so have no idea of current costs for 'normal'/planned servicing. For reference, it was done at c15k and c33k miles and no brake pads were changed - just oil and some filters. I'm planning on 12k miles per year.

It will be on PCP and I'm not an obsessive about detailing; but would still consider some kind of paint/interior protection. Assuming they cost £300-400, would I be better off looking for a detailer and how much would that be?

All feedback will be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 12:47 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

personally would not bother with any sealant they may sell as it'll be a rip off. I prefer to simply look after the car carefully myself.

good idea about gap as bmw charge around £1000 and I got mine for about a quarter of that.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 02:02 AM   #3
AP
Major General
Rep

I think the servicing plan (yes only 3 years now) is aguably a no brainer.
In general Ibthink anything they try and sell you is not good value other than the service plan.
I opted for no extras but that does put pressure on the discount proces as they wont make any extra profit on these extras.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 02:24 AM   #4
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01) xDrive20i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1gma View Post
About to place an order for a G30 530i M Sport. Which means the dealer's Business Manager soon will try and tempt me with other options...

This will probably be GAP insurance, plus Tyre insurance (and all other similar); Service Pack (I think they only do the 3-year one now?) and some kind of paint protection.

GAP and Tyre I will source myself - but would still appreciate any feedback on what to look out for.

My current car is a company car and the dealer has always kept the service paperwork from me (in case they let slip the discount the leasing company got); so have no idea of current costs for 'normal'/planned servicing. For reference, it was done at c15k and c33k miles and no brake pads were changed - just oil and some filters. I'm planning on 12k miles per year.

It will be on PCP and I'm not an obsessive about detailing; but would still consider some kind of paint/interior protection. Assuming they cost £300-400, would I be better off looking for a detailer and how much would that be?

All feedback will be much appreciated!
When i did the deal with my dealer i managed to get the things below included at no extra cost.

I have the same on G30 530i M Sport.

Service inclusive 3 years
4 yr Gap cover
Full Tank
Protect X
Retention plate

If you don't ask you don't get
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

I took the 5 year servicing deal on the F10 but I thought the value of the 3 year plan on the G30 was marginal...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #6
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Thanks for all the feedback.

I went through online brokers and one of the dealers kept on including GAP and other stuff in their quotes - never got a transparent written offer from them. Their loss...

I think I will include the service pack and could be tempted by some form of sealant (as I'm a lazy so and so re washing the car!) but need to investigate what aftermarket detailers/similar can do and their costs.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 05:58 AM   #7
AP
Major General
Rep

I'd have thought that a aftermarket detailer will do a better job to be honest.
I really only see BMW selling these extras purley for profit reasons and I don't think any of them are good value at all.

I've seen videos on cars with sealantsand I think tehre may be preferred methods to clean them , ie what to use and what not to use to ensure you get the best from it.

As I found when I ordered mine, as I had not chosen any of these extras, then it was that bit harder to get a good deal as they were not making any profit from Gap, sealant etc etc.
Appreciate 0